marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

Re:Chilly always win...

Brazilian Rider wrote:
    marshallvike wrote:
    BleedinPandG wrote:
    marshallvike wrote:
    Prophet wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    Funny... for a guy who always wins... he's never won a championship... at any level.
    Especially if you don't count the first back-to-back NFCN Champs since the late 70s when it was the NFCC. Or the fact that he accomplished that while completely changing the offensive and defensive schemes with two differen defensive coordinators and special team coaches in <5 yrs in his first gig as an NFL coach. Yeah, he sucks. Besides, you are only two games away from changing your name to Brad Childress.

I don't know proph, I thought we still played the cover two. And we are still running the WCO/KAO. Just that someone else is calling the plays now so it actually works. That someone usually keeps his hands warm caressing Sullivan's huevos.
    See... this is just silliness... [strike]Favre[/strike]Chilly has been in the league, what, [strike]18[/strike] 4years? He has [strike]played[/strike] coachedin the WCO essentially his entire career. NEVER, prior to this year, prior to this team, prior to this scheme [strike]developed [/strike]deployedby this [strike]coach[/strike]QB, has he ever performed at the level he did this year. You can give Favre all the credit

[strike]you want, but he[/strike]Chilly is simply a tool. That tool has been used in the past and gotten good results, but never the types of results it achieved this year in the hands of a more masterful carpenter. I do not believe the[strike] tool[/strike]coach improved after [strike]18[/strike] 4years of use, it seems more intuitive that the new man wielding the tool is superior to those who previously tried.
    [strike][/strike]

fixed it
    That must have taken so much patience that even though I don't necessarily agree with you, I applaud you.
    Just thought I would pick up the slack while marr is in the closet.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

slavinator wrote:
    "Everywhere Childress has gone, his teams have won, and if you believe itís all coincidence then itís a sure sign you still write letters to Santa."

We have all had our doubts about Chilli, but this line is just a classic.
    The writer fails to notice that Childress loses... a lot. Pretty much his entire career.

He's never won a National Championship or a Super Bowl... hell, he's never even won a HS State Championship... which brings to mind the question, what has he won?

Nothing.

Yet.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

C Mac D wrote:
    slavinator wrote:
    "Everywhere Childress has gone, his teams have won, and if you believe itís all coincidence then itís a sure sign you still write letters to Santa."

The writer fails to notice that Childress loses... a lot. Pretty much his entire career.

He's never won a National Championship or a Super Bowl... hell, he's never even won a HS State Championship... which brings to mind the question, what has he won?

Nothing.

Yet.
    Yet being the operative word

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

C Mac D wrote:
    slavinator wrote:

Nothing.

Yet.
    A couple NFC North Championships.
    Probably a few NFC East Championships.
    The NFC Championship.
    The Rose Bowl.

Childress's career winning percentage in his 30 years of coaching is 56%.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brad_Childress

jmcdon00 wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    slavinator wrote:

Nothing.

Yet.
    The NFC Championship.
    The Rose Bowl.

Equating to a total of zero Super Bowls and National Championships... just like I said.

But hey, if you're fine settling for 2nd place, more power to you.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

C Mac D wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    slavinator wrote:

Nothing.

Yet.
    The NFC Championship.
    The Rose Bowl.

Equating to a total of zero Super Bowls and National Championships... just like I said.

So - Bud Grant's a loser, too, eh?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Zeus wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    slavinator wrote:

Nothing.

Yet.
    The NFC Championship.
    The Rose Bowl.

So - Bud Grant's a loser, too, eh?

=Z=
    Well, He certianly won a lot of regular season games... but I consider him exactly the same as Marv Levy. Good coach, jut not good enough to win it all.

Holmstrom is offline Rookie

I was at the head of the angry mob ready to storm Chilly's house and run him out of town. It's funny what a playoff win can do for the way you view a guy. Win one on the road and I'm your's Chilly. :kiss:
    None

Holmstrom wrote:
    I was at the head of the angry mob ready to storm Chilly's house and run him out of town. It's funny what a playoff win can do for the way you view a guy. Win one on the road and I'm your's Chilly. :kiss:
    Does no one remember the Carolina game? How about the beginning of the Bears game the following week? Funny, the second half of the Bears game Vikes put up 30+ points... and Childress said after the game that he thought the reporters would "let him have it" because his run-first philosophy was chucked out the door in the second half.

Since the second half of the Bears game, the Vikes have been the most potent team in the league.

Chilly's coaching got tossed out the door in favor of letting Favre run the offense.

Holmstrom is offline Rookie

Just another good decision by Chilly, IMO. You gotta know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em.
    None

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast