Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Childress, Vikings wasting their star

How do you guys not see that Chester has better blocking and catching then Peterson?

We had 147 left after everything was settled and no time outs

We couldnt run and Peterson has showed to be unreliable in blocking and pass catching

Chester is one of the best recieving backs in the league and that's what we needed to get 70 yards

Unfortunatly he had a fumble.. Chilldress has the right move regardless of what you think

soonerbornNbred is offline Pro-Bowler

V4L thinks Ad cant pick up blitzes Cuz he read it somewhere and By george is stickin to that because it was written on the internet so it must be true... youve got to stop being part of the problem at some point, today isnt that day I understand , but continue to repeat the crap you think you know...AD is twice the back CT is FACT...and I believe future check stubs will show that to be true.....and please understand I think chester is a NFL caliber back but he is nowhere close to AD, few are...and ill take my chances with him 4th Quater 1:40 remaining anyday over anyother....1st qtr 2nd qtr doesnt matter But AD himself as always, historically owned 4th quarter, at least until he started running for Childress....hopefully he does gets a chance to prove that as a pro someday

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"V4L" wrote:
    How do you guys not see that Chester has better blocking and catching then Peterson?

We couldnt run and Peterson has showed to be unreliable in blocking and pass catching

Chester is one of the best recieving backs in the league and that's what we needed to get 70 yards

Unfortunatly he had a fumble.. Chilldress has the right move regardless of what you think
    To lose?
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"V4L" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS YOU HAVE YOUR BEST PLAYERS IN THE GAME DURING CRUNCH TIME!!!...

I don't see how you/anyone can justify playing Chester over AP with the game is on the line... if that was the case, why didn't they do that last week against the packers????

same situation!!!...

Childress is an idiot!!...

Why is it that AP doesn't know how to block 2 years in the league.. coaching??... that's just ridiculous!!!...

like i said if anything in that situation you use AP as a decoy... and chester wasn't in there to block.. if he was he'd never had got the ball to fumble in the first place!!

There is no doubt AP is beter.. But when you can only get 20 yards in 3 quarters you gotta find a way to win

Chilldress went with Chester because of his other abilitys.. Cuz we clearly couldn't run

And AP does work on his blocking alot.. he just can't pick up the blitz.. Go ahead and blame that on chilldress all you want.. he worked with Williamson on his catching and it doesn't work.. Sometimes it doesn't.. You guys just demand perfection

It was the right call and anyone who knows football would agree
    I know football and i dont' agree with that... AP is a better open field runner off a pass/run, with more big play potential, and if anything he's a helluva decoy!!...

it doesn't hold water considering we went with Ap the week before... i don't agree with regardless of short commings to put your best player on the sideline when you need a big play and who better to do that than AP...

that's like putting TJ in for Gus down 6 points with 2 min left....

or

throwing deep to Bwade instead of BB with the game on the line... OH WAIT!!! We did that too!!!

"soonerbornNbred" wrote:
    V4L thinks Ad cant pick up blitzes Cuz he read it somewhere and By george is stickin to that because it was written on the internet so it must be true... youve got to stop being part of the problem at some point, today isnt that day I understand , but continue to repeat the crap you think you know...AD is twice the back CT is FACT...and I believe future check stubs will show that to be true.....and please understand I think chester is a NFL caliber back but he is nowhere close to AD, few are...and ill take my chances with him 4th Quater 1:40 remaining anyday over anyother....1st qtr 2nd qtr doesnt matter But AD himself as always, historically owned 4th quarter, at least until he started running for Childress....hopefully he does gets a chance to prove that as a pro someday
    your someone who is just trying to attack someone by putting words in their mouth you clown

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS YOU HAVE YOUR BEST PLAYERS IN THE GAME DURING CRUNCH TIME!!!...

I don't see how you/anyone can justify playing Chester over AP with the game is on the line... if that was the case, why didn't they do that last week against the packers????

same situation!!!...

Childress is an idiot!!...

Why is it that AP doesn't know how to block 2 years in the league.. coaching??... that's just ridiculous!!!...

like i said if anything in that situation you use AP as a decoy... and chester wasn't in there to block.. if he was he'd never had got the ball to fumble in the first place!!

There is no doubt AP is beter.. But when you can only get 20 yards in 3 quarters you gotta find a way to win

Chilldress went with Chester because of his other abilitys.. Cuz we clearly couldn't run

And AP does work on his blocking alot.. he just can't pick up the blitz.. Go ahead and blame that on chilldress all you want.. he worked with Williamson on his catching and it doesn't work.. Sometimes it doesn't.. You guys just demand perfection

It was the right call and anyone who knows football would agree
    I know football and i dont' agree with that... AP is a better open field runner off a pass/run, with more big play potential, and if anything he's a helluva decoy!!...

it doesn't hold water considering we went with Ap the week before... i don't agree with regardless of short commings to put your best player on the sideline when you need a big play and who better to do that than AP...

that's like putting TJ in for Gus down 6 points with 2 min left....

or

throwing deep to Bwade instead of BB with the game on the line... OH WAIT!!! We did that too!!!
    calm down dude

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"Yfz01" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Yfz01" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    [quote author=C Mac D link=topic=49137.msg867294#msg867294 date=1227220685]
    [quote author=V4L link=topic=49137.msg867291#msg867291 date=1227220607]
    People need to face facts I swear
    Funny, I was thinking the same thing.

5-5, in a piss poor division.

And like I said we should replace Chilly if we can

But he made the right call and you just seem to want to hate on him

Whatever man if you can't see reality that's fine

I know he's 5-5 and he should go.. But you blame every single thing on him and it's annoying.. You're like a little kid who can't let pooh go
    At least I'm blaming someone... are you blaming Peterson for not running hard enough?

Or for not drinking more water on the sidelines?

Who exactly do you blame, or is your vague, "I blame the team" approach still what you are sticking by.

I blame the person who should be blamed... end of story. If it gets old, then ignore me.
    I blame the team.
    You cant put blame on one guy who isn't even out on the field.
    I'm blaming our running backs for the last game.
    All three had bad mistakes that helped cost us the game.
    The coaching was enough for a win but the execution lacked - IN MY OPINION.
    how the hell do you figure that with 0 points in the second half....
    [/quote]

Drop on fourth and 1 by ADRIAN Peterson - Running back
    Fumble on kick return by HICKS - Running back
    Fumble by Chester Taylor - Running back

Dang running backs, oh and Gosh Darn Gus' cant throw a pass to save his life.
    We need T-Jack back!
    [/quote]

dude that was all within the last 3 min of the game.. or did you watch it???... what about the 2 previous quarter and the other 12 min of the 4th????

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

To lose?

Is that all you can say?

Because we got lucky and gave AP one more chance to win

Really man.. It was the best call.. Chester can catch AP can't.. Chester can pick up a blitz AP can't

AP was held to 20 yards in 3 quarters.. How do people not get that? Continue to keep giving him the ball for 2 yards with 147 and no timeouts? Brilliant

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    I point the finger at a team as whole

If I see people blow the game I say hey that's stupid

You on the other hand no matter if we win or lose find a way to nag on Chilldress

We know you hate Chilldress.. But seriously.. Do you watch the games? This is getting old
    And who does it come down to when the team isn't playing as a whole? Hmmm? The coach?

I watch the games, I've only missed one this season... which is where I stem my opinions from.

For you to say you blame the team as a whole, but not the coach... I can't argue against ignorance like that... I use logic in my arguments.

3 years of the same mistakes, and you're still blaming the team.

Whatever... it's like talking to a wall.

Wow you really don't get it do you

How can you not say he has coached good the last 7 weeks or so if you've watched the games?

Sometimes the other team makes a play and we lose.. That's how we've been losing our games

Chilldess made the right call by putting in Chester weather you like it or not.. Fumbles happen and AP almost fumbled away the Packer game.. Luckily he got another shot and a lucky miss from the GB kicker
    V4L - like you stated earlier you can't talk sense with CMac.
    He hates Childress and he is blinded by his hatred.
    No matter what is said it is always Childress' fault.

For CMac - Who's fault was it the 4 out of the last 5 games before this they won?
    I bet Childress had nothng to do with that according to you right?

Open your eyes.
    AP is not the better person to have in at that time.
    Plain and simple.
    Taylor fumbled.
    It happens.
    Now why don't you look at a ratio of Taylor touches vs AP touches and see who has more fumbles per touch.
    Also watch the game and see who blocks better which is needed for pass protection.
    Did they lose?
    Yes.
    But it doesn't mean becasue of one fucking play that AP is better in that situation than Taylor.
    By the way, AP fumbled last week and almost blew the Packer game.
    He also fumbled against the Lions and almost blew that game.
    The difference is he had a chance to make up for it.
    Unfortunately Taylor did not.
    Oh wow... you're so right!!!

Thank you Childress, for making us a 5-5 team!!!

As Childress himself said... "Average is about the worst thing you can say about someone..."
    Right.
    It's cut and dry.
    Just like that.
    They are 5-5 solely because Childress is a bad coach.
    If you played football before you would know that players must perform.
    Players make a coach.
    A coach can coach so much.
    The players have to perform.

None of us are happy about being 5-5.
    We all think they can have a better record.
    Unfortunately they don't.
    But if you want to blame that solely on coaching go ahead.
    You are delusional.
    If you would say coaching has a part of the blame I would agree with you.
    They all share a part in the blame.
    Players and coaches.
    Childress does not teach them to fumble, throw INTs, or make penalties.
    That is a player not performing the way they should.
    Learn more about the entire picture instead of just saying things because you hate the coach.

I guess the years Bud Grant went 8-8 he must have been a bad coach.
    That's mediocre, right?
    Childress basically took a team over from scratch.
    Grant took a team over that was going in the right direction.
    Yes they have a losing record while udner Childress but that does not mean he is the sole fucking reason like you seem to think he is.
    Learn more about the game my friend.

stateVIKE44 is offline Pro-Bowler

"SamOchoCinco" wrote:
    "tb04512" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "tb04512" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    [quote author=C Mac D link=topic=49137.msg867252#msg867252 date=1227219590]
    [quote author=tb04512 link=topic=49137.msg867249#msg867249 date=1227219469]
    Chester is not, will not, or ever be a better option than adrian on a final drive
    I thought I was alone on this....

Tell me, honestly... Kiffin wasn't thrilled AP was on the sidelines during that final drive.

How is a one dimensional player who was shut down the whole game a better option then?

Really I would love to see your explanation besides that he COULD have broke open a play.. Even though he failed to for 3 quarters
    one dimensional? did you watch the packers game where he TOOK over with not only runs but catches
    And did you see him gain 20 total yards in the last 3 quarters and miss some blocks the next game?

Wowwww people
    did you see the bucs adjust at halftime and the vikes didnt... thats ap's fault right? couldn't have been the stellar coaches fault..

woowwww people
    [/quote]

theres a reason why they can adjust.

THEY HAVE THE BEST D-CORDNATOR IN THE LEAGUE!

and they know our defence since they run the same kind.
    and blame our d... they couldnt get to jeff garcia

so why are you guys getting so mad about chester playing and ap not finishing ONE GAME!

wow people take a chill pill
    [/quote]

If you think that they can make adjustments because they run the same defense as us than wouldn't it go BOTH ways ... shouldn't we KNOW there defense as well?? Or is that where "the best d-coordinator in the league" comes in? To me, any d-coordinator (or o-coordinator or head coach for for that matter) worth a lick should be able to make adjustments .... isn't that PART of being a GOOD coach, seeing what is and isn't working and making those adjustments? Using your logic, we should be able to go in a whoop up on any team that runs a Cover 2 defense or perhaps even runs the WCO (KAO). Because we run the same thing, we know how to beat it ... wonder why Chilly hasn't thought of that?!?!
    "I play for the love of the game; I play because there is no greater feeling than hearing 80,000 fans screaming when you smack somebody!"
    ~ Jared Allen

Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast