Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Schutz is offline Team Alumni

Re: Chilly on Both Taylor Peterson on MNF

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    if we'r gonna trade Taylor they better make gol 'darnit sure well, they get a heck of a pick or players for him... maybe Jason Taylor and a draft pick...
    If McNabb is worth 3 first round draft choices, Taylor should be, too. Heck, I'd even trade him for TWO first round choices, especially to Miami!
    Funny you two should mention Jason.

I was snooping around looking for possible FA candidates at DE that we might go after and I found alot of little blogs and discussions about how he wants out after 11 years.

http://www.thephinsider.com/story/2007/12/12/163232/08

11 years is alot of wear and tear, however, he is still pretty productive and with the rotation we have here he would get some reps off.

Would I give CT or a 1rst for him :?
    Wow I would have to think about that (Probably not) however I would give a 2nd for him.
    Nahh i wouldn't give up a second for him either.
    Look at other former superstars in decline or having bad years they go for 3rd and 4th round picks.
    You can find somebody in the second round that will impact as much as a worn out Jason Taylor.

Mikecarter81 is offline Coordinator

"purplepowered" wrote:
    When asked about the two headed monstor last night concerning next years team he said we have both right now. What kind of comment is that! Is he really stupid enough to get rid of taylor now that he has Peterson? gol 'darnit that pissed me off when I am watching this game back. I will just kill myself if he gets rid of Taylor because of the fact of Peterson. Try Keeping both dummy! Anyone else see it?

Guys come on don't you see the psychology of it?
    The team has bought into the idea of urgency and that one step at a time as in one game at a time.
    He was just preaching the party line on this one.
    I think its smart.
    Why create a controversy that could get into the psycvhe of his backs?

Mike
    I am an avid Viking fan, but also am an avid restoration guy of vintage Mopar(Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth)B bodies

PurpleGator is offline Hall of Famer

"purplepowered" wrote:
    When asked about the two headed monstor last night concerning next years team he said we have both right now. What kind of comment is that! Is he really stupid enough to get rid of taylor now that he has Peterson? gol 'darnit that pissed me off when I am watching this game back. I will just kill myself if he gets rid of Taylor because of the fact of Peterson. Try Keeping both dummy! Anyone else see it?
    One game at a time, lets not make this an issue.
    I think Childress said the right thing.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22221615/

The Vikings are all about the run — which is why they are heating up while others are cooling off.

They can run it with Adrian Peterson (6.1 yards per carry). They can run it with Chester Taylor (5.3 yards per carry). And then even can run it with Mewelde Moore (5.3). They might even be able to run it with Chuck Foreman — today, at age 57.

What that tells us is a lot of the credit for the Vikings’ running game has to go to their offensive line, which is as good as any in the NFL.

I guess some like the play of our line, but then again the media are all hacks so this must be B.S.

651Vikes is offline Training Camp

CT deserves an oppertunity to be the featured back somewhere. With AP here and healthy, I don't see CT getting that oppertunity. Using him as trade while he is still low mileage and his stock still high would be smart and respectful to CT. But we have to deal him somewhere he can be more productive.

If he goes, I would be sadden but at the same time, happy for CT. For what he has done for us and still be over shadowed by AP, that in itself is heartbreaking. Of course, having 2 great backs makes us better. But as time goes on, CT will start to fade into the night if and when, AP takes the full load again.

Jason Taylor...
    Our chances of getting JT could be pretty good. He's aging and wants an superbowl ring. If we can make it to the playoffs, we have a bright future for next season and will be considered a contender for next season. Also playing next to arguably the best DT combo in the league is a sexy position for any DE.

Julius Peppers...
    Here's a DE we should be looking at as well. Peppers will be in his last season of his contract next season. He already wants to be the highest paid DE in his next contract. But he is having a down year and won't get the money from the Panthers until he can prove he deserves it next season. With the Panthers possibly on a rebuilding year next season with John Fox possibly gone.. There is a possibility Peppers could be part of trade talks while he still has some value. If Peppers have another down year next season, Panters won't get any value for him when he reaches the end of his contract.

I could see CT and a draft pick trade for Peppers a possibility. DeAngalo Williams has not done much since he's been drafted in the first round a few years back. DeShuan Foster does not look as good as CT does. Their QB situation is probably worse then ours so they need CT's running game more.

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

We should be trading memo before Taylor. If CT feels we're close to a superbowl, why wouldn't he stay? I know it sounds crazy, but in one, two years we might be there. Keep our defense, let the young offense get reps... who knows..
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

hx38596 is offline Pro-Bowler

"651Vikes" wrote:
    CT deserves an oppertunity to be the featured back somewhere. With AP here and healthy, I don't see CT getting that oppertunity. Using him as trade while he is still low mileage and his stock still high would be smart and respectful to CT. But we have to deal him somewhere he can be more productive.

If he goes, I would be sadden but at the same time, happy for CT. For what he has done for us and still be over shadowed by AP, that in itself is heartbreaking. Of course, having 2 great backs makes us better. But as time goes on, CT will start to fade into the night if and when, AP takes the full load again.

Jason Taylor...
    Our chances of getting JT could be pretty good. He's aging and wants an superbowl ring. If we can make it to the playoffs, we have a bright future for next season and will be considered a contender for next season. Also playing next to arguably the best DT combo in the league is a sexy position for any DE.

Julius Peppers...
    Here's a DE we should be looking at as well. Peppers will be in his last season of his contract next season. He already wants to be the highest paid DE in his next contract. But he is having a down year and won't get the money from the Panthers until he can prove he deserves it next season. With the Panthers possibly on a rebuilding year next season with John Fox possibly gone.. There is a possibility Peppers could be part of trade talks while he still has some value. If Peppers have another down year next season, Panters won't get any value for him when he reaches the end of his contract.

I could see CT and a draft pick trade for Peppers a possibility. DeAngalo Williams has not done much since he's been drafted in the first round a few years back. DeShuan Foster does not look as good as CT does. Their QB situation is probably worse then ours so they need CT's running game more.
    Yeah, a DE would be really good.
    And i wouldn't worry too much about 'aging' for DE's.
    They seem to remain very effective a few years later than you would think.
    C. Haley, M. Strahan just to name a few off the top of my head.
    I would even say a more experienced DE might be more desirable than a drafted one.

And hearing CT's interviews throughout the year, i can't keep from hearing disappointment even when he says all that BS stuff that they are suppose to say when talking about starting, sharing carries, etc.
    Team first type stuff.

"hx38596" wrote:
    "651Vikes" wrote:

Jason Taylor...

Julius Peppers...

I would even say a more experienced DE might be more desirable than a drafted one.

And hearing CT's interviews throughout the year, i can't keep from hearing disappointment even when he says all that BS stuff that they are suppose to say when talking about starting, sharing carries, etc.
    Team first type stuff.
    I've mentioned before, Terrell Suggs is a free agent this offseason, and he'll probably jump ship from the failing Ravens, he could very well end up in a Vikings uniform.

hx38596 is offline Pro-Bowler

[/quote]

Team first type stuff.

[/quote]

I've mentioned before, Terrell Suggs is a free agent this offseason, and he'll probably jump ship from the failing Ravens, he could very well end up in a Vikings uniform.
    [/quote]

Suggs?
    More of a pass rusher would be more desirable.
    He's a bit lacking in sacks vs. Taylor... more of a run stop guy/pass rusher.
    I'd like to see a pass rusher expert, we have plenty of run stopping players.

"hx38596" wrote:

Team first type stuff.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Suggs?
    More of a pass rusher would be more desirable.
    He's a bit lacking in sacks vs. Taylor... more of a run stop guy/pass rusher.
    I'd like to see a pass rusher expert, we have plenty of run stopping players.
    [/quote]

Who are you watching, T Suggs is a great Pass Rusher.
    But he also plays linebacker a lot.
    He's had 12, 10.5, 8, 9.5 sacks in his first 4 years, I'd call that a pretty good pass rusher considering he only plays DE part time.
    The man is a great athlete who can play multiple positions and would be good in a zone system.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast