Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
  1. #1
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,618

    Childress's KAO....Vindicated?

    John Clayton brought up an interesting stat on Sportscenter...

    The Vikings set a record this year for the most 50+ yard plays with 19. That includes 9 passes of 50 or more yards, which is three more than the 1998 team of Moss, Carter, etc.

    Maybe it truly is the KAO.

  2. #2
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: Childress's KAO....Vindicated?

    I heard that as well.
    Very interesting stuff huh.
    Wonder what it will be like next year with a more potent running game, more potent recieving corp and a defense that gets them the ball even more than the one we have now?

    All of that is based on getting a WR, DE, CB and either a QB in FA or TJ continues to excell.

    Should be a very interesting year next year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #3
    sdfrenchy is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    54

    Re: Childress's KAO....Vindicated?

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I heard that as well.
    Very interesting stuff huh.
    Wonder what it will be like next year with a more potent running game, more potent recieving corp and a defense that gets them the ball even more than the one we have now?

    All of that is based on getting a WR, DE, CB and either a QB in FA or TJ continues to excell.

    Should be a very interesting year next year.
    But all the young guys we do have at those positions will have one more year playing together. I wouldn't mind a pass rushing DE, and a back-up QB but I think we're doing ok at the other positions.

  4. #4
    Schutz's Avatar
    Schutz is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: Childress's KAO....Vindicated?

    "Ltrey" wrote:
    John Clayton brought up an interesting stat on Sportscenter...

    The Vikings set a record this year for the most 50+ yard plays with 19. That includes 9 passes of 50 or more yards, which is three more than the 1998 team of Moss, Carter, etc.

    Maybe it truly is the KAO.
    I would disagree based on words.
    I would classify that as Explosive in the offensive nature, not KAO.
    I see KAO as a overall more powerful offense and not just the long ball.

  5. #5
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: Childress's KAO....Vindicated?

    "sdfrenchy" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I heard that as well.
    Very interesting stuff huh.
    Wonder what it will be like next year with a more potent running game, more potent recieving corp and a defense that gets them the ball even more than the one we have now?

    All of that is based on getting a WR, DE, CB and either a QB in FA or TJ continues to excell.

    Should be a very interesting year next year.
    But all the young guys we do have at those positions will have one more year playing together. I wouldn't mind a pass rushing DE, and a back-up QB but I think we're doing ok at the other positions.
    You are correct, every one of them is getting better, but I assume that with a good draft (BPA for depth/future) the staff will want to add a DE and WR at least.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #6
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Childress's KAO....Vindicated?

    Well that depends but I say no.

    The offense that he described as the KAO ( Short to intermediate throws with YAC, TE involvement, Passes to the back out of the backfield... the things we did last year) is not what is producing these plays. The big hitting plays have come from the transformation of the offense away from that KAO dink and dunk mentality to the power running formations that have utilized the talent we have assembled.

  7. #7
    MaxVike's Avatar
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,552

    Re: Childress's KAO....Vindicated?

    "Ltrey" wrote:
    John Clayton brought up an interesting stat on Sportscenter...

    The Vikings set a record this year for the most 50+ yard plays with 19. That includes 9 passes of 50 or more yards, which is three more than the 1998 team of Moss, Carter, etc.

    Maybe it truly is the KAO.
    Saw the same feature.
    At some point, we are going to have to give Childress credit.
    At the end of the day, he needs to develop a plan, a strategy, a way to exploit the opponents's weaknesses and his Team's strengths.
    I think this was an excellent job of reporting by Clayton...a nerd among nerds, but you gotta like him.
    Chilly has done a good job this year IMO, with the obvious benefit of having an AD.
    Also, don't forget, the guys have got to execute the plan.
    7 Pro-Bowlers, 7...4 on offense, doesn't hurt things either.

    Fellas, these statistics with a second-year QB, rookie WR, rookie RB, vet line, vet FB, a couple of vet WRs, a TE getting his first real shot...all items confirming that this team is on the rise.
    Is he vindicated?
    Very close IMO, very close.
    With a couple of tweeks, this offense is ready to EXPLODE.

    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

  8. #8
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: Childress's KAO....Vindicated?

    "MaxVike" wrote:
    "Ltrey" wrote:
    John Clayton brought up an interesting stat on Sportscenter...

    The Vikings set a record this year for the most 50+ yard plays with 19. That includes 9 passes of 50 or more yards, which is three more than the 1998 team of Moss, Carter, etc.

    Maybe it truly is the KAO.
    Saw the same feature.
    At some point, we are going to have to give Childress credit.
    At the end of the day, he needs to develop a plan, a strategy, a way to exploit the opponents's weaknesses and his Team's strengths.
    I think this was an excellent job of reporting by Clayton...a nerd among nerds, but you gotta like him.
    Chilly has done a good job this year IMO, with the obvious benefit of having an AD.
    Also, don't forget, the guys have got to execute the plan.
    7 Pro-Bowlers, 7...4 on offense, doesn't hurt things either.

    Fellas, these statistics with a second-year QB, rookie WR, rookie RB, vet line, vet FB, a couple of vet WRs, a TE getting his first real shot...all items confirming that this team is on the rise.
    Is he vindicated?
    Very close IMO, very close.
    With a couple of tweeks, this offense is ready to EXPLODE.
    Very nice.
    Lets not forget about the KAD (Kick Ass Defense).
    It will be ready to explode as well next year with at least a beast at RDE.

    Again, nothing against what we have, however can you imagine this D with a double digit sack man?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  9. #9
    Vikes_King's Avatar
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,104

    Re: Childress's KAO....Vindicated?

    just so you guys know, its not our OFFENSE that got all of those 50 yard plays.
    It counts our kickoff returns (which i believe we've had 5 or so 50+ yards), our interception returns (2? 50+ yards, idk), and then yea the rest are our passes & runs.

    we've had like 2, maybe 3 60 passes to Rice, 1 to williamson, then the play by Fergy on Monday night.
    The rest are taylor & peterson


    http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

    "We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

    - Dan Calabrese

  10. #10
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: Childress's KAO....Vindicated?

    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    just so you guys know, its not our OFFENSE that got all of those 50 yard plays.
    It counts our kickoff returns (which i believe we've had 5 or so 50+ yards), our interception returns (2? 50+ yards, idk), and then yea the rest are our passes & runs.

    we've had like 2, maybe 3 60 passes to Rice, 1 to williamson, then the play by Fergy on Monday night.
    The rest are taylor & peterson
    On offense we have a long of 78 yds, 22 plays of plus 20 yds and
    8 plays over 40 yards.
    The 8 at plus 40 ranks us number 7 with the Colts and Lions.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-19-2009, 02:04 PM
  2. (MERGED) So who is Childress's scapegoat this week?
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-12-2008, 03:33 PM
  3. What do u think of Childress's system?
    By audioghost in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-31-2006, 01:23 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •