Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    ChicagoSteel is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    20

    Childress takes shot at Roethlisberger

    Not sure what "Chilly" is thinking here, but Ben usually plays even better when he has a chip on his shoulder.
    He might go for 400 again this week.

    http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/pos...and-pittsburgh

    “Roethlisberger’s come a long way since making eight throws a game and handing the ball off,” Minnesota coach Brad Childress said. “I don’t think they’re at all that kind of football team anymore.

  2. #2
    happy camper's Avatar
    happy camper is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,445

    Re: Childress takes shot at Roethlisberger

    Sounds like a compliment.

    He is essentially saying Ben is a lot better than he used to be. And he is right.

    Are you a chilly hater trying to stir something up?
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

  3. #3
    ChicagoSteel is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    20

    Re: Childress takes shot at Roethlisberger

    Neither - just wondering why an NFL coach would believe that Ben wasn't a big part of the Steelers success before this year.
    Eight throws a game?


    Maybe he was joking.

  4. #4
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Childress takes shot at Roethlisberger

    Not sure that is a shot.
    More along the lines of a compliment.
    Anyone who has listened to Big Ben speak about his first year and his first SB will tell you, he isn't very complimentary of his performance.

    He almost sounds exactly like what the Chiller said.
    My guess, Big Ben didn't/won't take it as a shot but will take it as a compliment.

    On a side note, I get tired of the whole "don't givem bulletin board material" crap that the press spews. Does anyone really believe a comment or two is gonna make a player play harder?
    I don't.
    That player is a professional and should be playing as hard as he can regardless of what anyone might say.
    If he isn't, he should go find another job.

    Anyway, I love it when a team is confident enough to hang it out there and say "We are gonna kick your ass".
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #5
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Childress takes shot at Roethlisberger

    When I think of these two teams matching up it's tough to not think about the purple people eaters versus the steel curtain.
    Jump to today and even though the statistics may show something different, both of these teams are capable of killing you through the air or on the ground.
    Should be an epic battle.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  6. #6
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Childress takes shot at Roethlisberger

    "ChicagoSteel" wrote:
    Neither - just wondering why an NFL coach would believe that Ben wasn't a big part of the Steelers success before this year.
    Eight throws a game?



    Maybe he was joking.
    My guess is he was refering to the 2005 season, when there were several games that they won despite Big Ben only completing 7-9 passes... including the superbowl.
    http://www.nfl.com/players/benroethl...81&season=2005
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  7. #7
    ChicagoSteel is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    20

    Re: Childress takes shot at Roethlisberger

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "ChicagoSteel" wrote:
    Neither - just wondering why an NFL coach would believe that Ben wasn't a big part of the Steelers success before this year.
    Eight throws a game?



    Maybe he was joking.
    My guess is he was refering to the 2005 season, when there were several games that they won despite Big Ben only completing 7-9 passes... including the superbowl.
    The Super Bowl XL performance has dogged Ben most of his career, unfortunately overshadowing his brilliant playoff performance leading up to it.



    Also, a lot of these "low attempt" games came only because Cowher pulled the plug after the Steelers built a lead.
    Ben would get his numbers in the first half and Bettis would salt away the game in the 2nd.
    i.e., it wasn't like Ben didn't contribute.
    Case in point, the 9/11 performance in the opener that year was all first half.

  8. #8
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Childress takes shot at Roethlisberger

    It would be really unlike Childress to take a shot at anybody...well except for his punter.
    I really don't think this was an attempt at discrediting Ben.

  9. #9
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Childress takes shot at Roethlisberger

    "ChicagoSteel" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "ChicagoSteel" wrote:
    Neither - just wondering why an NFL coach would believe that Ben wasn't a big part of the Steelers success before this year.
    Eight throws a game?



    Maybe he was joking.
    My guess is he was refering to the 2005 season, when there were several games that they won despite Big Ben only completing 7-9 passes... including the superbowl.
    The Super Bowl XL performance has dogged Ben most of his career, unfortunately overshadowing his brilliant playoff performance leading up to it.



    Also, a lot of these "low attempt" games came only because Cowher pulled the plug after the Steelers built a lead.

    Ben would get his numbers in the first half and Bettis would salt away the game in the 2nd.

    i.e., it wasn't like Ben didn't contribute.

    Case in point, the 9/11 performance in the opener that year was all first half.

    While I don't disagree with Ben's ability (I am a Big Ben fan), you said that Childress was taking a shot at Roethlisberger.
    He wasn't.
    In fact, he was paying him a compliment, saying he has come a long was since Super Bowl XL.
    And he has.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  10. #10
    AngloVike's Avatar
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Sandhurst, UK
    Posts
    6,776
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Childress takes shot at Roethlisberger

    "ChicagoSteel" wrote:
    Not sure what "Chilly" is thinking here, but Ben usually plays even better when he has a chip on his shoulder.
    He might go for 400 again this week.

    http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/pos...and-pittsburgh

    “Roethlisberger’s come a long way since making eight throws a game and handing the ball off,” Minnesota coach Brad Childress said. “I don’t think they’re at all that kind of football team anymore.
    on that basis he should have been a Vikes QB for the last three years
    ;D
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Favre's takes a groin shot
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 10-16-2010, 05:38 PM
  2. Vikings' Robison takes his best shot
    By VikingMike in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-20-2009, 02:32 PM
  3. AP takes shot at projecting NFL draft
    By singersp in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-11-2006, 01:29 PM
  4. SNL takes a shot at the Vikes.
    By Mr Anderson in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 11-15-2005, 08:00 AM
  5. Report: TO Takes A Shot At McNabb
    By Burley81 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 04-16-2005, 04:16 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •