Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

Chris Hovan is a big red-headed pile of mediocrity

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by vikingman1971

Viking Spirt and ItalianStallion:
    Please excuse me if I wasn't clear, I wasn't trying to generalize the younger generation. That's what the comment about the "differences" was meant to show. Sorry if I wasn't clear. Personally what I have read from both of you has been well thought out posts. This was in no way claiming that I can't step in it once in a while because I am older. No offense was meant to the younger folks in general that's why my initial comment was directed at two people specifically. Again, my apologies to both of you.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    thanks man

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

no, problem. I wasn't eally offended, I was just sayin...

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

jdvikefan is offline Rookie

Say what you want snausages you cheesehead. Hovans numbers went down from being doubled teamed. Teams took thier chances with the rest of the D and the numbers don't lie. In 2003 every d-linemans sack numbers went up except for Hovan. Mixon went from 4.5 to 5, Johnstone went from 7 to 10, Williams who took Bromellls place improved from Bromells 4 to 10.5 and Fred Robbins went from 0 to 1 and he was hurt alot of the 2003 season. The D-line in 2002 had 21 sacks in 2003 they improved to 28.5 this is all with Hovans numbers going down.
    This tells me taht Hovan is taking up an extra blocker and freeing up Williams or Johnstone or someone else. That being said Do I think Hovan is a Pro-Bowler, NO not until he learns to shed blockers and get through double teams.
    You talk about mediocre, the Vikes payed Hovan about $600,000 over the last 2 years for 8.5 sacks and around 100 tackles, how much did the pack pay Joe Johnson for his impressive 10 tackles and 0.5 sacks over 2 years,what 3 or 4 million.
    bleed purple

actually jd, if you look at the packers game in the dome, hovan got schooed by the guard that was over him. he was singled every play. i was watching because everyone in here at he time was saying double and triple team all the time. i hate to side with a packer in this argument, but the doubles weren't there when i was watching. not saying he's not a good player, just putting the facts out there
    "ted nugent called. he wants his shirt back."-george clooney, ocean s eleven

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Point #1: I am surprised when I see some of you are teenagers, because your posts are well written. Sometimes, moreso than the adults. Maybe being a Viking fan gradually wears away at your brain cells as you get older. (jk)

Point #2: Not to agree with little sausage, but Hovan, right now, is a bit more hot air than he is being worth the hype. Fine by me. I honestly can't stand him, and makes it more fun to hate the Vkings when you can hate the individual players. I used to hate Randle and Carter, and now I can hate Moss and Hovan. Not much difference with you all hating Favre or Chumura.

In a way, someone said before that the Favre-Hovan thing really helped the rivalry. I suppose it did, so I guess it's good in that way. We love to have the guy we can put up on the dart board and fire away at.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

hovan is offline Star Spokesman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by LosAngelis

Point #1: I am surprised when I see some of you are teenagers, because your posts are well written. Sometimes, moreso than the adults. Maybe being a Viking fan gradually wears away at your brain cells as you get older. (jk)

Point #2: Not to agree with little sausage, but Hovan, right now, is a bit more hot air than he is being worth the hype. Fine by me. I honestly can't stand him, and makes it more fun to hate the Vkings when you can hate the individual players. I used to hate Randle and Carter, and now I can hate Moss and Hovan. Not much difference with you all hating Favre or Chumura.

In a way, someone said before that the Favre-Hovan thing really helped the rivalry. I suppose it did, so I guess it's good in that way. We love to have the guy we can put up on the dart board and fire away at.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

You got your Favre ...I GOT MY HOVAN
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

I am not one to say that Hovan is Doubled and Tripled every play because he is not. My point is, due to his play of 2 years ago when he had his best season, teams took notice and realized they need to key on him and keep him out of the backfield however that might be done. Either running plays away from his side, single blocking him and then getting a chip block on him from a fullback or whatever it be. I think the fact that every d-linemans numbers went up except his has alot to do with teams paying more attention to him. He need to learn how to overcome those situations and then he will be very tough to stop. By the way amy, that guard that schooled Hovan in the packer game, I believe taht was Marco Rivera, a pro bowler and the packs best lineman. I would bet Hovan is not the first nor the last to be schooled by him.
    bleed purple

BigMoInAZ is offline Pro-Bowler

Yea it is hilarious to come on these boards and read some of the troll posts. All I can say about Hovan, he better rebound in 2004 or he won't be around later! As for having him on the team, I'd rather see Hovan next to Big Country (Williams) than a Joe Johnson, Hunt or ex-Gravedigger!

Lo there, do I see the line of my People...Back to the Beginning.
    Lo do They call to me...They bid me take my Place among Them...in the Halls of VALHALLA where t

that's right jd, it was rivera, couldn't remember his name. i agree with everything you said there. i'm just tired of people making excuses for hovan, not that you are. but he DOESN'T get double and tripled all the time. when he is singled (about 50% of the time), he needs to play that guy like a fiddle. he has it in him, of that i've no doubt. i just want to see it on the field. plus, he has big country next to him, who will probably get doubled more than hovan this year. he's got no more excuses. also, it's his contract year. i think anything less than 10 sacks and 50 or so tackles is beneath him
    "ted nugent called. he wants his shirt back."-george clooney, ocean s eleven

Totally agree with you amavike.
    bleed purple

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234