Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ChicagoSteel is offline Training Camp

Childress takes shot at Roethlisberger

Not sure what "Chilly" is thinking here, but Ben usually plays even better when he has a chip on his shoulder.
    He might go for 400 again this week.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/pos...and-pittsburgh

“Roethlisberger’s come a long way since making eight throws a game and handing the ball off,” Minnesota coach Brad Childress said. “I don’t think they’re at all that kind of football team anymore.

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

Re: Childress takes shot at Roethlisberger

Sounds like a compliment.

He is essentially saying Ben is a lot better than he used to be. And he is right.

Are you a chilly hater trying to stir something up?
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

Neither - just wondering why an NFL coach would believe that Ben wasn't a big part of the Steelers success before this year.
    Eight throws a game?

Maybe he was joking.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Not sure that is a shot.
    More along the lines of a compliment.
    Anyone who has listened to Big Ben speak about his first year and his first SB will tell you, he isn't very complimentary of his performance.

He almost sounds exactly like what the Chiller said.
    My guess, Big Ben didn't/won't take it as a shot but will take it as a compliment.

On a side note, I get tired of the whole "don't givem bulletin board material" crap that the press spews. Does anyone really believe a comment or two is gonna make a player play harder?
    I don't.
    That player is a professional and should be playing as hard as he can regardless of what anyone might say.
    If he isn't, he should go find another job.

Anyway, I love it when a team is confident enough to hang it out there and say "We are gonna kick your ass".
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

When I think of these two teams matching up it's tough to not think about the purple people eaters versus the steel curtain.
    Jump to today and even though the statistics may show something different, both of these teams are capable of killing you through the air or on the ground.
    Should be an epic battle.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"ChicagoSteel" wrote:
    Neither - just wondering why an NFL coach would believe that Ben wasn't a big part of the Steelers success before this year.
    Eight throws a game?

Maybe he was joking.
    My guess is he was refering to the 2005 season, when there were several games that they won despite Big Ben only completing 7-9 passes... including the superbowl.
    http://www.nfl.com/players/benroethl...81&season=2005
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "ChicagoSteel" wrote:
    Eight throws a game?

Maybe he was joking.
    My guess is he was refering to the 2005 season, when there were several games that they won despite Big Ben only completing 7-9 passes... including the superbowl.
    The Super Bowl XL performance has dogged Ben most of his career, unfortunately overshadowing his brilliant playoff performance leading up to it.

Also, a lot of these "low attempt" games came only because Cowher pulled the plug after the Steelers built a lead.
    Ben would get his numbers in the first half and Bettis would salt away the game in the 2nd.
    i.e., it wasn't like Ben didn't contribute.
    Case in point, the 9/11 performance in the opener that year was all first half.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

It would be really unlike Childress to take a shot at anybody...well except for his punter.
    I really don't think this was an attempt at discrediting Ben.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"ChicagoSteel" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "ChicagoSteel" wrote:
    Eight throws a game?

Maybe he was joking.
    The Super Bowl XL performance has dogged Ben most of his career, unfortunately overshadowing his brilliant playoff performance leading up to it.

Also, a lot of these "low attempt" games came only because Cowher pulled the plug after the Steelers built a lead.

Ben would get his numbers in the first half and Bettis would salt away the game in the 2nd.

i.e., it wasn't like Ben didn't contribute.

Case in point, the 9/11 performance in the opener that year was all first half.

While I don't disagree with Ben's ability (I am a Big Ben fan), you said that Childress was taking a shot at Roethlisberger.
    He wasn't.
    In fact, he was paying him a compliment, saying he has come a long was since Super Bowl XL.
    And he has.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"ChicagoSteel" wrote:
    Not sure what "Chilly" is thinking here, but Ben usually plays even better when he has a chip on his shoulder.
    He might go for 400 again this week.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/pos...and-pittsburgh

“Roethlisberger’s come a long way since making eight throws a game and handing the ball off,” Minnesota coach Brad Childress said. “I don’t think they’re at all that kind of football team anymore.
    on that basis he should have been a Vikes QB for the last three years
    ;D
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast