Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Childress is upbeat despite rough start

http://www.startribune.com/507/story/1463285.html
    The Vikings have only won once in four games, but their coach sees plenty of reasons for optimism as the schedule becomes more difficult.
    There are some positives about the Vikings' 1-3 record, including that they have outscored the opposition 67-59, even though there has been nothing but criticism of the offense...
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Childress is upbeat despite rough start

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    http://www.startribune.com/507/story/1463285.html
    The Vikings have only won once in four games, but their coach sees plenty of reasons for optimism as the schedule becomes more difficult.
    There are some positives about the Vikings' 1-3 record, including that they have outscored the opposition 67-59, even though there has been nothing but criticism of the offense...
    It's hard to buy the outscored the oppostion arguement when you have only hung up one W in four attempts.
    ???

But I am feeling more optomistic with the continued explosiveness of Peterson and a decent receiving corps.
    Yes I said it we have good wide receivers.
    Rice is going to be a Vikings star. Wade has already proven himself reliable. And Williamson is showing some improvement. Shiancoe is catching almost everything thrown to him.

We just need a qb and a little better O-line play.

The play calling has improved some and hopefully will continue to improve.

A pathetic preseason special team has become the top st in the NFL.

If that can turn around. Maybe the offense can.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Frostbite is offline Coach

Well....I certainly would expect ANY Quality coach to certainly say this, and try to show this type of attitude to the press..fans...and the organization overall. Whatelse can he do?? I don't think any NFL coach with a 1 and 3 record with two divisional losses would dare not to try and put forth a positive tone and point to areas of optimism. With that said I am hopeful that is attitude will carry into the next game and the players will rally around it. (We can always hope)

This season is beyond critical mass....the explosion is coming....and Coach Childress might be right in the middle of it. I do believe he also knows this and is making an effort to put the best foot forward. Let's all hope for the best. I am anxious to see how Mr. upbeat (Childress) prepares the team for the upcoming game.

Cheers!

Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

PurplePowerPunch is offline Pro-Bowler

No more talking from Chilli anymore. He needs to get us in gear, or it's gonna be a long season for Viking fans.

ALL DAY!!!

vike68 is offline Rookie

this guy is upbeat no matter what, he shows no emotion on the field what so ever, and to be quite frank.. IT PISSES ME OFF. get mad or something for crying out loud, i havent seen this guy smile or anything,

i bet hes a great poker player,

he might have to become one after we fail to make the playoffs the next 3 years. maybe by that time wilf wont be so much "behind childress".

im so tired of this head coach allready, bring denny back atleast he gave us a opportunity to make the superbowl

i hate the idea of dieing before another winning season

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"vike68" wrote:
    this guy is upbeat no matter what, he shows no emotion on the field what so ever, and to be quite frank.. IT PISSES ME OFF. get mad or something for crying out loud, i havent seen this guy smile or anything,

i bet hes a great poker player,

he might have to become one after we fail to make the playoffs the next 3 years. maybe by that time wilf wont be so much "behind childress".

im so tired of this head coach allready, bring denny back atleast he gave us a opportunity to make the superbowl
    I've seen him on more than one occasion get in a players face. Here also is a bit taken from an article I posted just yesterday;

Coach Brad Childress was attempting to regain his composure, having hurled his headset and spiked a water cup during a sideline tantrum.
    http://www.startribune.com/510/story/1455225.html

I've been to all the home games, so I didn't have the benefit of watching them all on TV. What is his reaction after getting a TD or a turnover?

Also, showing emotion doesn't necessarily mean a bad coach.

Can you say Bud Grant?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

i have no problem with a coach who shows their emotions!!

it's better then the sneaky #$!!#$ who sits back and lets it all run off like rain!!

at least the pasionit one will move foward.. as long as they can use their mind over the emotions.. let him rant and rave all he wants!!

Also, he's right.. we are right there.. DST we are a force!!
    WR's are not dropping ever pass, and we have a run game that we havn't seen in a LOONG time!!

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

vike68 is offline Rookie

maybe so singer, but i have yet to see ANY emotion. articles are one thing, he hasnt shown anyone whos been at the games or watched them on tv any sign of caring. even after losing, he doesnt care. i simply cant take a coach that doesnt fire his team up, i like a coach that inspires his team to play. i bet before they come on to the field he doesnt have a nice speech to say or anything like that.

"lets go play football fellas"
    *walks onto field*
    *ref makes bad call*
    *childress blank face*
    *ref bad call*
    *childress blank face*
    *ref bad call*
    *childress blank face*
    *after game interview*
    *blank face*

i hate the idea of dieing before another winning season

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"vike68" wrote:
    maybe so singer, but i have yet to see ANY emotion. articles are one thing, he hasnt shown anyone whos been at the games or watched them on tv any sign of caring. even after losing, he doesnt care. i simply cant take a coach that doesnt fire his team up, i like a coach that inspires his team to play. i bet before they come on to the field he doesnt have a nice speech to say or anything like that.

"lets go play football fellas"
    *walks onto field*
    *ref makes bad call*
    *childress blank face*
    *ref bad call*
    *childress blank face*
    *ref bad call*
    *childress blank face*
    *after game interview*
    *blank face*
    Throwing a headset & spiking a cup is not showing emotion?

Are you saying the writer made this all up?

I've said I've watched him get in the face of players before.

Are you calling me a liar?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

I've seen some emotion from Childress, spit coming out of his mouth as he was passionantly coaching Tarvaris a couple weeks ago. He might not be a big rah-rah guy, but he has a subtle fire that commanders need. They must also keep an even keel in the heat of battle.

We have been close in every game, and I see improvement everyweek on offense. T-Jack should be back against the bears, and right now I'm saying that there is no way we go 0-3 in our division. The bears are ripe for the picking, and it's time for a few things to go our way.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast