Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chill Out!

vike_mike is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Chill Out!

He is doing a decent job.
    I am just wondering about a few areas.
    It is our right to either criticize him or give him due respect.
    That is what this forum is for.
    If everyone had the same opinion, this blog would be soooo boring.
    Let the people talk and have their opinion, and you have yours.
    It is our right, or is it?

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

"CCthebest" wrote:
    Its not only the fact that he still wishes he was made head coach at Philly and brings so many ex Eagles here, its the fact that the people he brought over are all lukewarm rejects. If he was bringing over good players no one would really care.
    This critisism is so irrelevent to me.

I don't understand why everyone is baggin on Childress so much for this.

He's not bringing in these guys as starters. It would be so different if he was starting McMullen this preseason, or saying "Johnson and McMahon are in competition..".

I guess I don't just bag on coaches until I see the results.

"There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

"vike_mike" wrote:
    He is doing a decent job.
    I am just wondering about a few areas.
    It is our right to either criticize him or give him due respect.
    That is what this forum is for.
    If everyone had the same opinion, this blog would be soooo boring.
    Let the people talk and have their opinion, and you have yours.
    It is our right, or is it?
    I think the frustration of this thread comes from the fact that people seem to bitch ALOT.

It's definatly ok to wonder and critique.

But don't hop from one bandwagon to another! If you ripped the Vikings for taking Tavaris, and then the next month you are on the T-Jack loving bandwagon, thats a little hypocritical to me.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

darkflood is offline Starter

Are you saying you were %100 happy with that pick, and have been saying all along? Granted, we ALL know far less than the Vikings organization (supposedly), but everytime we turn around, another Iggle throw away. It's not about being hypocritical, it's about having the Eagles throw aways becoming the Minnesota Vikings. Only time will tell how any of this works, but until then I guess we're not allowed to voice displeasure over certain things ???
    WELL, I LL ASK HIM, BUT I DON T THINK HE WILL BE VERY KEEN. UH, HE S ALREADY GOT ONE, YOU SEE.

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

"Ltrey33" wrote:
    I'm not sure if I'm the only one or not, but I'm getting tired of everyone flipping out over Childress's moves! So he signs guys from the Eagles. Big deal! We don't even know how these guys will fit in/work out. So far the only person he signed that was a failure was McMahon. The jury is still out on everyone else, so I say give the guy a chance!

There were plenty of us that criticized picking Jackson in the 2nd round on draft day (including myself), but now 99% of us are in love with the guy. It's obvious that Childress knows what he's doing thus far, so give the guy a few games or a season before you pass judgement.

I trust him as a coach, and although I have some doubts about Pinkston's health, I definately KNOW that Childress knows more about the Vikings than I do.

He's got my support! Anyone else with me?
    I'm getting tired of people who are getting tired of "everyone" flipping out.

This is a talk forum.
    If you don't like some of the threads, or some of the comments just avoid those threads . . . that's what I do.

While I understand and appreciate your position Ltrey . . . your opening line isn't necessary to group "everyone".
    Most, if not all of us, understand it is preseason and we are basing opinions based upon the information we have at the current time.
    If we all agreed on every topic, this website would be very boring.

I for one am confused why Childress is signing all these waste products from Philadelphia.
    I hope he makes me eat crow.

Atleast Tice went after some of Buffalo's A-List players.

Childress is hanging out at the dumpster!

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"darkflood" wrote:
    Are you saying you were %100 happy with that pick, and have been saying all along? Granted, we ALL know far less than the Vikings organization (supposedly), but everytime we turn around, another Iggle throw away. It's not about being hypocritical, it's about having the Eagles throw aways becoming the Minnesota Vikings. Only time will tell how any of this works, but until then I guess we're not allowed to voice displeasure over certain things ???
    I'm not sure which pick you're talking about. If you're talking about the Jackson pick then no, I wasn't, which is what I said in my original post. That is where I'm getting my perspective from though. I was displeased with picking Jackson at the beginning, and I doubted Childress, but from what we've seen the guy knows what he's doing. Therefore, I think it's stupid to complain about the movies Childress has made when we haven't even seen a regular season game yet.

As far as the Eagles' "throw aways" becoming the Vikings goes, he's signed three guys from the Eagles! I think that's what a lot of my problem with all of this is. He's signed three guys (one of which is now cut) and everyone is acting like he's throwing away the franchise. NO! Artis Hicks has been pretty good on the offensive line and we haven't even seen Pinkston line up yet. So how can they be bad moves? How can you pass judgement yet? I just don't see how it's possible.

And yes, of course you're aloud to voice your displeasure, but I was getting how I felt out there too. I was just wondering if there was anyone else out there that was tired of the negativity the same as I was.

"sleepagent" wrote:
    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    I'm not sure if I'm the only one or not, but I'm getting tired of everyone flipping out over Childress's moves! So he signs guys from the Eagles. Big deal! We don't even know how these guys will fit in/work out. So far the only person he signed that was a failure was McMahon. The jury is still out on everyone else, so I say give the guy a chance!

There were plenty of us that criticized picking Jackson in the 2nd round on draft day (including myself), but now 99% of us are in love with the guy. It's obvious that Childress knows what he's doing thus far, so give the guy a few games or a season before you pass judgement.

I trust him as a coach, and although I have some doubts about Pinkston's health, I definately KNOW that Childress knows more about the Vikings than I do.

This is a talk forum.
    If you don't like some of the threads, or some of the comments just avoid those threads . . . that's what I do.

While I understand and appreciate your position Ltrey . . . your opening line isn't necessary to group "everyone".
    Most, if not all of us, understand it is preseason and we are basing opinions based upon the information we have at the current time.

I for one am confused why Childress is signing all these waste products from Philadelphia.

This was just my way of getting out my frustration that people seemed to be complaining a lot about Childress. You have to admit, there has been a lot of negativity about the moves that have been made (especially the Pinkston deal).

All I am saying is that we should give the guy a chance before we rip him. We haven't even seen the results yet.

Prophet Guest

I guess I don't see that many people flipping out.
    There are a few members that are 'glass half-emptiers' that are whining about everything in every post and rarely, if ever, back up any of their opinions with any substance.
    Why let them bother you?
    It appears to me that a relatively high proportion of the fan base is in support of Childress and his staff and they are just getting antsy and are ready for the season to start.

"Prophet" wrote:
    I guess I don't see that many people flipping out.
    There are a few members that are 'glass half-emptiers' that are whining about everything in every post and rarely, if ever, back up any of their opinions with any substance.
    Why let them bother you?
    It appears to me that a relatively high proportion of the fan base is in support of Childress and his staff and they are just getting antsy and are ready for the season to start.
    Maybe I'm just too thin-skinned!

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

"Ltrey33" wrote:
    "darkflood" wrote:
    I'm not sure which pick you're talking about. If you're talking about the Jackson pick then no, I wasn't, which is what I said in my original post. That is where I'm getting my perspective from though. I was displeased with picking Jackson at the beginning, and I doubted Childress, but from what we've seen the guy knows what he's doing. Therefore, I think it's stupid to complain about the movies Childress has made when we haven't even seen a regular season game yet.

As far as the Eagles' "throw aways" becoming the Vikings goes, he's signed three guys from the Eagles! I think that's what a lot of my problem with all of this is. He's signed three guys (one of which is now cut) and everyone is acting like he's throwing away the franchise. NO! Artis Hicks has been pretty good on the offensive line and we haven't even seen Pinkston line up yet. So how can they be bad moves? How can you pass judgement yet? I just don't see how it's possible.

And yes, of course you're aloud to voice your displeasure, but I was getting how I felt out there too. I was just wondering if there was anyone else out there that was tired of the negativity the same as I was.

"sleepagent" wrote:
    "Ltrey33" wrote:

This is a talk forum.

This was just my way of getting out my frustration that people seemed to be complaining a lot about Childress. You have to admit, there has been a lot of negativity about the moves that have been made (especially the Pinkston deal).

All I am saying is that we should give the guy a chance before we rip him. We haven't even seen the results yet.
    My point isn't your perspective as it is the "frustaration of grouping everyone" I guess.

I like the overall job Childress is doing.
    I'm just not sure why he's spending his time with Philadelphia . . . actually I do - there's safety in his comfort zone with these players, but he's hanging around for the leftovers.

Having said that, Green went after a retired Philadelphia leftover and look what happened in 1998 when Moss came to town.

If that happens this year . . . I'll swallow the crow whole!
    I just don't think its gonna come from Philadelphia.

Now I'm interested to see what they do with all these cuts around the NFL.

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

"sleepagent" wrote:
    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    "darkflood" wrote:

"sleepagent" wrote:
    "Ltrey33" wrote:

This is a talk forum.

My point isn't your perspective as it is the "frustaration of grouping everyone" I guess.

I like the overall job Childress is doing.
    I'm just not sure why he's spending his time with Philadelphia . . . actually I do - there's safety in his comfort zone with these players, but he's hanging around for the leftovers.

Having said that, Green went after a retired Philadelphia leftover and look what happened in 1998 when Moss came to town.

If that happens this year . . . I'll swallow the crow whole!
    I just don't think its gonna come from Philadelphia.

Now I'm interested to see what they do with all these cuts around the NFL.
    Well sorry about grouping "everyone", but that's why I said "Who is with me?" at the end of the post. It was to give the people that weren't being negative nellies a chance to say so.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast