Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Childress talks about the Vikings

Here are links to two interviews Brad Childress recently did with KFAN. In them he gives answers to a lot of the questions we all have as Vikings fans. Good interviews.
    Interview #1:
    http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18227/1h/cchannel.download.akamai.com/18227/podcast/MINNEAPOLIS-MN/KFAN-AM/Childress1_72106-Track%201.mp3
    Interview #2:
    http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18227/1h/cchannel.download.akamai.com/18227/podcast/MINNEAPOLIS-MN/KFAN-AM/BradChildress2_72106-Track%201.mp3
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Re: Childress talks about the Vikings

Thanks - good find

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

TTT
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Man, my computer is being slow as of late.. Could someone please translate what the talk of the interviews were? Thanks..

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

They talked about pretty much everything going on..

He said that proberly the biggest move in the offseason, wasnt really a move.. but that we had Birk back.. and he's going the be a big factor in the coming season..

He also said that he was watching some video from New Orleans with Dwight Smith, and were looking to bring him in if they liked what they saw..

He said that Chester Taylor was the number one runningback on the team, and he was confident that he could be a starter in this league..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Thanks for the good listening Cojomay...

Lots of positive things Brad had to say.......

If you listen to the first interview though, he did mess up on one thing, when asked who he thought was our greatest pickup during the FA market he said CHAD Hutchinson......LOL

I think he ment to say Steve Hutchinson........But thats okay, maybe he will piss off ole Steve and send him on the field with a bit of an attitude.......Let the games begin......Yes Sirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Prophet Guest

KFFL
    Vikings | Childress discusses T. Williamson being an every-down WR
    Sun, 23 Jul 2006 07:19:51 -0700

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, recently interviewed Minnesota Vikings head coach Brad Childress and he asked him about WR Troy Williamson being an every-down wide receiver and he replied: "Certainly, he's got a different deck of cards that have been dealt to him. But I would say he's tough-minded enough, and he's had enough adversity in his lifetime that he's dealt with this one, and he'll put himself into shape. He's already been in town recently to work with (receivers coach) Darrell Wyatt."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Childress discusses K. Robinson
    Sun, 23 Jul 2006 07:17:52 -0700

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, recently interviewed Minnesota Vikings head coach Brad Childress and he asked him about WR Koren Robinson being the team's No. 1 wide receiver. Childress replied: "He is our No. 1 receiver, and I think each of those guys will establish how many downs they're on the field. But the more contributors you have, the better. But I have every reason to believe he is (our No. 1 receiver)." Childress was asked what impressed him about Robinson and he replied: "This offense is a catch-and-run offense, so you're talking about a bigger body guy who has some niftiness and some elusiveness, so that lends itself to this offense."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Childress responds to talk about C. Taylor criticism
    Sun, 23 Jul 2006 07:15:32 -0700

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, recently interviewed Minnesota Vikings head coach Brad Childress and he asked him about the team not being thrilled with RB Chester Taylor. Childress replied: "If I could give you an analogy. In college recruiting, there's that period where you're being wooed by this school and that school. You go through that rubber chicken circuit, where they bring you in and feed you a big meal. Then you need to make sure that you're taking care of yourself physically. Typically, you see that with all the free agents, everybody that travels and takes trips. So I would say this: Each and everyone, and he's not the lone ranger, had to work on their conditioning level from minicamp one to the end, and I would say they all progressed. He was quite a different guy in the second minicamp than he was in the first minicamp."

vikeswin2005 is offline Hall of Famer

thx 4 the info prophet

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I can't wait to see how much better this team is this year under Childress. I just have a feeling we are going to execute about 1000x better this year than we did under Tice. I think our underachieving Vikings may actually reach their potential under Coach C. C'MON FOOTBALL SEASON!

PurplePride80 is offline Star Spokesman

"Ltrey33" wrote:
    I can't wait to see how much better this team is this year under Childress. I just have a feeling we are going to execute about 1000x better this year than we did under Tice. I think our underachieving Vikings may actually reach their potential under Coach C. C'MON FOOTBALL SEASON!
    Don't get too excited, head coaches usually don't do that well in their first year.
    In the P.J.'s, my blend tape plays, bullets are strays
    Young bitches is grazed
    Each block, is like a maze, full of black rats trapped
    Plus the Island is packed
    From what I hear in all the stories when my peoples come back, black

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast