Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Childress vs Tice

Tice had five years to get the Vikings in place to win the NFC North every year.
    I do not believe in the ten year rebuilding plan.

New Vikings fans have not experienced a time when the Vikings were THE dominant team in the NFC and were perenial NFC North Division winners.

I want the Vikings to be back at that level and not looking forward to Tice's 8-8 and 9-7 teams that make a quick playoff exit as a wildcard.

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

I agree. And you know what? This slow, steady approach that B.C. is taking is really beginning to remind me of how the Pats came around...
    -Sno

"Prophet" wrote:
    Tice: a guy that was put into the drivers seat as an interim HC to real HC too early in his career without working up through the ranks in the NFL.

Childress:
    a guy that worked his way up through the ranks to the point where the next logical progression was HC.
    Tice: was put there by a cheap a$$ owner that cared more about is pocket then pride.
    We will never know how he might have done with a NFL budget, coaching staff, training facility, headquarters with airconditioning, etc.

I didnt mind Tice....
    I felt bad for the disadvantage he had from McCombs.
    Was he ready to be a head coach?? Probably not.
    Did he learn on the fly as fast as anyone else put in the position??
    I would say probably yes. (It was entertaining anyway!)

He certainly made mistakes personally and professionally that I am sure he learned from if he gets another chance as a head coach.

All that being said, I do like the methodical calming influence that Childress is having on this team...
    His (and the owners) my way or the highway attitude is good for this fanchise and as long as they are consistant, they will do great for the future of the Vikes!
    I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Personally I think it is too early to make a comparison between the two coaches, so I will hold off judgement. Personally, I had no problem with Tice. Also, I like what Childress has done, but it has only been one game. Let's see what he can do over the course of a season.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

What scares me about childress is he has to have perfect players. Dwight Smith got caught having sex, Childress might have done that once too. I don't think that gets you kicked off the roster. He made his point. Most great athletes though have egos, large egos, because they know they are miles ahead of everyone else. we couldnt get alot of star players because they all have too much focus on themselves. Childress would never let a person Randy Moss back here. Or Koren our best athlete signs with green bay, maybe we should have kept him and just signed him to a practise squad or sign him later on if he went to rehab.

ok screw koren you win.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

I think my post count has bin stuck for the past year. I think its broken.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

tice alogn with brezenski and studwell was an amazing judge of talent. thats all i'll give him.

he got us some pretty good defensive draft picks and got our team in place for childress to take over.

unfortunatly tice didnt have the tools to develope these players as well as they could have been. even after 1 game...i dont call it a comparison.

Childress > Tice

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Tice: We make no halftime adjustments and blow the game even though we had a 10+ point lead after two quarters.

Childress:We play better in the seond half and win even though we were trailing at halftime.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Prophet Guest

"jessejames09" wrote:
    ...Dwight Smith got caught having sex, Childress might have done that once too....
    Then again....maybe not.

[img width=180 height=240]http://images.tsn.ca/images/stories/20060106/Childress_58301.jpg[/img][img width=330 height=245]http://perusio.com/photos/simpsons_mr_burns_perusio.jpg[/img]

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    ...Dwight Smith got caught having sex, Childress might have done that once too....
    Then again....maybe not.

[img width=180 height=240]http://images.tsn.ca/images/stories/20060106/Childress_58301.jpg[/img][img width=330 height=245]http://perusio.com/photos/simpsons_mr_burns_perusio.jpg[/img]

Way to funny Prophet
    ;D

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast