Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24
  1. #11
    StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,255

    Re: Chilly, 2nd coming of Jerry Burns??

    Jerry Burns didn't draft a I-AA QB you had a 45 % completion rate and then insist he is "the future", despite all evidence to the contrary.

    Let's face it, Chilly took a 9-7 Vikings team, and turned it into an 8-8 team.

  2. #12
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Chilly, 2nd coming of Jerry Burns??

    "StillPurple" wrote:
    Jerry Burns didn't draft a I-AA QB you had a 45 % completion rate and then insist he is "the future", despite all evidence to the contrary.

    Let's face it, Chilly took a 9-7 Vikings team, and turned it into an 8-8 team.
    Childress took a .500 team (over Tice's career) that was nothing more than a joke in the NFL and turned it into a team that was fighting for the playoffs in week 17.
    We may have been 8-8 this year, but we are still showing improvement (6-3 record to end the season), and I am pretty excited about next year.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  3. #13
    TheVike is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    71

    Re: Chilly, 2nd coming of Jerry Burns??

    I agree with Marrdro in many respects...however players make plays, good players make good plays, and GREAT players make GREAT plays it is the coaches responsibility to again insprier them and motivate to reach their potential as a player so as to accomplish this...not getting it done tho, no?

  4. #14
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Chilly, 2nd coming of Jerry Burns??

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:
    Jerry Burns didn't draft a I-AA QB you had a 45 % completion rate and then insist he is "the future", despite all evidence to the contrary.

    Let's face it, Chilly took a 9-7 Vikings team, and turned it into an 8-8 team.
    Childress took a .500 team (over Tice's career) that was nothing more than a joke in the NFL and turned it into a team that was fighting for the playoffs in week 17.
    We may have been 8-8 this year, but we are still showing improvement (6-3 record to end the season), and I am pretty excited about next year.
    Preach on my brother from another mother.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #15
    marshallvike's Avatar
    marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,471

    Re: Chilly, 2nd coming of Jerry Burns??

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:
    Jerry Burns didn't draft a I-AA QB you had a 45 % completion rate and then insist he is "the future", despite all evidence to the contrary.

    Let's face it, Chilly took a 9-7 Vikings team, and turned it into an 8-8 team.
    Childress took a .500 team (over Tice's career) that was nothing more than a joke in the NFL and turned it into a team that was fighting for the playoffs in week 17.
    We may have been 8-8 this year, but we are still showing improvement (6-3 record to end the season), and I am pretty excited about next year.
    Preach on my brother from another mother.

    ;D

    no offense,.... but BULLSH!!!!T. chilld!!!ck took a 9-7 team and in 2 years improved???? to 8-8. chilld!!!ck has at least twice as many assistant coaches and a far larger budget than tice EVER HAD and still hasn't done as well as tice. i want to hope as much as anyone else that he can make us better, but so far he has sucked the big wazoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

  6. #16
    TheVike is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    71

    Re: Chilly, 2nd coming of Jerry Burns??

    PLUS!!
    Jerry was funny as hell and had a personality!
    You couldn t heklp but grow on em now Mr C come on fellas...

  7. #17
    marshallvike's Avatar
    marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,471

    Re: Chilly, 2nd coming of Jerry Burns??

    "TheVike" wrote:
    PLUS!!
    Jerry was funny as hell and had a personality!
    You couldn t heklp but grow on em now Mr C come on fellas...
    and he looked like burgess meredith,(the penguin)
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

  8. #18
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Chilly, 2nd coming of Jerry Burns??

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:
    Jerry Burns didn't draft a I-AA QB you had a 45 % completion rate and then insist he is "the future", despite all evidence to the contrary.

    Let's face it, Chilly took a 9-7 Vikings team, and turned it into an 8-8 team.
    Childress took a .500 team (over Tice's career) that was nothing more than a joke in the NFL and turned it into a team that was fighting for the playoffs in week 17.
    We may have been 8-8 this year, but we are still showing improvement (6-3 record to end the season), and I am pretty excited about next year.
    Skol, me too!

  9. #19
    TheVike is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    71

    Re: Chilly, 2nd coming of Jerry Burns??

    THAT s HIM!!!!
    ROFLMFAO

  10. #20
    PacNWVike's Avatar
    PacNWVike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Richland, WA
    Posts
    2,270

    Re: Chilly, 2nd coming of Jerry Burns??

    You should go easy on Burnsie.
    We old timers know it was he, not Walsh who created the "West Coast Offense" with Tarkenton and Foreman.
    Walsh just improved it.
    Burnsie knew what he was doing...
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Jerry Burns Interview
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-27-2009, 06:20 AM
  2. Help, Who burns DVD's?
    By NordicNed in forum Help / Suggestion Box
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-26-2009, 06:31 PM
  3. Coming this spring.....The C Mac and Chilly Show
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-09-2009, 07:12 AM
  4. Jerry Burns Gets Roasted Next Week
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-18-2007, 12:22 PM
  5. Jerry Burns
    By vikeswin2005 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 09-21-2005, 06:14 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •