Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31
  1. #1
    sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,321

    Childress vs Tice

    The difference in coaching style between these two is obvious in just this one game.
    When Childress says he's going to run the ball, he actually does it.
    And what happened?
    Taylor started to break some big gains by the late third quarter and definately in the 4th.
    Tice always said he plans to run the ball, but never stuck with a back or with the game plan long enough for it to work.
    Childress appears a more patient, mature coach and trusts his gameplan.
    The Vikes running game didn't look all that impressive in the preseason, but now that the starters have played four quarters, I can see that Childress definately knows what he's doing.


    My biggest conclusion from this game is that Hutch is worth every penny spent...he pretty much ran Marcus Washington to the ground 9 times out of 10.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

  2. #2
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Childress vs Tice

    That is nice and fuzzy on the outside but try running the ball 2 yards at a time when you are down 14 or 17 points.

    The game was within reach at all times. Our pourus defense last season made running the ball damn near impossible. Because running the ball 30+ times for 2.8 yards a carry wore the skins down just enough at the very end of the game to get us 3 points.

    If your defense is giving up points hand over fist and your "wearing them down" not too many people are going to get excited about your team losing 31-3 your only field goal coming off a last minute field goal.

    Childress has to play more then one game for me to think he knows what he is doing, and Tice allready prooved he didnt have a clue, but the running game analogy doesn't work.

  3. #3
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Childress vs Tice

    In a fight, I pick Tice.
    Its close, but Tice for sure.

    sdvikefan, what was your title.
    When we switched sites they did not.
    I can fix it.

  4. #4
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Childress vs Tice

    That was a little more aggressive then I intended.
    ;D

    I just think it's easy to run the ball when your not far behind.

    That is all!
    ;D

  5. #5
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,403

    Re: Childress vs Tice

    "Del" wrote:
    That was a little more aggressive then I intended.
    ;D

    I just think it's easy to run the ball when your not far behind.

    That is all!
    ;D
    So much for the better we got the west coast passing offense, and Brad knows how to complete. Also on 3rd and long, as he showed us last night.

    Thanks to PPE for the sig.

  6. #6
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Childress vs Tice

    "cogitans" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    That was a little more aggressive then I intended.
    ;D

    I just think it's easy to run the ball when your not far behind.

    That is all!
    ;D
    So much for the better we got the west coast passing offense, and Brad knows how to complete. Also on 3rd and long, as he showed us last night.
    What was that?

  7. #7
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: Childress vs Tice

    31 rushes looks impressive until you see 88 yds.

    It is impressive that Childress stuck with the run at less than 3 ypc.

  8. #8
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,403

    Re: Childress vs Tice

    "Del" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    That was a little more aggressive then I intended.
    ;D

    I just think it's easy to run the ball when your not far behind.

    That is all!
    ;D
    So much for the better we got the west coast passing offense, and Brad knows how to complete. Also on 3rd and long, as he showed us last night.
    What was that?
    Maybe I misread you.

    I do agree with what you said. I just tried to comment that if we do have to pass because we are down, we showed last night that we can execute, also on 3rd and long.

    Thanks to PPE for the sig.

  9. #9
    baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,065

    Re: Childress vs Tice

    "snowinapril" wrote:
    31 rushes looks impressive until you see 88 yds.

    It is impressive that Childress stuck with the run at less than 3 ypc.
    Yeah but a'lot of those runs came at the end when everyone was expecting them and they were maily used to run the clock out.

  10. #10
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Childress vs Tice

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    In a fight, I pick Tice.
    Its close, but Tice for sure.


    sdvikefan, what was your title.
    When we switched sites they did not.
    I can fix it.
    LOL!
    I don't think it would be too close.
    I think Tice would put a woopin on Childress.
    Now if it involved mentality or wit, Tice might as well not even show up.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. It's Brad Childress vs. Mike Tice
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 126
    Last Post: 11-23-2008, 11:03 AM
  2. Haslett, Tice, Childress?: Marginal HCs get a second chance?
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 10-14-2008, 12:44 PM
  3. Is Brad Childress Any Better Than Mike Tice?
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 11-19-2006, 07:19 AM
  4. What Childress lacks... Tice had.
    By Guruzen in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 11-05-2006, 10:08 AM
  5. Videos: Childress on character & Childress talks draft
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-11-2006, 12:54 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •