Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Chris Cook Busted

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/13/chris-cook-busted-for-brandishing-a-handgun/

Lovely, just lovely!

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Chris Cook Busted

2010....Worst draft ever.

We passed on Best, a true homerun threat and the type of back we need to trade up and give up a 3rd for a FB.

Now this asshole is flashing guns at people. I hope he had a license for it.
    Brilliant!

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

UGH!... dear oh dear Mr Cook.. smh

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

He’s the second Minnesota rookie from the 2010 draft to be arrested this offseason. Defensive end Everson Griffen was arrested not once but twice, in a matter of days.
    Yee Haw. Let's see that Purple Pride......

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "kevoncox" #1091430

We passed on Best, a true homerun threat and the type of back we need to trade up and give up a 3rd for a FB.

Brilliant!
    "this asshole flashing guns" is a little difficult predict based on game tape and a few combine interviews and a brief background check.

I don't blame any of this on Spielman or whomever selected Cook.

But I absolutely agree with you about last years draft being one of the worst.
    And I will go a little farther and say Wilf should have let Spielman go, right along with Childress, and hire a GM with a successful track record.

There is no excuse for missing on a first pick, unless you are Al Davis; especially if you trade back to get the pick.

And though Cook flashed some signs of talent prior to his first injury, he hasn't shown much since.
    I hope he comes back healthy, providing he isn't in prison, and shows he was worthy of the pick.

But I see your post as a concern for those in charge of drafting.
    I agree with your assessment of Toby.

The 2010 draft was not very good.
    I'm not going to blame Spielman or the Coaches anymore.
    It's time for the owners to wise up.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

As much as I hate to say it, the Vikings' last year's draft class is a bit disappointing at this moment.

[ol]
    [li]Chris Cook - great potential, but can't seem to stay healthy. Plus, he seems to have off-field issues.[/li]
    [li]Toby Gerhart - decent runningback, but that's exactly the problem: He's a RUNNING BACK. Toby will never receive enough snaps in a game to deserve the second round value while playing behind the best RB in the league. That's just facts! By the way, I heard someone wanting us to draft Mark Ingram with the #12 on this forum and I almost punched the screen. That would only be disrespecting Adrian Peterson.[/li]
    [li]Everson Griffin - powerful defensive end who was ranked high coming into the draft. Then came draft day and boy did this guy fall. I was super excited that he fell to us for such a low price, but I'm starting to understand why. Pre-draft reports questioned his character and said he lacks consistent effort and competitiveness at times. Looks like they were right. I'm glad we "only" used a fourth rounder on him.[/li]
    [li]Chris DeGeare - physically gifted offensive guard, but struggles with the mental aspects of the game. Time will tell... [/li]
    [li]The only late round draft pick to mention is Joe Webb and he might have been a steal. Again, time will tell...[/li]
    [/ol]
    ... Overall the draft looks bad, but what hurts the most is that we passed on a proven quarterback in Colt McCoy several times as I wanted to draft him with the first pick.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "HEY" #1091436
    what hurts the most is that we passed on a proven quarterback in Colt McCoy several times as I wanted to draft him with the first pick.
    worth repeating. I was in the same boat as you.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1091437
    what hurts the most is that we passed on a proven quarterback in Colt McCoy several times as I wanted to draft him with the first pick.
    Add one more

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1091438
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1091437
    Add one more
    Count me in

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "jargomcfargo" #1091435

Brilliant!
    "this asshole flashing guns" is a little difficult predict based on game tape and a few combine interviews and a brief background check.

I don't blame any of this on Spielman or whomever selected Cook.

But I absolutely agree with you about last years draft being one of the worst.
    And I will go a little farther and say Wilf should have let Spielman go, right along with Childress, and hire a GM with a successful track record.

There is no excuse for missing on a first pick, unless you are Al Davis; especially if you trade back to get the pick.

And though Cook flashed some signs of talent prior to his first injury, he hasn't shown much since.
    I hope he comes back healthy, providing he isn't in prison, and shows he was worthy of the pick.

But I see your post as a concern for those in charge of drafting.
    I agree with your assessment of Toby.

The 2010 draft was not very good.
    I'm not going to blame Spielman or the Coaches anymore.
    It's time for the owners to wise up.
    They treated the draft as their free agency. It was a short-sighted fix at what apparently was the last swing at a championship under the Favre/Chilly era.

We ignored BPA for reaches that fit our needs.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast