Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Chilly, 2nd coming of Jerry Burns??

Jerry Burns didn't draft a I-AA QB you had a 45 % completion rate and then insist he is "the future", despite all evidence to the contrary.

Let's face it, Chilly took a 9-7 Vikings team, and turned it into an 8-8 team.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"StillPurple" wrote:
    Jerry Burns didn't draft a I-AA QB you had a 45 % completion rate and then insist he is "the future", despite all evidence to the contrary.

Childress took a .500 team (over Tice's career) that was nothing more than a joke in the NFL and turned it into a team that was fighting for the playoffs in week 17.
    We may have been 8-8 this year, but we are still showing improvement (6-3 record to end the season), and I am pretty excited about next year.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

TheVike is offline Rookie

I agree with Marrdro in many respects...however players make plays, good players make good plays, and GREAT players make GREAT plays it is the coaches responsibility to again insprier them and motivate to reach their potential as a player so as to accomplish this...not getting it done tho, no?

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:

Childress took a .500 team (over Tice's career) that was nothing more than a joke in the NFL and turned it into a team that was fighting for the playoffs in week 17.
    We may have been 8-8 this year, but we are still showing improvement (6-3 record to end the season), and I am pretty excited about next year.
    Preach on my brother from another mother.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:

Preach on my brother from another mother.

;D

no offense,.... but BULLSH!!!!T. chilld!!!ck took a 9-7 team and in 2 years improved???? to 8-8. chilld!!!ck has at least twice as many assistant coaches and a far larger budget than tice EVER HAD and still hasn't done as well as tice. i want to hope as much as anyone else that he can make us better, but so far he has sucked the big wazoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

PLUS!!
    Jerry was funny as hell and had a personality!
    You couldn t heklp but grow on em now Mr C come on fellas...

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

"TheVike" wrote:
    PLUS!!
    Jerry was funny as hell and had a personality!
    You couldn t heklp but grow on em now Mr C come on fellas...
    and he looked like burgess meredith,(the penguin)
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:

Skol, me too!

THAT s HIM!!!!
    ROFLMFAO

PacNWVike is offline Team Alumni

You should go easy on Burnsie.
    We old timers know it was he, not Walsh who created the "West Coast Offense" with Tarkenton and Foreman.
    Walsh just improved it.
    Burnsie knew what he was doing...
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast