Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233
    ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

Re: Childress, Vikings wasting their star

"ejmat" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    I am a believer in the fact that you want your offensive playmakers on the field when the game is on the line... one way/shape/form, they need to be out there.

I understand AD is not the complete back CT is yet, but I don't care - defenses are going to account for him WHEREVER and WHENEVER he is on the field.... so if he takes 1 defender out, great.
    You damn well better believe they have somebody else with a close eye on him.. that opens everybody else up.

Put em both out there, I don't care - but the opposing team must account for him.
    Why in that situation would you want 2 RBs on the field?
    I would agree with this if you put TJ in and use the wildcat offense to throw the opposing team off.
    However, with CT out there don't you think defenders are keying on him as well?
    After all, he would be a starter on most teams and the only reason he isn't here is because of AP.
    In the middle of a game you use both.
    Not with less than 2 minutes and you are in total passing situations when you have another back like CT.
    He is perfectly capable of handling the situation 9 times out of ten.
    It just so happened he fumbled.
    AP runs about the same risk to fumble and CT is still much better as a pass protector and catcher out of the backfield.
    You do not need another RB on the field in that situation.
    The Bucs weee using a man to man defense so either way you wouldn't get more than one man on him.
    We saw how that worked against Derrick Brooks (a LB may I add).
    Start him in the backfield (or CT) - put them in motion and get him outside.... you have a LB on coverage...
    I know teams know where CT is, but he does NOT demand the attention of AD (that is my point).
    I do not have a problem with the CT fumble - I have NEVER said anything about that and feel free to do an extensive search on the matter.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Childress, Vikings wasting their star

"ThorSPL" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    I am a believer in the fact that you want your offensive playmakers on the field when the game is on the line... one way/shape/form, they need to be out there.

I understand AD is not the complete back CT is yet, but I don't care - defenses are going to account for him WHEREVER and WHENEVER he is on the field.... so if he takes 1 defender out, great.
    You damn well better believe they have somebody else with a close eye on him.. that opens everybody else up.

Put em both out there, I don't care - but the opposing team must account for him.
    Why in that situation would you want 2 RBs on the field?
    I would agree with this if you put TJ in and use the wildcat offense to throw the opposing team off.
    However, with CT out there don't you think defenders are keying on him as well?
    After all, he would be a starter on most teams and the only reason he isn't here is because of AP.
    In the middle of a game you use both.
    Not with less than 2 minutes and you are in total passing situations when you have another back like CT.
    He is perfectly capable of handling the situation 9 times out of ten.
    It just so happened he fumbled.
    AP runs about the same risk to fumble and CT is still much better as a pass protector and catcher out of the backfield.
    You do not need another RB on the field in that situation.
    The Bucs weee using a man to man defense so either way you wouldn't get more than one man on him.
    We saw how that worked against Derrick Brooks (a LB may I add).
    Start him in the backfield (or CT) - put them in motion and get him outside.... you have a LB on coverage...

I know teams know where CT is, but he does NOT demand the attention of AD (that is my point).
    I do not have a problem with the CT fumble - I have NEVER said anything about that and feel free to do an extensive search on the matter.
    I believe you about the Taylor fumble.
    No need to go crazy looking it up or proving it.
    I do understand the thought of using both CT and AP at the same time.
    In fact I welcome it during the game.
    But in the final 2 minutes with no time outs having to score a TD there's no need to have a person on the field that has struggled on pass plays.
    I wish I could say AP was good coming out of the backfield but the only game he really looked good was against GB.
    If we were talking about the Lions or a different team in the NFL I could see it.
    But Tampa Bay has a very smart coach along with smart defenders.
    Yes there would be a mismatch since they would most likely have a LB covering them.
    My only issue is our front line has really been sucking.
    We all know Gus can't scramble or move.
    Even when he runs it looks like he is standing still.
    Therefore if we weren't throwing a quick slant or screen we need that extra pass protection.
    This is why it was a situational decision that I agree with. There a lot of factors that go into every play and every situation.
    Of course you want your best players on the team on the field.
    But certain scenerios in which that "best" player is not the best player for that situation may not always be a good fit given the situation.

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233