Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Childress talks about curious late-game call

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Re: Childress talks about curious late-game call

[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]Favre's performance vaults him to No. 3 rating, but last pass was a head scratcher[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ead-scratcher/
    Marrdro's comments follow:

This cat hates us doesn't he.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]Childress explains long pass late in game[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

http://blogs.twincities.com/Vikings/...ng-pass-l.html
    Marrdro's comment follows:

Different take with a bit of purple Kool Aid mixed in.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

At times, I like to do the opposite of what the defense thinks you are going to do. It's great to keep a defender
    thinking, and make him react to something he doesn't expect. It's human nature to lean toward the high percentage option and react accordingly, and in that case he might lose a fraction of a second, which is all the QB and receiver need for success.

As far as Florio, yeah, he hates us...and I wouldn't even flatter him by referring to him as a cat; he's a pussy.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Freya is offline Team Alumni

I was not happy about that play being called. However, we played until the end the week before and it turned an almost certain L into a W. Who among us, wasn't happy about that? Consistency, is a good thing.

Those articles are the most outrageous load of pig shit I've read so far this year. One might hope they step in their own pile.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Freya" wrote:
    I was not happy about that play being called. However, we played until the end the week before and it turned an almost certain L into a W. Who among us, wasn't happy about that? Consistency, is a good thing.

Those articles are the most outrageous load of pig shit I've read so far this year. One might hope they step in their own pile.
    I did like the pass call, moving the chains could finish them off, however going deep isn't the way to do it.
    We had great success all day throwing short and intermediate routes, why not do that instead of the low percentage thro?

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

I like how immediately people start saying it's Brett Favre trying to "stick it to the Packers," and that there's no WAY Childress called that call, and if he did he was just trying to please Brett.
    There's nothing I like more in the world than to hear about the epic story of Favre's Revenge.
    Because Favre is Captain Ahab and thinks of nothing else.
    Favre even planned the Vikings being behind against the 49ers so he could come back and get all the glory for himself.

Oh, no wait.
    That's the same annoying pooh that I hear every time ESPN deigns to talk about the Vikings, and I'm sick to death of it.

My bad.
    I get the two confused sometimes.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Meh...was it dumb?
    In hindsight, yeah.
    But given the circumstances of the game at that moment it raises the "low percentage" significantly.
    We hit that pass and the game is over, and we go into the next coming weeks with even more confidence.
    I'm sure Favre would not make that particular through if Berrian hadn't burned his defender (wouldn't risk an INT in that particular situation)...not sure what he would do though...take a knee if nobody got open?

Plus they know that even if it is incomplete the game goes back into the hands of our defense which isn't the worst situation in the world.

Overall not a good decision but I see where the play call came from.
    Not the end of the world and I really don't blame Childress or Bevell for the call.
    Sometimes you take chances.
    Stick that knife in your division rival.
    Break them down even more mentally for our next matchup.
    ;D

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Expect the Unexpected,
    I think we are going to see this for most of the season from this Offense...We've only just begun to mesh and play like an Offensive unit should...And as I've said before somewhere, I expect us to really shine from week 5 and thru out the remander of the season....

Now we need to roll thru the Rams/Ravens/Steelers.....What a start that would be !
    And very possible if you ask me.

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Freya" wrote:

I did like the pass call, moving the chains could finish them off, however going deep isn't the way to do it.

We had great success all day throwing short and intermediate routes, why not do that instead of the low percentage thro?
    To be honest, I wanted them to call the play-action on FIRST down (ask Mars).
    Berrian was singled up on the outside with no safety help.

Oh - and CHILDRESS DOESN'T CALL THE FUCKING PLAYS (that's for others in this thread, IBP, not you).

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast