Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Childress talks about curious late-game call

Meh it didnt bug me!

Keep your foot on their throat

As long as Brett threw it far enough so it's either incomplete or a catch.. That was my only deal

And he did that so I was like cool!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"V4L" wrote:
    Meh it didnt bug me!

Keep your foot on their throat

As long as Brett threw it far enough so it's either incomplete or a catch.. That was my only deal

And he did that so I was like cool!
    +1
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

That pass didn't puzzle me any where near what the wildcat play did. There was no need for it [wildcat].

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"singersp" wrote:
    That pass didn't puzzle me any where's near what the wildcat play did. There was no need for it [wildcat].
    There's never a need for it. But when you buy a new toy, you want to play with it.

It wasn't effective but was entertaining. I guess it also gives defenses one more thing to think about.

I liked the pass attempt to Berrian. Final nail in the coffin type of play.

It's easy to criticize play calling in retrospect. People would have had a different perspective had it been completed.

Our defense affords us the opportunity to take these chances. I applaud the call.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I liked the call. We have been way too conservative in the past 3 years so seeing them take a shot down the field like gives the packers something else to prepare for in the next game and it also gives future opponents more things to prepare for instead of just worrying about defending the run and the first 3 yards of the field on a 3rd and 5.

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I liked the call. We have been way too conservative in the past 3 years so seeing them take a shot down the field like gives the packers something else to prepare for in the next game and it also gives future opponents more things to prepare for instead of just worrying about defending the run and the first 3 yards of the field on a 3rd and 5.
    I agree. Everyone always complains about how boring and predictable the Chillis or Bevells play calling is. They went out on a limb and called a gutsy play. Good for them if you ask me. Finally growing a set. Plus the added fog of war for a D coordinator on teams coming up. Little extra to think about/plan for.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

"battleaxe4cheese" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I agree. Everyone always complains about how boring and predictable the Chillis or Bevells play calling is. They went out on a limb and called a gutsy play. Good for them if you ask me. Finally growing a set. Plus the added fog of war for a D coordinator on teams coming up. Little extra to think about/plan for.
    Exactly boys.
    Get teams thinking that this isn't the same ultra conservative Vikings offense and it will keep them more honest. Of course, making the completion would have been better, but getting opponents to open their minds to the idea that this Vikings team isn't afraid to take a shot at unpredictable times is a good thing.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

I thought it might have been Favre that wanted to put the dagger in the Pack.
    It didn't seem like a Chilly/Bevell thing to do.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

It was dam near a completion, if it was, we wouldn't even have this topic.....Good job on keeping the Pack on their heals if you ask me...

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"NordicNed" wrote:
    It was dam near a completion, if it was, we wouldn't even have this topic.....Good job on keeping the Pack on their heals if you ask me...
    Amen

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast