Re: Chilly on Both Taylor Peterson on MNF

do we still have ciatrik fason. if so were good
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Why did you waste your breathe to even ask a question I really don't see the need, at this point to even discuss", is how I interpreted the Chillers response
    ;D.

Right now they are both on the team, we need to worry about the Redskins and they are a great asset to the team.

What happens next year, no one can tell, however, the staff (not just the Chiller) will make the right call based on team needs.

My assumption is that they will keep both on the squad, try to keep both of them happy, and keep building a team around a very potent running attack.

I do, however, see an issue though when CT's contract comes up.
    Would you pay him another huge contract?
    I wouldn't.
    I would let him go based on the fact that I drafted his replacement in the 2007 or 2008 draft who is now ready to keep AD fresh.
    Spot on with the observations my friend. However Taylor spent a long time playing backup in Baltimore and I can't see him wanting to do the same here. To be fair he could go to a lot of teams and be the featured back, like he was here last season. We could use Memo to spell AP and maybe get a good trade deal for Taylor.
    I would prefer we kept him and played the 1-2 punch with AP but if it's in his and the Vikes interests to part company then so be it.
    Anyway thats for the offseason not the current one.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

The other Taylor (Fred) and Maurice J-D seem to do fine splitting carries. I want to keep Taylor around as injury insurance and to split time with AD. It works well.. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"AngloVike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Why did you waste your breathe to even ask a question I really don't see the need, at this point to even discuss", is how I interpreted the Chillers response
    ;D.

Right now they are both on the team, we need to worry about the Redskins and they are a great asset to the team.

What happens next year, no one can tell, however, the staff (not just the Chiller) will make the right call based on team needs.

My assumption is that they will keep both on the squad, try to keep both of them happy, and keep building a team around a very potent running attack.

I do, however, see an issue though when CT's contract comes up.
    Would you pay him another huge contract?
    I wouldn't.
    I would let him go based on the fact that I drafted his replacement in the 2007 or 2008 draft who is now ready to keep AD fresh.
    Spot on with the observations my friend. However Taylor spent a long time playing backup in Baltimore and I can't see him wanting to do the same here. To be fair he could go to a lot of teams and be the featured back, like he was here last season. We could use Memo to spell AP and maybe get a good trade deal for Taylor.
    I would prefer we kept him and played the 1-2 punch with AP but if it's in his and the Vikes interests to part company then so be it.
    Anyway thats for the offseason not the current one.
    I know this will get a retort from Singer, however, I believe the biggest bang on Memo (from a Coaches standpoint) is that he doesn't pass block well.
    CT does and I am sure AD will come around as well.

I've posted several articles on that subject here quoting meathead.

I just don't see the Chiller (and staff) keeping a back in a system were the back needs to be a good pass blocker.

I look to see them draft a mid round RB who can run with/catch the ball as a future backup/replacement for CT when his contract is done.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"mr.woo" wrote:
    no

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

if we'r gonna trade Taylor they better make damn sure well, they get a heck of a pick or players for him... maybe Jason Taylor and a draft pick...

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "mr.woo" wrote:
    no
    frick. well its too late now we might as well lose every game from here on out
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    if we'r gonna trade Taylor they better make gol 'darnit sure well, they get a heck of a pick or players for him... maybe Jason Taylor and a draft pick...
    If McNabb is worth 3 first round draft choices, Taylor should be, too. Heck, I'd even trade him for TWO first round choices, especially to Miami!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

TJ Houshmanzadeh might want out of Cincinnati, and they need a RB...

could happen.

I can promise that the bengals will only have one of their big three Wr's at the start of next season, it just comes down to which one stays.
    I would gladly take Chad or TJ, they are ballers.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    if we'r gonna trade Taylor they better make gol 'darnit sure well, they get a heck of a pick or players for him... maybe Jason Taylor and a draft pick...
    If McNabb is worth 3 first round draft choices, Taylor should be, too. Heck, I'd even trade him for TWO first round choices, especially to Miami!
    Funny you two should mention Jason.

I was snooping around looking for possible FA candidates at DE that we might go after and I found alot of little blogs and discussions about how he wants out after 11 years.

http://www.thephinsider.com/story/2007/12/12/163232/08

11 years is alot of wear and tear, however, he is still pretty productive and with the rotation we have here he would get some reps off.

Would I give CT or a 1rst for him :?
    Wow I would have to think about that (Probably not) however I would give a 2nd for him.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast