VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Childress stressing up-tempo practices

"singersp" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "stateVIKE44" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "jdvike" wrote:
    Post well, post often, and titles don't matter. IMO
    They do to me. It makes searching for them later much easier & it's nice to know what the thread is about based on the title before you open it.

With thread titles like "WTF????" & "You gotta see this!!!" a person hasn't got a clue as to the thread topic. :wink:

IMO, topic titles of that nature are assanine.
    i believe he meant titles like; Waterboy, Rookie, Pro-browler, PP.O anchorman, etc, dont matter

Yes, I believe you are right... Don't worry, just Singers jumping the gun again.. :lol:
    What do you mean again?

When I see "posts" & "titles" in the same sentence, it's easy to think he meant thread titles. :wink:

:sign5: I knew you would respond eventually.. Just wasn't sure how you were going to respond.. :smile:

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

I am definitely ready for some football.............NOW!

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

damien927 is offline Asst. Coach

what excites me the most about this story is that Smoot is up to 200 lbs and is in "optimal shape". He was listed at 174 lbs. for last year. 26 lbs of muscle could really help him in defending bigger recievers and maybe bring an overall toughness that is similar to his mouth.

Thanks Lotza!

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    I am definitely ready for some football.............NOW!
    Start the season in August instead of Spetember so the Super Bowl can be in January again. The Offseason is too long.

bigdaddy72_1 is offline Starter

I am really excited to hear about how the offseason strength program has impacted the team. There are so many players in the NFL that let themselves go in the offseason, and never get better. A program like this will put our players in position to improve everyday. Staying in shape allows the team to concetrate on football during mini/training camps rather than having to compensate for those guys who are dragging a$$.

It is wonderful to hear from the players how much they appreciate what new owner has done for them. These guys feel like evryone cares and is giving them a chance. Rather than having to complain about subpar facilities and infrastructure.

Childress continues to impress me. He has a very serious and professional approach to EVERY aspect of this franchise. Creating a tempo like he has will definitely translate to much more comfortable players at game time. Young guys won't be wondering what the NFL is like, they will know because he is demanding the best effort out of everyone. And I really hope there aren't people out there going, "But if he keeps pushing them so hard they will be wore out by the time the season is here." That is complete crap. I went through two polar-opposite style hockey coaches when I was playing in high school. The one worked us hard all year long, through practice, weight lifting, conditioning, etc. While the other one let the players do what they wanted to do during the offseason, so when the season came around we had to waste practice time because we had to make sure that everyone was in shape, taking time away from preparing for opponents and even just teaching the game (because no matter which sport you play you can never stop learning). And needless to say the seasons' outcomes were also very different. The year round disciplined coach lead us to a conference championship and a great showing at the state tournament. Whereas, the idiot (having only lost two varsity players from the previous year) barely qualified for the state tournament, and we looked like crap 95% of the season because I was much more tired from having to condition during the season rather the offseason. Childress is putting our team in great position to succeed.

GO VIKES!

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

Everybpdy is saying the right things and nice little jab at Mike Tice there...
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234