Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 192
  1. #11
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re:Childress wanted Favre to come out

    I don't think we need to make this into something that it isn't.

    Anyone who has even played team sports knows that players and coaches (or players and other players) get into heated discussions sometimes. Sometimes that is the way you talk things out when emotions are running high or you are deeply involved in an effort.

    In all of the past games, Childress has taken Favre out if we have a substantial lead. From Zulgad's story, he considered taking him out a bit earlier in the Detroit game as well, but Favre made his case and stayed in a little longer. Last night, my honest guess is Childress wanted to put TJack in because the OL was completely breaking down and TJack is more mobile. And Favre once again pleaded his case.

    For anyone to say that Childress told Favre to hit the bench and Favre flat out refused... I want some of what you are smoking. Remember who we are talking about here. Childress is the one who orchestrated the sitting out and suspension of their best WR when he was with the Eagles. I think it is a pretty same assumption that he isn't going to take it lightly if anyone - ANYONE - simply refuses to do what he says.

    He wanted to sit Favre (for whatever the reason), Favre didn't want to sit. So instead of initiating a power struggle, they worked it out. And now people are complaining?

    The media is running with this because it makes a good story. People who don't like Favre are running with this because, well, they don't like Favre. But let's take a step back and look at this a little more realistically. The "argument" was not anything big, nobody got owned, it was simply a heated discussion about football on the sidelines. If you watch the sidelines, you will see that kind of thing happen more often than not during a game.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  2. #12
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re:Childress wanted Favre to come out

    I was reading on Big Mac's twitter

    And Favre wanted to win the game

    We were up 7-6.. No need to pull him just yet

  3. #13
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re:Childress wanted Favre to come out

    Nice post Paul.

  4. #14
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re:Childress wanted Favre to come out

    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Schism?! Any idiot on the team would know that benching a HOF QB when you are leading 7-6 is stupid. He got us here. He finishes it. TJ would have been murdered. Favre saved Chillys job for the week, just like he got him an extension.
    I hear ya my friend and in most cases would agree with ya on this one, but just for one second would you consider benching him based on what you were seeing? I know I would have.

    I don't like the cat and was still feeling sorry for his old ass while it was getting whooped like that.

    Additionally, though, on the flip side, I was feeling sorry for the OLmen who couldn't protect his non-mobile ass.

    Again, all hating aside, the only way to beat a pass rush like that is:

    a. Run right at the pressure (screens included).
    b. Run away from the pressure.
    c. Move the QB away from the pressure.

    First two weren't working, I can honestly see why the Chiller wanted to try option c, especially after the Hicks thing didn't work.
    Bootleg. Did you see the stat line they showed when Favre bootleg? WOW!

  5. #15
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re:Childress wanted Favre to come out

    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Schism?! Any idiot on the team would know that benching a HOF QB when you are leading 7-6 is stupid. He got us here. He finishes it. TJ would have been murdered. Favre saved Chillys job for the week, just like he got him an extension.
    I hear ya my friend and in most cases would agree with ya on this one, but just for one second would you consider benching him based on what you were seeing? I know I would have.

    I don't like the cat and was still feeling sorry for his old ass while it was getting whooped like that.

    Additionally, though, on the flip side, I was feeling sorry for the OLmen who couldn't protect his non-mobile ass.

    Again, all hating aside, the only way to beat a pass rush like that is:

    a. Run right at the pressure (screens included).
    b. Run away from the pressure.
    c. Move the QB away from the pressure.

    First two weren't working, I can honestly see why the Chiller wanted to try option c, especially after the Hicks thing didn't work.
    They didn't try the first two. I saw one screen and a handful of runs in the first half. There were a grand total of two runs in the entire third quarter.

    I can, however, actually understand Childress's thought process. I don't agree with it, but I understand how he came to it. I still think that Favre gave us a better chance to win that game that TJack would have. Not saying that TJack couldn't have pulled it out, I am just saying that halfway through the third quarter, without benefit of retrospect, I think that the correct decision was to leave Favre in.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    951

    Re:Childress wanted Favre to come out

    NodakPaul wrote:
    I don't think we need to make this into something that it isn't.

    Anyone who has even played team sports knows that players and coaches (or players and other players) get into heated discussions sometimes. Sometimes that is the way you talk things out when emotions are running high or you are deeply involved in an effort.

    In all of the past games, Childress has taken Favre out if we have a substantial lead. From Zulgad's story, he considered taking him out a bit earlier in the Detroit game as well, but Favre made his case and stayed in a little longer. Last night, my honest guess is Childress wanted to put TJack in because the OL was completely breaking down and TJack is more mobile. And Favre once again pleaded his case.

    For anyone to say that Childress told Favre to hit the bench and Favre flat out refused... I want some of what you are smoking. Remember who we are talking about here. Childress is the one who orchestrated the sitting out and suspension of their best WR when he was with the Eagles. I think it is a pretty same assumption that he isn't going to take it lightly if anyone - ANYONE - simply refuses to do what he says.

    He wanted to sit Favre (for whatever the reason), Favre didn't want to sit. So instead of initiating a power struggle, they worked it out. And now people are complaining?

    The media is running with this because it makes a good story. People who don't like Favre are running with this because, well, they don't like Favre. But let's take a step back and look at this a little more realistically. The "argument" was not anything big, nobody got owned, it was simply a heated discussion about football on the sidelines. If you watch the sidelines, you will see that kind of thing happen more often than not during a game.
    Good Post. My only thing is I know how heated discussions occur on sidelines but to have Brett air the dirty laundry in a press conference bugs me a little bit. Granted we all know that's Brett's history, I wouldve rather seen a little more diplomacy in that instance.

    Again I am not sure whether benching Favre was warranted or not. The main issue for me is we laid an egg. Now we add this 'issue' right before the playoffs, it just gives me heartburn.

  7. #17
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re:Childress wanted Favre to come out

    Fucking media.

    Childress wanted to take Favre out of the Packers game after the quarterback audibled on third and long with less than four minutes remaining, according to ESPN. Based on the play-by-play of that game, the Vikings were up 31-26 and seemed to be taking a conservative approach. On first down, from their 41, Favre completed a screen pass that running back Adrian Peterson turned into a 44-yard gain. The Vikings ran the ball on the next two plays, losing a yard, and faced a third and 11.

    A run was called, according to ESPN, but Favre audibled and completed a 16-yard touchdown to receiver Bernard Berrian as the Vikings took a 38-26 lead. Childress instructed offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell to remove Favre from the game, ESPN reported, but the quarterback returned to action and handed the ball off on four consecutive plays.
    http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_14038891?nclick_check=1

  8. #18
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re:Childress wanted Favre to come out

    NodakPaul wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Schism?! Any idiot on the team would know that benching a HOF QB when you are leading 7-6 is stupid. He got us here. He finishes it. TJ would have been murdered. Favre saved Chillys job for the week, just like he got him an extension.
    I hear ya my friend and in most cases would agree with ya on this one, but just for one second would you consider benching him based on what you were seeing? I know I would have.

    I don't like the cat and was still feeling sorry for his old ass while it was getting whooped like that.

    Additionally, though, on the flip side, I was feeling sorry for the OLmen who couldn't protect his non-mobile ass.

    Again, all hating aside, the only way to beat a pass rush like that is:

    a. Run right at the pressure (screens included).
    b. Run away from the pressure.
    c. Move the QB away from the pressure.

    First two weren't working, I can honestly see why the Chiller wanted to try option c, especially after the Hicks thing didn't work.
    They didn't try the first two. I saw one screen and a handful of runs in the first half. There were a grand total of two runs in the entire third quarter.

    I can, however, actually understand Childress's thought process. I don't agree with it, but I understand how he came to it. I still think that Favre gave us a better chance to win that game that TJack would have. Not saying that TJack couldn't have pulled it out, I am just saying that halfway through the third quarter, without benefit of retrospect, I think that the correct decision was to leave Favre in.
    But they did try the first two, at least plays that would have given them a good indication of they were gonna work. There was no way in hell they were gonna get a screen to work.

    Truth of the matter, I only showed Herrera and Hutch as being effective pulling once each and that was early on.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  9. #19
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re:Childress wanted Favre to come out

    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #20
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re:Childress wanted Favre to come out

    Jets Fans, Rejoice: Favre’s Collapsing Again
    Marrdro's comment follows:
    WTF......Now this is just piling on. I don't think I'm gonna watch ESPN or NFLN all week.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Favre still upset by Childress criticism
    By marstc09 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 11-28-2010, 05:40 PM
  2. Vikings wanted Jeff Garcia as Favre fallback
    By Tad7 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 08-22-2010, 10:18 AM
  3. Favre says Thompson wanted "to get my ass out the door"
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-04-2008, 04:04 PM
  4. Childress wanted Spagnuolo
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-01-2008, 07:20 PM
  5. Who gives a crap Childress wanted to end the game?
    By theman in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 08-17-2006, 12:28 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •