Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Childress wanted Favre to come out

Marrdro's comment follows:
    I've been scouring the web to find a link to the Vid that I can see at work. Found this little gem and was very suprised to see/hear that this isn't the first time the Chiller has tried to pull the Noodle and the Noodle said no.......

Kindof interesting little discussion point that seemed to warrant a separate thread instead of being lumped into just the Carolina post game thread.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Childress wanted Favre to come out

Can we pull Childress?

Marrdro wrote:
    I've been scouring the web to find a link to the Vid that I can see at work. Found this little gem and was very suprised to see/hear that this isn't the first time the Chiller has tried to pull the Noodle and the Noodle said no.......

Kindof interesting little discussion point that seemed to warrant a separate thread instead of being lumped into just the Carolina post game thread.
    "We were just having a good conversation about the game was heading at that point and time," Childress said. "And what we needed to do to head the other way."

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

What scares me is that Favre said "No", and got his way.

That was THE #1 THING I was worried about when we signed Favre: Would Chilly be able to pull him, seeing as they're such good friends.

Childress, You as the head coach will/must shoulder the entire responsibility of the team's successes and failures. So the call on who plays or not is YOUR decision. If you want Favre out, stick to your guns, hold on to your balls, and sit his ass down. Do not take no for an answer. It undermines your ability to lead and the team's ability to follow you. So don't let him pwn you like that..
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

Braddock wrote:
    What scares me is that Favre said "No", and got his way.

That was THE #1 THING I was worried about when we signed Favre: Would Chilly be able to pull him, seeing as they're such good friends.

Childress, You as the head coach will/must shoulder the entire responsibility of the team's successes and failures. So the call on who plays or not is YOUR decision. If you want Favre out, stick to your guns, hold on to your balls, and sit his ass down. Do not take no for an answer. It undermines your ability to lead and the team's ability to follow you. So don't let him pwn you like that..
    and we gave this guy an extension? Sad.

The words “I want” are not a good enough excuse, Brett. Next time, do as you are told, sit your ass down, and let Brad take the heat for the outcome.
    My Take On The Favre Fiasco
    This is gonna be a tough topic for Vikes fans and a fun topic to all the PUKER fans out there to follow.

Going to be interesting how the press spins this.

Wonder if a Schism will be created. :dry:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Schism?! Any idiot on the team would know that benching a HOF QB when you are leading 7-6 is stupid. He got us here. He finishes it. TJ would have been murdered. Favre saved Chillys job for the week, just like he got him an extension.

OK I am not too sure that I agree with the logic to pull Favre yet, I have yet to re-watch the game. Having said that here is my take. Shut the F up Brett and listen to the staff. Players play and coaches should coach.

These guys came out and laid another egg on Sunday night Football where we had ground to gain. Embarrassing!

We need to be hitting our stride right now not falling apart like a rusty 78 Pinto. I can only imagine how this will be spun on the media.

marstc09 wrote:
    Schism?! Any idiot on the team would know that benching a HOF QB when you are leading 7-6 is stupid. He got us here. He finishes it. TJ would have been murdered. Favre saved Chillys job for the week, just like he got him an extension.
    I hear ya my friend and in most cases would agree with ya on this one, but just for one second would you consider benching him based on what you were seeing? I know I would have.

I don't like the cat and was still feeling sorry for his old ass while it was getting whooped like that.

Additionally, though, on the flip side, I was feeling sorry for the OLmen who couldn't protect his non-mobile ass.

Again, all hating aside, the only way to beat a pass rush like that is:

a. Run right at the pressure (screens included).
    b. Run away from the pressure.
    c. Move the QB away from the pressure.

First two weren't working, I can honestly see why the Chiller wanted to try option c, especially after the Hicks thing didn't work.

slavinator wrote:
    OK I am not too sure that I agree with the logic to pull Favre yet, I have yet to re-watch the game. Having said that here is my take. Shut the F up Brett and listen to the staff. Players play and coaches should coach.

These guys came out and laid another egg on Sunday night Football where we had ground to gain. Embarrassing!

We need to be hitting our stride right now not falling apart like a rusty 78 Pinto. I can only imagine how this will be spun on the media.
    Love that line...... :laugh:

I hate to think about the spin the rubes will be putting on this one. They've been trying to find a crack in the armor all year. Looks like they found it.

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast