Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    marshallvike is online now Team Alumni

Re: Chilly, 2nd coming of Jerry Burns??

"PacNWVike" wrote:
    You should go easy on Burnsie.
    We old timers know it was he, not Walsh who created the "West Coast Offense" with Tarkenton and Foreman.
    Walsh just improved it.
    Burnsie knew what he was doing...
    yeah, i like to make fun, but he was within a darrin nelson dropped pass on the goal line at game time of being in the super bowl. a super bowl completely dominated by the nfc redskins.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:
    Jerry Burns didn't draft a I-AA QB you had a 45 % completion rate and then insist he is "the future", despite all evidence to the contrary.

Let's face it, Chilly took a 9-7 Vikings team, and turned it into an 8-8 team.
    Childress took a .500 team (over Tice's career) that was nothing more than a joke in the NFL and turned it into a team that was fighting for the playoffs in week 17.
    We may have been 8-8 this year, but we are still showing improvement (6-3 record to end the season), and I am pretty excited about next year.
    You know, it looked at first like he was going to clean things up, but to tell you the truth he has been disappointing to me in a few ways. After cutting Koren Robinson and Marcus Robinson we still aren't looking at Mr Rodgers neighborhood. We have had sex in a stairwell, joints in a car, steroids etc. and it seems like the stuff is creeping back in and nobody has been getting cut because of it like they would have last year. This is making me wonder how serious he is about cleaning the team up and how much less of a joke it will end up being.

And for the rest of the improving, I am sure Tice would have liked to have the staff that Childress has been given and the freedom to seek players.

Had Childress not had the open checkbook to sign players and extend contracts, do you think he would still be able to win the games he has?

TheVike is offline Rookie

Uffda
    glad you got straight to the point!
    I have sublimely made it in several threads yet no one appears to have the capacity to acknowledge it???
    Or simply wants to condone the behavior and the lack of a backbone in taking care of... WAQTCH what people do NEVER listen to what they say this is the difference in TRUE leaders!!!!!!!!!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Thanks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123