Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Re: Chilly on Both Taylor Peterson on MNF

I don't see CT being traded for a DE, if so, certainly not for a starter any better than what we have.
    No way straight up...maybe with a draft choice.
    DE is a premium, there are more teams in need of a quality DE than in need of a quality DE.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Enough of the trade talk surrounding CT.
    He won't be traded.

He is way to important to this team and if it was even being discussed the staff would put way to big of a asking price on him to make it attractive to any team.

Look what they were asking for Memo.
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

hx38596 is offline Pro-Bowler

"Marrdro" wrote:
    He won't be traded.

He is way to important to this team and if it was even being discussed the staff would put way to big of a asking price on him to make it attractive to any team.

:
    I'm sure the staff would want to hold on to him... What if he wants to be traded?

"hx38596" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    He won't be traded.

:
    I'm sure the staff would want to hold on to him... What if he wants to be traded?
    I am not sure why he would want to be traded?
    All the pro's are on his side with only one Con....He isn't labeled the starter........

a.
    He gets plenty of carries to make his incentives.
    If he isn't I am sure his agent and Bryzcheapski and restructure.
    b.
    He is on a team that is becomin a contender.
    c.
    He is given credit for that unlike his situation with the Ravens.
    d. He currently has a pretty decent contract
    e. He is on a team with a great environment.
    f.
    The coaching staff knows his worth.

Again, I don't see why he would want to go someplace unless being labeled as the starter is more important than all the positives.
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

I dont think its as much of the Vikes "shipping off" Taylor as much as it is Taylor wanting to leave. He's proven he can be a #1 back in this league and he's played in someone's shadow virtually his whole career. If there's someone out there that wants him as their starter (and there will be) Taylor will jump at the opportunity to be the feature guy elsewhere...I dont blame him, the dude just wants to get his hands on the ball...and the whole Petersen situation sucks for Taylor, but Taylor's not gonna complain because he and everyone else recognizes what Petersen is and knows that its necessary and that it gives the Vikes the best chance to win.

I know that coaches and Spielman want to keep him...but the price may be too high when his contract is up and he could demand a trade to play for a team with nobody else at RB.

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "hx38596" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    He won't be traded.

:
    All the pro's are on his side with only one Con....He isn't labeled the starter........

a.
    b.
    c.
    f.

Again, I don't see why he would want to go someplace unless being labeled as the starter is more important than all the positives.
    :
    It can also have to do with pride. As long as he is on the team he is the read headed stepchild and AP is the golden child. Every time he give an interview the first question asked will be about what he thinks of AP or something to that effect. Anyone who has a job that all of a sudden has someone brought into the organization with the same title who takes away from their power or ranking in the organization is not going to be as happy as they were before. Unless they have no pride.

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "hx38596" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    He won't be traded.

:

a.
    b.
    c.
    f.

:
    It can also have to do with pride. As long as he is on the team he is the read headed stepchild and AP is the golden child. Every time he give an interview the first question asked will be about what he thinks of AP or something to that effect. Anyone who has a job that all of a sudden has someone brought into the organization with the same title who takes away from their power or ranking in the organization is not going to be as happy as they were before. Unless they have no pride.
    Good point, however, can't/won't that happen on any team?
    Heck if you want to think that way, TJ (as our starting QB) would then want to go someplace else cause he isn't "The Guy" on the team.
    I kindof lump that into the whole "Being Labeled the Starter" catagory.

I really don't think that "The Starter" is more important than the importance of his role and whether or not he is meeting the incentives of his contract.
    With those two under control then the fact that he is on a "Contender" (really believe we can say that next year) he would/should be happy.

Long story short, I just don't see him as being unhappy right now or in the near future.
    :

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234