Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 59

Thread: Chill Out!

  1. #1
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,618

    Chill Out!

    I'm not sure if I'm the only one or not, but I'm getting tired of everyone flipping out over Childress's moves! So he signs guys from the Eagles. Big deal! We don't even know how these guys will fit in/work out. So far the only person he signed that was a failure was McMahon. The jury is still out on everyone else, so I say give the guy a chance!

    There were plenty of us that criticized picking Jackson in the 2nd round on draft day (including myself), but now 99% of us are in love with the guy. It's obvious that Childress knows what he's doing thus far, so give the guy a few games or a season before you pass judgement.

    I trust him as a coach, and although I have some doubts about Pinkston's health, I definately KNOW that Childress knows more about the Vikings than I do.

    He's got my support! Anyone else with me?

  2. #2
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    9,513

    Re: Chill Out!



    I've backed Childress since the day we hired him as our coach.....



    Look what kind of programs he's worked with over the past 10 years......We only wish that our past 5 years where like the Eagles......



    I have alot of faith in Brad,
    both Brad's as a matter of fact....





    I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

  3. #3
    Vikes_King's Avatar
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,104

    Re: Chill Out!

    im with ya, i've always liked most of childress' decisions, but more importantly i like how he runs things.

    im behind him 99%! (that 1% is because i have a personal dislike for McMullen and want him cut =D)


    http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

    "We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

    - Dan Calabrese

  4. #4
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Chill Out!

    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    I'm not sure if I'm the only one or not, but I'm getting tired of everyone flipping out over Childress's moves! So he signs guys from the Eagles. Big deal! We don't even know how these guys will fit in/work out. So far the only person he signed that was a failure was McMahon. The jury is still out on everyone else, so I say give the guy a chance!

    There were plenty of us that criticized picking Jackson in the 2nd round on draft day (including myself), but now 99% of us are in love with the guy. It's obvious that Childress knows what he's doing thus far, so give the guy a few games or a season before you pass judgement.

    I trust him as a coach, and although I have some doubts about Pinkston's health, I definately KNOW that Childress knows more about the Vikings than I do.

    He's got my support! Anyone else with me?
    I'm with you here LTrey.
    I'm not happy about the McMahons and the Pinky boys but the only thing I can go by is what he did in Philly.
    Sure he's bringing over old Eagles.
    Those old Eagles went to 4 straight NFC Championship games.
    Artis Hicks seemed to have been a good choice.
    I think someone stated before Pinky will get us 600 yaqrds or so.
    That's all this offense really needs.
    The ball will be spread around enough to where a #1 WR will not be as important.
    Sure I'd rather have people like Branch but I don't make the decisions and I have to support the decisions Brad makes for now.
    If they blow up in his face than we deal with that when the time comes.
    Until then Childress is a successful coach in this league until he proves otherwise.

  5. #5
    CCthebest's Avatar
    CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,270

    Re: Chill Out!

    Its not only the fact that he still wishes he was made head coach at Philly and brings so many ex Eagles here, its the fact that the people he brought over are all lukewarm rejects. If he was bringing over good players no one would really care.

  6. #6
    jargomcfargo's Avatar
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,776

    Re: Chill Out!

    Me too. And I can see the McMann thing. The guy has all the physical tools and looks great in practice. But when the bright lights come on he can't relax and compose himself.He hops around in the pocket like a kangaroo on fire.Childress gave him another chance.It didn't work out.
    I think Childress is doing a fine job.
    There seems to be a little more Bud Grant in Childress than any other coach we've had since.
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

  7. #7
    UndisputedVike's Avatar
    UndisputedVike is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    748

    Re: Chill Out!

    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    I'm not sure if I'm the only one or not, but I'm getting tired of everyone flipping out over Childress's moves! So he signs guys from the Eagles. Big deal! We don't even know how these guys will fit in/work out. So far the only person he signed that was a failure was McMahon. The jury is still out on everyone else, so I say give the guy a chance!

    There were plenty of us that criticized picking Jackson in the 2nd round on draft day (including myself), but now 99% of us are in love with the guy. It's obvious that Childress knows what he's doing thus far, so give the guy a few games or a season before you pass judgement.

    I trust him as a coach, and although I have some doubts about Pinkston's health, I definately KNOW that Childress knows more about the Vikings than I do.

    He's got my support! Anyone else with me?
    I'm with you, I been preaching this for a while now. He knows what he's doing, example, Tarvaris Jackson.

  8. #8
    digital420's Avatar
    digital420 is online now Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Ancient Korinthia
    Posts
    2,566

    Re: Chill Out!

    i think one of the reasons B.chill is getting a lot of extra flack is cause he's new..

    we don't know his style, what he's looking for, and we are learning as time moves on.

    so alot of people creitize him.. good!! i hope he reads it and just affirms his belief in his plan. so far we've turned 180's on his drafting, and coming next monday we'll know what kinda game face he's really gonna show us. i really am excited to see a new face to the vikes. i miss the old one of flashy wr's and cannon arm'd qb's. but i like our D now.. and i believe in B.chill's ablility to utilize B.j's skills (now that sounds !#%% up)

    DiGiTaL




    "We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

  9. #9
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Re: Chill Out!

    "CCthebest" wrote:
    Its not only the fact that he still wishes he was made head coach at Philly and brings so many ex Eagles here, its the fact that the people he brought over are all lukewarm rejects. If he was bringing over good players no one would really care.

    Ltrey I am with you!

    But apparently CC didn't understand this was a pro Childress thread, and he continues his ridiculous hate for Childress because he coached for the Eagles and CC hates the Eagles. :


    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

  10. #10
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Chill Out!

    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "CCthebest" wrote:
    Its not only the fact that he still wishes he was made head coach at Philly and brings so many ex Eagles here, its the fact that the people he brought over are all lukewarm rejects. If he was bringing over good players no one would really care.

    Ltrey I am with you!

    But apparently CC didn't understand this was a pro Childress thread, and he continues his ridiculous hate for Childress because he coached for the Eagles and CC hates the Eagles. :


    I'm wondering what Eagle "rejects" he's talking about.
    Let's see:

    Artis Hicks:
    No reject there
    Michael McMahon:
    Didn't work out but yes he does have the physical tools.
    He gave him a chance.
    So what?
    It's preseason.
    Billy McMullen:
    Honestly hasn't looked bad.
    We traded a prospect for a prospect.
    Big deal!
    Pinkston:
    No, I wasn't happy about us getting him.
    The fact is he knows the system and with the year being 8 days a way there's no time to train at this point.


    The fact is he's dealt with problems.
    He took over a team with multiple problems.
    His #1 WR fell into his disease and is gone.
    the supposed franchise QB didn't want to be here anymore and that was no fault of Childress.
    It was a QB that was trying to care care of himself and do what's best for him.
    Pep wanted out.
    He is out.

    Give the guy a chance before you critique him.
    Maybe things don't work out.
    It's nothing worse than we've been through the last 4 seasons anyway.
    Maybe, just maybe he does work out.
    All I'm saying is give him a chance.


Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Childress Haters Chill Out
    By VikingsTw in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: 12-29-2008, 06:30 AM
  2. The Ill B-Chill
    By VikesFan787 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-25-2007, 07:46 AM
  3. The Big Chill LIVE on PA & Dubay - Thursday (3/22)
    By Zeus in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-21-2007, 09:38 AM
  4. Rumor mill chill pill
    By RK. in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-25-2006, 10:10 PM
  5. Joe Buck needs to chill.
    By chuck44 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-10-2005, 11:47 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •