Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Chill Out!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Chill Out!

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "CCthebest" wrote:
    Its not only the fact that he still wishes he was made head coach at Philly and brings so many ex Eagles here, its the fact that the people he brought over are all lukewarm rejects. If he was bringing over good players no one would really care.
    Do you have ANY evidence of this?
    Any quote?
    Any single shread of real knowledge of this to be true?

Desperately awaiting your reply,
    =Z=
    Still waiting.......................

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "CCthebest" wrote:
    Its not only the fact that he still wishes he was made head coach at Philly and brings so many ex Eagles here, its the fact that the people he brought over are all lukewarm rejects. If he was bringing over good players no one would really care.
    Do you have ANY evidence of this?
    Any quote?
    Any single shread of real knowledge of this to be true?

Desperately awaiting your reply,
    =Z=
    Still waiting.......................

=Z=

I posted this a few days ago Z and got no response from him and I think that he is a Packer fan to scared and afraid to say who he really is and he just puts this stuff out because he wishes the Packers would have gotten Childress instead of the lame a$$ McCarthy they got.

He waits a few days and posts the same drivel and when somebody calls him on it he waits a few days and posts it again.

Zeus I don't think you will ever get an answer from him.

What has Childress done for the Vikes since hes been head coach?

IMO, hes messed up on draft (reguardless of how TJ plays for us in the future). Could have managed it better

He didnt bother with Pep, even if pep wanted too much and wanted to go (once he saw who our head coach was)

He thinks he can only sign ex sucky eagles. We dont even know if Hicks is any good. Wish he had a love affair with ex Pats instead.

He wants luke warm, no trouble players, and yet, since he came here, the Vikes are on the news almost every nite.

I have no choice but to give him a chance like everyone else. But when he fills a roster spot with Stinkerston, I am going to beeyatch.

Here is a response I did on another thread to one of the many "CC the worst" whinny posts, he is like a broken record and never backs up his posts and his warped views but waits a few days and posts the same crap which really makes me think he is a Packer fan and to chicken sh*t to admit it.

Whacker, couple of reasons I cant stand Childress.

A) He couched for the Eagles, and just cant get over his love affair with them

B)He didnt even bother talking to Pep. Only Childress has a bigger ego, for no reason at all, then Pep

c)His eye for talen brough us McM for QB.

I vcould go on and on about things like the draft but im at work and time is pressing

He did try to talk to Daunte and to meet with Daunte but all Daunte wanted was to meet with Wilf and Briezinski about getting more money!

Oh no, Childress coached for another team!
    get out the firing squad!

If you have slept the last 18 hours the Vikes traded for another QB, so he tried out a QB from Philly and is letting him go.

The draft:

He was not the lone voice in the warroom, maybe you heard of the triangle of authority. Childress didn't just pick all the players he wanted he had to deal with Foley and Studwell, and they didn't agree with each other at all and they almost got in a fist fight in the warroom over not taking Clemens.

Lets look at the selections.

The Vikes choose the best LB available in the 1st round, and there was no way to foresee that Greenway would get hurt in the 1st preseason game.

Next the Vikes took Griffin who a lot of experts considered the best pure corner in the draft.

I agree the selection of Cook was bizarre, but speculation was that Foley did this selection because he and Studwell were fighting about who to draft and he did it to show Studwell that he was in charge.

T-Jack looked great in the preseason and it looks like the Vikings choose wisely and that trading up for him was a great move.

Ray Edwards looks like a steal in the draft for the 4th round.

Blue is a monster hitter and has laid the smack down in every preseason game.

That is the worst draft ever!
    Bring out the firing squad, again!

I would rather they not have selected Cook in the 2nd round and that they would have used that pick on Hodge from Iowa, but if Clemens wouldn't have been snipped in front of us by the Jets he would have been the selection and that is what set off the fight between Studwell and Foley.

I enjoy telling you that Childress is going no where, and he will be here for a lot of years!
    So either learn to deal with it, or the other option is to become a fan of another team (I heard Green Bay needs fans).
    But could you please quit your whining about Childress and whining that the Vikings are going to be the worst team ever because if you feel that way then cheer for another team.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Del Rio Guest

Luckily for all you Childress lovers and all you Childress haters is he gets to put his money where his mouth is this season.

I don't like the moves especially Pinkston. I will wait to see what he does before I cry about it though.

vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer

Is Greg Blue still on the team, I've been moving into college and have been away from vikings news, he better still be with us..

vikingbill50 is offline Starter

well hopefully we wont have to cry about anyhting on the moves he made, the only one i kinda question is the mcmullen deal, from trading to him to keeping him and releasin carter, thankfully we got carter back on the prac. squad, but time will tell on that, but so far he has done a really good job at buiding this team and the coaches that he hired, i think we are gonna have a better year than last year and atleast win our division
    I BLEED THE COLOR PURPLE

vikingbill50 is offline Starter

yes greg blue is with us
    I BLEED THE COLOR PURPLE

Wiggles67 is offline Coordinator

"Ltrey33" wrote:
    There were plenty of us that criticized picking Jackson in the 2nd round on draft day (including myself), but now 99% of us are in love with the guy. It's obvious that Childress knows what he's doing thus far, so give the guy a few games or a season before you pass judgement.
    I dont think its fair for anyone to say Childress is doing a good or bad job.
    They havent played a game yet.
    Some of Chldress's moves have surprised me and I definately dont agree with some of them but no one can honestly say they were good or bad moves at this point.
    I dont like the idea of bringing in so many ex-Eagles but I also dont know a lot about them.

But for anyone to say that we cant doubt Childress's moves solely on Jackson is rediculous, just because he might start the season as a #2 QB doesnt make him a great pick.

I really like what Childess is trying to do with the franchise, cleaning up the programs, code of ethics, and the signing of all the coaches.
    I think he is moving in the right direction. But at this point no one can say he has done a good or bad job with the guys he has brought it.

Talk to me after the season

"I choose my company by the beating of their hearts, not the swelling of their heads"

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

There really aren't that many posters that absolutely hate Childress. Most here support him but question some of the individual moves he makes. I loved the draft, signing Chester Taylor, and Picking up Ben Leber. I hated Signing Mike McMahon, picking up Dwight Smith, trading for McMullen, and not keeping Carter on the active roster in favor of Pinkston. Obviously you cannot get people here to agree on any of those moves.

In same cases I was right, in others I was flat out wrong, but just because I criticize some of his decisions doesn't mean I don't support him. It would be a waste of my fanhood and intelligence to blindly support or hate a coach who's record is 0-0. He has made some smart moves and some dumb moves IMO and I think anyone who totally agrees with everything Childress has done needs to wake up.

I know that the purpose behind all of Brad's moves, whether I liked them or not, is to ensure that the Vikings will be a good football team. Since his intentions are pure, I can support him in the end.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Formo is offline Team Alumni

Well said V.

Because his intentions are pure should be the one absolute driving force for all Vikings fans to support him.

I didn't like the draft all that much..
    Not so much the players we've gotten but the order we got them in.
    I also didn't like that he cut Carter.
    Or that he signed McMahan and traded for McMullen.
    I know there are a few other moves I didn't like.

For all the moves I didn't like, I liked just as much.

Reguardless of what moves I liked, I hope each and every one of them bode well for the Vikings.
    And that should hold the same for every other TRUE Viking fan.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456