Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Childress' - Vikings still being shaped

"VikingMike" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Childress' Vikings still being shaped[/size]

Posted on Thu, Oct. 25, 2007

By Ray Parrillo
    Inquirer Staff Writer

Brad Childress was saying he learned much under Andy Reid during his seven years as an assistant coach with the Eagles, the last four as offensive coordinator, before he became head coach of the Minnesota Vikings two years ago......
    Thanks for those posts...the Philly writer mentions "long-range planning" was a key ingredient of Reid's tenure. I'm not sure Childress will have that luxury unless he shows us something worthwhile.
    Of course you would have to believe that the Chiller is solely to blame for all this mess and that the owner would recognize that the Chiller is solely to blame for all this mess.

Truth be told, the Chiller isn't solely to blame, and the owner knows that.
    Based on what the owner has said, and how normal staffs work, I contend, with a few others on here, the time to really start judging the Chiller is next year.

We will then be able to make an honest assesment of his coaching abilities. Assumption here is that most of the youth on the team will be in thier second and third year, FA brought in last year and this year will have the experience in the system, then couple that with the hope that the Player-Personnel staff and Scouting staff will have worked with the Capologist/money people and they spend some of our cap dollars wisely on 3 or 4 key FA's and we should have a pretty good team.

By putting those ingrediants on the field then we can really judge on how good a cook the Chiller really is.
    Then if the team doesn't win something we will have room to beeyatch.
    ;D

Of course you could be one of the guys/gals on here who believe the Chiller is running the whole show and is to blame for all the bad players he's brought in, the players that have left via FA or fired, and the FA that visisted/or didn't visit and never signed.
    Not sure were you fall in that catagory.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Kentzavol is offline Waterboy

I try my best not to be a fair weather fan. I will take the good with the bad and just be a fan. I don't believe it's all of Childress's fault. Actually, I think the future may hold credit instead of blame. I'm hanging in there for the ride. We will see improvement this year. My biggest concern is finding a quarterback or seeing significant improvement with TJ.
    Go Vikings

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Brad "the Brain Child"ress!

What is he going to show us at this point?
    Is he going to pull a Rabbit out of his mustache?

Our Offense is about 1/3 of where it needs to be to being a winning team. The RBs being that 1/3.
    The other guys on O have to step it up in those close games and stop depending on the RBs.

We are what we are.
    We are a good defense with a sub par offense.
    We are a team that has been in every game (gravy) so far with the difficult games (meat and potatoes) ahead.

"snowinapril" wrote:

Our Offense is about 1/3 of where it needs to be to being a winning team. The RBs being that 1/3.
    The other guys on O have to step it up in those close games and stop depending on the RBs.

We are what we are.
    We are a team that has been in every game (gravy) so far with the difficult games (meat and potatoes) ahead.
    And yet, we have been in every game.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:

We are what we are.
    Defense has provided that consistency.
    Our true test is coming up with the meat of our schedule.
    Put this team to the test and find out who are winners and who are quitters.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

NO DUH!!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:

We are what we are.
    Defense has provided that consistency.
    Our true test is coming up with the meat of our schedule.
    Put this team to the test and find out who are winners and who are quitters.
    Seems to me young guys on Defense learn quicker than young guys on offense.

Defense
    Griff, Edwards, McCauley, Greenway, Robison, James, Whitikar.

Offense,
    TJ, AD, Rice, Allison, Cook, Herrera, T-will, Nafu.

Heres hoping they keep on progressing (the ones that are) and next years crop provide impact as well.

mountainviking is online now Team Alumni

And yet there are those who point the blame at Griffin's or MacCauley's one missed play a game, losing sight of the fact they played pretty darn well for young starters the rest of the game.

IF the playbook is as thick as three phonebooks (as someone claimed here?) it would make it obvious why offensive players take longer to develop...defense is a bit more straight up.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

"mountainviking" wrote:
    And yet there are those who point the blame at Griffin's or MacCauley's one missed play a game, losing sight of the fact they played pretty darn well for young starters the rest of the game.

IF the playbook is as thick as three phonebooks (as someone claimed here?) it would make it obvious why offensive players take longer to develop...defense is a bit more straight up.
    Those are the ones who tend to have a very limited vision and tend to only look for the bad or someone to blame vice what is really going on around them my friend.

IMHO it would be very boring around here without them.
    Take today for instance.
    No one to discuss the finer points of our Head Coach today.
    Wonder were they are all at?
    ;D

Big C is offline Coordinator

Thanks for the articles. It really helps get through some of these tough weeks. I really like Childress as a head coach. Everything from cleaning up shop to player evaluations to hiring coaches has been good.

The only negative is the offense which he brought upon himself. He should have kept his pride in check and hired a real offensive coordinator to run the offense instead of trying to install his system. 90% of the criticism Childress gets is for the offenses poor production. Having a real OC gives him som deniability where the "fix" to such situations is "Fire the OC" instead of "Fire Childress". Remember how we used to hold Cottrell responsible that woeful defense instead of Tice?

I'll give Chilli this year to learn from his mistakes. He better get himself a real OC that runs the offense so that he can do his job instead of micro-managing the offense. I'm also hoping TJ turns out like Jason Campbell (Washington) did. He had a tough rookie year but is showing up strong in his second.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast