Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Childress' - Vikings still being shaped

[size=13pt]Childress' Vikings still being shaped[/size]

Posted on Thu, Oct. 25, 2007

By Ray Parrillo
    Inquirer Staff Writer

Brad Childress was saying he learned much under Andy Reid during his seven years as an assistant coach with the Eagles, the last four as offensive coordinator, before he became head coach of the Minnesota Vikings two years ago......

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Childress' - Vikings still being shaped

[size=13pt]Childress Knows Patience Is a Virtue[/size]

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

by Andy Schwartz
    ComcastSportsNet.com

Before becoming Minnesota’s head coach last year, Childress spent the previous seven as an Eagles offensive assistant under Reid; after three seasons as the quarterbacks coach, Childress was the offensive coordinator for the final four....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Two very nice reads.
    Thanks.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Patience is one thing he learned from his time in Philly, maybe we should have a little ourselves as he puts this team together and Tarvaris grows into a NFL caliber QB. Coaches have to evolve as they grow and the team/game changes. Getting your system put in, and tuning it to your personnel, and learning from your mistakes are all part of getting to where you want to be. I still believe we are heading in the right direction.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Reid was so patient in Philly that he took a premiere defense that carried them to 4 NFC title games and the super bowl and allowed it to decay while he waited for the offense to catch up,which never happened. Had they brought in more talent on offense earlier they would have stood a great chance at multiple lombardi's but Reid was as convinced as Chilly is now that you can build a team with marginal wr's and a great running tandem.

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Reid was so patient in Philly that he took a premiere defense that carried them to 4 NFC title games and the super bowl and allowed it to decay while he waited for the offense to catch up,which never happened. Had they brought in more talent on offense earlier they would have stood a great chance at multiple lombardi's but Reid was as convinced as Chilly is now that you can build a team with marginal wr's and a great running tandem.
    Sure glad this staff isn't doing that.

Griffin
    McCauley
    Rufus
    Robison
    Greenway

I like the way Studwell and Spielman worked the draft last year in thier efforts to find guys that will be great for years to come on both sides of the ball.

Guess I have been pining on them enough this week, I'd better give them some props.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Kentzavol is offline Waterboy

I like Coach Childress and what he is trying to do. If you look back there were alot of critics that said Peterson was not a good pick because of past injuries and the Vikings should have picked a quarterback. Well, it ended up a great pick to let a young rookie running back make an impact this year. Another reason is there was a very high probability that a rookie quarterback would take 3-5 years to develop. He is trying to develop young talent with lasting effects. He obviously sees TJ at practice everyday and there is talent there. I admire his patience, however, fans can be really impatient. If you look at the Steelers for instance, waiting on Cordell Stewart to develop almost cost Bill Cowher his job. Cordell Stewart never developed and the Steelers were better without him. I hope this isn't the case with TJ. I hope he develops and Coach Childress will be a hero.
    Go Vikings

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Childress' Vikings still being shaped[/size]

Posted on Thu, Oct. 25, 2007

By Ray Parrillo
    Inquirer Staff Writer

Brad Childress was saying he learned much under Andy Reid during his seven years as an assistant coach with the Eagles, the last four as offensive coordinator, before he became head coach of the Minnesota Vikings two years ago......
    Thanks for those posts...the Philly writer mentions "long-range planning" was a key ingredient of Reid's tenure. I'm not sure Childress will have that luxury unless he shows us something worthwhile.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

"Kentzavol" wrote:
    I like Coach Childress and what he is trying to do. If you look back there were alot of critics that said Peterson was not a good pick because of past injuries and the Vikings should have picked a quarterback. Well, it ended up a great pick to let a young rookie running back make an impact this year. Another reason is there was a very high probability that a rookie quarterback would take 3-5 years to develop. He is trying to develop young talent with lasting effects. He obviously sees TJ at practice everyday and there is talent there. I admire his patience, however, fans can be really impatient. If you look at the Steelers for instance, waiting on Cordell Stewart to develop almost cost Bill Cowher his job. Cordell Stewart never developed and the Steelers were better without him. I hope this isn't the case with TJ. I hope he develops and Coach Childress will be a hero.
    I give credit were credit is due, however, the Chiller doesn't get credit for drafting AD or any player for that matter.

That was a organizational pick.
    If anyone person should get credit for AD, it should be the medical dept who said the the shoulder wouldn't be an issue.

Or do you believe like most on here that the Chiller does the medical stuff along with writing contracts and things like that along with coaching?
    Just kidding my friend.
    ;D

Kentzavol is offline Waterboy

I was not really trying to give Childress the credit even though it came over that way. Sure it was an organizational pick ! I am just happy we have AD.
    Go Vikings

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast