Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    purplepowered is offline Pro-Bowler

Chilly on Both Taylor Peterson on MNF

When asked about the two headed monstor last night concerning next years team he said we have both right now. What kind of comment is that! Is he really stupid enough to get rid of taylor now that he has Peterson? Damn that pissed me off when I am watching this game back. I will just kill myself if he gets rid of Taylor because of the fact of Peterson. Try Keeping both dummy! Anyone else see it?
    I am THE #1 Sidney Rice #18 Fan ever! Don't Be surprised when this kid IS a superstar! He is humble, smart, tough, talented and has alot of character! Takes alot of pride in his work, team, fans and life. Watch out for this kid! I think he is awesome! Everytime he touches the ball its MAGIC!

Frostbite is offline Coach

Re: Chilly on Both Taylor Peterson on MNF

I doubt we keep Taylor here next season. He has the ability to be the Featured Back on any NFL team and rightfully deserves the chance to do so. He could be excellent trade bait for a top WR??

In any case it will be hard to keep C.Tay in a Vikings uniform shuffling in and out with AD next season....Just my opinion.

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

"purplepowered" wrote:
    When asked about the two headed monstor last night concerning next years team he said we have both right now. What kind of comment is that! Is he really stupid enough to get rid of taylor now that he has Peterson? gol 'darnit that pissed me off when I am watching this game back. I will just kill myself if he gets rid of Taylor because of the fact of Peterson. Try Keeping both dummy! Anyone else see it?
    Didnt see it, i dont think it will be an issue.. i just think maybe he could be sending a sign to teams that its not totally unrealistic to ask about Taylor.. but the price will be high.. Thats for sure..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer

I'm sure he doesn't want to lose Taylor, but Taylor may ask to be traded. If this happens, I wouldn't mind getting Ray Rice in the second round (assuming he declares)...
    Also, if we do lose him we better get something good for him, as much as I like Chester, this situation can play out to the teams advantage.

Ranger is offline Coach

Most of the teams that could use a Taylor either don't have a wide receiver worth trading straight up for, or wouldn't.
    Either those situations or the draft choice is too high an asking price based on the team performance.

As long as we dont lose out and get say a T will pick ...like the kid but he hasnt panned out.
    I can see thos getting somethng great for hime lets see what happens , but yeah he deserves it.
    He may like to stay also and get the opportunity for a ring with us..... We are getting really close. really close. PLEASE CT IF YOU SEE THIS PLEASE STAY DONT ASK TO BE TRADED WE WANT AN NEED YA! WE LOVE YA and I just got Your Jersey last night before the game. See ya at Training camp!

CT and with His old mate maybe back
    together in Browns tho for Derek Anderson> lol
    I am THE #1 Sidney Rice #18 Fan ever! Don't Be surprised when this kid IS a superstar! He is humble, smart, tough, talented and has alot of character! Takes alot of pride in his work, team, fans and life. Watch out for this kid! I think he is awesome! Everytime he touches the ball its MAGIC!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I have been saying since the draft that Taylor would probably not be with the team long term. He is a proven that he can be the top back on a team and with NFL careers being as short as they are for running backs you need to get what you can when you can. You do not get paid top money for playing second fiddle. Then you need to consider the agent who represents him. The agent's job is to maximize his value and he may need to go to another team to do that.

However, he is still under contract and will be paid fairly well staying with the Vikings and he needs to consider how wore down he got last year when we ran the crap out of him.

One way or the other if he leaves we will be able to find another back to sub for AP when he needs it so I am not worried in the least. It will be fun watching the two of them together for as long as it lasts and it will be fun watching his replacement when he leaves.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Why did you waste your breathe to even ask a question I really don't see the need, at this point to even discuss", is how I interpreted the Chillers response
    ;D.

Right now they are both on the team, we need to worry about the Redskins and they are a great asset to the team.

What happens next year, no one can tell, however, the staff (not just the Chiller) will make the right call based on team needs.

My assumption is that they will keep both on the squad, try to keep both of them happy, and keep building a team around a very potent running attack.

I do, however, see an issue though when CT's contract comes up.
    Would you pay him another huge contract?
    I wouldn't.
    I would let him go based on the fact that I drafted his replacement in the 2007 or 2008 draft who is now ready to keep AD fresh.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

I just hate seeing when we get something great going and then you see like the Bears for instance let one go this year and now they are done makes a difference. So in our instance we continue to make players for other teams, its time to keep
    guys that are doing well and publicly he could have just shut up and not said anything at all. I kinda figured this when it happened when we drafted Peterson but i didnt think it would right away. I remeber when he fired the Wr on Christmas eve last year. Which I know he regrets the timing from a cpl weeks ago interview but, he I think needs to keep somethings to himself. If he plans to get rid of him in the offseason fine do it but let us enjoy it and worry later. Alot of his words dont match his actions.. Anyway I was just surprised that he said something like that. I myself think it was stupid. Keep that strong tw headed monster. Not everyone has such a great thing.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"purplepowered" wrote:
    I just hate seeing when we get something great going and then you see like the Bears for instance let one go this year and now they are done makes a difference. So in our instance we continue to make players for other teams, its time to keep
    guys that are doing well and publicly he could have just shut up and not said anything at all. I kinda figured this when it happened when we drafted Peterson but i didnt think it would right away. I remeber when he fired the Wr on Christmas eve last year. Which I know he regrets the timing from a cpl weeks ago interview but, he I think needs to keep somethings to himself. If he plans to get rid of him in the offseason fine do it but let us enjoy it and worry later. Alot of his words dont match his actions.. Anyway I was just surprised that he said something like that. I myself think it was stupid. Keep that strong tw headed monster. Not everyone has such a great thing.
    Again, I guess it is based on your interpretation of what you heard, but I didn't hear or read it as he is gone, but rather is response was more of a dismissal of a dumb question that didn't even warrant a reply.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast