Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    BleedinPandG is offline Coach

Chilly always win...

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/34939522/ns/sports-nfl/

"Brad Childress has always been an easy target. Heís always been all business, a guy youíre not sure has teeth because youíve never seen him smile. A guy who always looks like heís in line at the local DMV.

Brad Childress is the perfect fall guy."

Interesting article... it's always tough to tell where to place blame or where to give credit in an organism as complicated as a football team... but you have to admit, the author has a point... Childress has been involved in winning programs.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

Re:Chilly always win...

BleedinPandG wrote:

"Brad Childress has always been an easy target. Heís always been all business, a guy youíre not sure has teeth because youíve never seen him smile. A guy who always looks like heís in line at the local DMV.

Interesting article... it's always tough to tell where to place blame or where to give credit in an organism as complicated as a football team... but you have to admit, the author has a point... Childress has been involved in winning programs.
    Agreed. Not being in Minnesota, i haven't really seen too many ways to hate him (as most of you guys do). I think he's all business and knows what he's doing. Unfortunately, some of the players and baggage from the McCombs/Tice era didn't like the authority he possessed, which delayed his goals for coaching. It's hard to say much if he takes us to the superbowl
    Sean Saunders

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

CulpepperViking16 wrote:
    BleedinPandG wrote:

Agreed. Not being in Minnesota, i haven't really seen too many ways to hate him (as most of you guys do). I think he's all business and knows what he's doing. Unfortunately, some of the players and baggage from the McCombs/Tice era didn't like the authority he possessed, which delayed his goals for coaching. It's hard to say much if he takes us to the superbowl
    Yesterday, on KFAN, I heard both Pete Bercich (former Viking, former Viking LB coach, current Viking play-by-play guy) and Steve Mariucci (former NFL head coach, current talking head on NFLN) talk about what a great job Childress is doing with this team.

I trust their opinions just a tad more than some of the wonks on PPO.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Flidais is offline Rookie

I think after the Green/Tice eras most of the Vikings fans have trust issues with coaches.

Or at least I do.

I will admit Chilly is growing on me, press conference by press conference. The smirking as he was talking about Keith Brooking was pretty good.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Childress getting little credit for Vikesí success
    Heís all substance. A guy focused on philosophy and watching tape and creating strategies.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=dw-disregardchildress011910&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Funny... for a guy who always wins... he's never won a championship... at any level.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

C Mac D wrote:
    Funny... for a guy who always wins... he's never won a championship... at any level.
    Especially if you don't count the first back-to-back NFCN Champs since the late 70s when it was the NFCC. Or the fact that he accomplished that while completely changing the offensive and defensive schemes with two differen defensive coordinators and special team coaches in <5 yrs in his first gig as an NFL coach. Yeah, he sucks. Besides, you are only two games away from changing your name to Brad Childress.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Prophet wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    Especially if you don't count the first back-to-back NFCN Champs since the late 70s when it was the NFCC. Or the fact that he accomplished that while completely changing the offensive and defensive schemes with two differen defensive coordinators and special team coaches in <5 yrs in his first gig as an NFL coach. Yeah, he sucks. Besides, you are only two games away from changing your name to Brad Childress.
    I'd love to carry the name Brad Childress. I've already got the arrogance and faux football knowledge down pat.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

C Mac D wrote:
    Prophet wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    I'd love to carry the name Brad Childress. I've already got the arrogance and faux football knowledge down pat.
    You definitely have the look and knowledge for the job. You can go down to nawlins this weekend and cross-dress and you will have him down to a tee.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

Prophet wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:

I don't know proph, I thought we still played the cover two. And we are still running the WCO/KAO. Just that someone else is calling the plays now so it actually works. That someone usually keeps his hands warm caressing Sullivan's huevos.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast