Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 48
  1. #1
    BleedinPandG is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    969

    Chilly always win...

    http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/34939522/ns/sports-nfl/

    "Brad Childress has always been an easy target. Heís always been all business, a guy youíre not sure has teeth because youíve never seen him smile. A guy who always looks like heís in line at the local DMV.

    Brad Childress is the perfect fall guy."

    Interesting article... it's always tough to tell where to place blame or where to give credit in an organism as complicated as a football team... but you have to admit, the author has a point... Childress has been involved in winning programs.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    241

    Re:Chilly always win...

    BleedinPandG wrote:
    http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/34939522/ns/sports-nfl/

    "Brad Childress has always been an easy target. Heís always been all business, a guy youíre not sure has teeth because youíve never seen him smile. A guy who always looks like heís in line at the local DMV.

    Brad Childress is the perfect fall guy."

    Interesting article... it's always tough to tell where to place blame or where to give credit in an organism as complicated as a football team... but you have to admit, the author has a point... Childress has been involved in winning programs.
    Agreed. Not being in Minnesota, i haven't really seen too many ways to hate him (as most of you guys do). I think he's all business and knows what he's doing. Unfortunately, some of the players and baggage from the McCombs/Tice era didn't like the authority he possessed, which delayed his goals for coaching. It's hard to say much if he takes us to the superbowl
    Sean Saunders

  3. #3
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re:Chilly always win...

    CulpepperViking16 wrote:
    BleedinPandG wrote:
    http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/34939522/ns/sports-nfl/

    "Brad Childress has always been an easy target. Heís always been all business, a guy youíre not sure has teeth because youíve never seen him smile. A guy who always looks like heís in line at the local DMV.

    Brad Childress is the perfect fall guy."

    Interesting article... it's always tough to tell where to place blame or where to give credit in an organism as complicated as a football team... but you have to admit, the author has a point... Childress has been involved in winning programs.
    Agreed. Not being in Minnesota, i haven't really seen too many ways to hate him (as most of you guys do). I think he's all business and knows what he's doing. Unfortunately, some of the players and baggage from the McCombs/Tice era didn't like the authority he possessed, which delayed his goals for coaching. It's hard to say much if he takes us to the superbowl
    Yesterday, on KFAN, I heard both Pete Bercich (former Viking, former Viking LB coach, current Viking play-by-play guy) and Steve Mariucci (former NFL head coach, current talking head on NFLN) talk about what a great job Childress is doing with this team.

    I trust their opinions just a tad more than some of the wonks on PPO.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  4. #4
    Flidais is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    97

    Re:Chilly always win...

    I think after the Green/Tice eras most of the Vikings fans have trust issues with coaches.

    Or at least I do.

    I will admit Chilly is growing on me, press conference by press conference. The smirking as he was talking about Keith Brooking was pretty good.

  5. #5
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,180

    Re:Chilly always win...

    Childress getting little credit for Vikesí success
    Heís all substance. A guy focused on philosophy and watching tape and creating strategies.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=dw-disregardchildress011910&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

  6. #6
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,533

    Re:Chilly always win...

    Funny... for a guy who always wins... he's never won a championship... at any level.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  7. #7
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re:Chilly always win...

    C Mac D wrote:
    Funny... for a guy who always wins... he's never won a championship... at any level.
    Especially if you don't count the first back-to-back NFCN Champs since the late 70s when it was the NFCC. Or the fact that he accomplished that while completely changing the offensive and defensive schemes with two differen defensive coordinators and special team coaches in <5 yrs in his first gig as an NFL coach. Yeah, he sucks. Besides, you are only two games away from changing your name to Brad Childress.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  8. #8
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,533

    Re:Chilly always win...

    Prophet wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    Funny... for a guy who always wins... he's never won a championship... at any level.
    Especially if you don't count the first back-to-back NFCN Champs since the late 70s when it was the NFCC. Or the fact that he accomplished that while completely changing the offensive and defensive schemes with two differen defensive coordinators and special team coaches in <5 yrs in his first gig as an NFL coach. Yeah, he sucks. Besides, you are only two games away from changing your name to Brad Childress.
    I'd love to carry the name Brad Childress. I've already got the arrogance and faux football knowledge down pat.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  9. #9
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re:Chilly always win...

    C Mac D wrote:
    Prophet wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    Funny... for a guy who always wins... he's never won a championship... at any level.
    Especially if you don't count the first back-to-back NFCN Champs since the late 70s when it was the NFCC. Or the fact that he accomplished that while completely changing the offensive and defensive schemes with two differen defensive coordinators and special team coaches in <5 yrs in his first gig as an NFL coach. Yeah, he sucks. Besides, you are only two games away from changing your name to Brad Childress.
    I'd love to carry the name Brad Childress. I've already got the arrogance and faux football knowledge down pat.
    You definitely have the look and knowledge for the job. You can go down to nawlins this weekend and cross-dress and you will have him down to a tee.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  10. #10
    marshallvike's Avatar
    marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,473

    Re:Chilly always win...

    Prophet wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    Funny... for a guy who always wins... he's never won a championship... at any level.
    Especially if you don't count the first back-to-back NFCN Champs since the late 70s when it was the NFCC. Or the fact that he accomplished that while completely changing the offensive and defensive schemes with two differen defensive coordinators and special team coaches in <5 yrs in his first gig as an NFL coach. Yeah, he sucks. Besides, you are only two games away from changing your name to Brad Childress.

    I don't know proph, I thought we still played the cover two. And we are still running the WCO/KAO. Just that someone else is calling the plays now so it actually works. That someone usually keeps his hands warm caressing Sullivan's huevos.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Chilly Vid
    By V4L in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-16-2011, 08:07 PM
  2. Fire Chilly Sig for Everyone
    By PurpleMafia in forum Help / Suggestion Box
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 11-19-2008, 08:30 AM
  3. My take on Chilly & our QB starter
    By Hardball88 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-25-2008, 06:31 AM
  4. What's Chilly doing this offseason?
    By COJOMAY in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-21-2008, 07:53 PM
  5. New job for Chilly
    By El Vikingo in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-18-2007, 06:41 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •