singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Childress weekly press conference 11/13/06

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Childress weekly press conference 11/13/06

Q: Would you be comfortable with having Darrell Bevell call some of the plays?
    A: And he does from time to time. Matter of fact he had a few yesterday. I would tell him to put a series together from time to time, so that goes on and off. Sometimes he is looking at things that I don't see. Sometimes that is a whole different flavor or a whole different train of thought that he is going down. Sometimes that is a decent changeup.
    plus a few KFFL Tidbits from Nov. 13:

Vikings | Smoot returns to team
    Mon, 13 Nov 2006 14:57:07 -0800

Minnesota Vikings CB Fred Smoot (personal) returned to the team Monday, Nov. 13, after spending the previous week in Mississippi following the death of his half-brother in an automobile accident.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Robinson to attempt to practice this week
    Mon, 13 Nov 2006 13:15:47 -0800

Judd Zulgad, of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings WR Marcus Robinson (back) will attempt to return to practice this week in preparation for Week 11.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Harris to attempt to practice this week
    Mon, 13 Nov 2006 13:10:44 -0800

Judd Zulgad, of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings LB Napoleon Harris (wrist) will attempt to return to practice this week in preparation for Week 11 despite having a fractured wrist.

Vikings | Richardson fractures forearm in Week 10
    Mon, 13 Nov 2006 13:02:39 -0800

Judd Zulgad, of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings FB Tony Richardson (forearm, thumb) fractured his right forearm in Week 10 to go along with his fractured thumb. "We thought it was a contusion, but he had an X-ray after the game," head coach Brad Childress said. "We'll just have to see what his comfort level is like. No need to operate on it right now, he's in a splint. We'll just have to see how that goes this week."

Vikings | Glenn out for season
    Mon, 13 Nov 2006 12:41:16 -0800

Judd Zulgad, of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings LB Jason Glenn (knee) is out for the season after tearing the ACL in his left knee.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

"...nothing new schematically..." Maybe since your schemes lost 3 games, mr childress, you might want to make some changes in schemes.

Del Rio Guest

"DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    "...nothing new schematically..." Maybe since your schemes lost 3 games, mr childress, you might want to make some changes in schemes.
    Either that or maybe the players can play like they did prior to the bye week. Which may be a bit more doable then changing the entire scheme half way through the season.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Q: Was there a reason that Troy Williamson wasn't more involved in the offense or was it something they did?
    A: Al Harris kind of matched up with him all day long, back and forth, and Al is pretty good at what he is doing. I wouldn't particularly put it on that. At different times it may have been that we were running a zone route and Al is standing there in a man-to-man and he's not part of the equation, but it was not a thing that I was looking to eliminate Troy Williamson. He just didn't get some of the looks that maybe Bethel (Johnson) did. We had Bethel matched up on there nickel guy, (Patrick) Dendy, a couple of times. We thought it would be in another spot and if he turned up over there that was the best match on the field.
    You brought up eliminate!
    Bethel just got some better looks. TW can't get away from their top defender to get an open look?

Q: What do you think your margin of error is to make the playoffs? Do you need to run the table or go 6-1?
    A: You are a hypothetical guy. I say that every week. You are consistent though. I don't know that. I don't know that. All I know is we can control what we have in front of us this week in the Miami Dolphins, and we can't worry about around us. You know, if you watched the finish of any of those games yesterday, how crazy things are. All you can take care of is your business.
    Chilly won't take the bait, rarely does. He doesn't like this reporter or at the very least, doesn't appreciate him and his questions.
    It is a funny response.

Q: Are you comfortable enough with your backup quarterbacks if you needed to make a change?
    A: I'm comfortable with them or they wouldn't be here.
    Ask O'suckalot and McMahon!
    Comfortable as backups or starters?

Q: Can you identify anything contributing to the offensive line's problems?
    A: There's two things; there is physically if you are getting beat, it's one thing, and communication-wise if you are getting beat, that's another thing. At different times it has been different things. Obviously you want to overcommunicate clarity, and it's happening at a lightning speed up there. I don't think it's rocket science particularly, but it is communication and guys playing off of each other at times. And at times physically different people have been overwhelmed.
    Not much of an answer, not selling out any "one" player.
    I think the players can appreciate this.

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

I really hate watching CHildress's press conferences. He has such a chip on his shoulders. His only answer to anything is 'its not just one guy'. Well doh

Why cant he just say our offense suck, we are working with the OLine, practicing more with the WRs, etc. Stuff like that. Admit its NOT working and that they are trying to fix it. Take some of the blame for one of the worst 3rd down conversions, and red zone offense. We are working on it is much better then its just one guy. Tired of that excuse.

Del Rio Guest

"CCthebest" wrote:
    I really hate watching CHildress's press conferences. He has such a chip on his shoulders. His only answer to anything is 'its not just one guy'. Well doh

Why cant he just say our offense suck, we are working with the OLine, practicing more with the WRs, etc. Stuff like that. Admit its NOT working and that they are trying to fix it. Take some of the blame for one of the worst 3rd down conversions, and red zone offense. We are working on it is much better then its just one guy. Tired of that excuse.
    I'm not going to make any excuses for us not being able to get the job done. We need to be better on offense

Looks like he already did that.

Gift is offline Coordinator

blah blah blah childres.
    There is a guy I work with just like him,
    No matter how bad our company softball team was he has a good feeling about the next game, we lost all our games.
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

i don't understand what every1 thinks they're gonna get from a coach?

1. he can't say.. Ohh jeez.. we suck so bad we should be playing highschool ball..
    this would dis every player, coach he has!!

2. u expect a coach to come out and explain 2 you what he's doing in practices?
    why.. so that tomorrow every scout is reading it and helping their team exploit known issues?

3. "No matter how bad our company softball team was he has a good feeling about the next game, we lost all our games."

well.. comeone.. he's got to keep fans optimistic.. would you go to a game when the coach says.. we'll we will loose.. we're not good enouf to beat.. bla bla.. so why even try..

there are a few things i'm not sold on in the B.chill regiehm yet. but i gotta give the guy credit for what he's done so far. It's his first year. let him understand the position.. and he'll make the corrections to make us better.
    year after year, game after game. I know every1 is gonn have their opionin, and more power to u if u have your own!! but if yer gonna dis on the guy.. and you can only find his press conferences to do so..
    we arn't in such a bad spot..

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall