Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29
  1. #11
    baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,065

    Re: Childress' stock

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    What makes you think Brad had any input on the draft?
    Oh I don't know, maybe the fact he's the head coach and all could have something to do with it

  2. #12
    Mr-holland's Avatar
    Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,443

    Re: Childress' stock

    Last season was not good in winning games...
    it was good in building a whole new team, as will this year be

    i have confidence in BC and in the Vikings
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

  3. #13
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,403

    Re: Childress' stock

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    What makes you think Brad had any input on the draft?
    They were all pretty clear that everyones voice were heard this year.

    But your point is true. It were Spielman that were the head of the draft.

    Thanks to PPE for the sig.

  4. #14
    MaxVike's Avatar
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,507

    Re: Childress' stock

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    What makes you think Brad had any input on the draft?
    Does this answer your question?

    http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft07/insider/news/story?id=2823965

    Looks to me like the strategy worked...the Vikings War Room executed a solid, thoughtful draft which should address most of the needs of a very needy team.
    Saturday and Sunday were pretty clear indications to me that they are on the right track and going the right direction.
    A RT or RG was not drafted, however, given how the draft fell, I concur with the boys that nobody could make as big of an impact as somebody on the team stepping up.

    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

  5. #15
    Big C is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    828

    Re: Childress' stock

    Chilli had a rough first year as Head Coach. He got burnt and seems to have learned. This draft was a good solid sign of a HC working with the personal department to build the team. Now if he follows through and hands off the play-calling and some of the offensive load to Bevel it would be awesome.

    He is a great head coach, but needs to distance himself from the offense and be there for the whole team. It worked for Linehan last year.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

  6. #16
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Childress' stock

    "Big" wrote:
    Chilli had a rough first year as Head Coach. He got burnt and seems to have learned. This draft was a good solid sign of a HC working with the personal department to build the team. Now if he follows through and hands off the play-calling and some of the offensive load to Bevel it would be awesome.

    He is a great head coach, but needs to distance himself from the offense and be there for the whole team. It worked for Linehan last year.
    Probably the truest statement regarding Childress so far this offseason.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  7. #17
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Childress' stock

    "baumy300" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    What makes you think Brad had any input on the draft?
    Oh I don't know, maybe the fact he's the head coach and all could have something to do with it
    Most people want to either hang or salute the head coaches by how a team drafts.
    Most head coaches are the minority when it comes to their input.

  8. #18
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Childress' stock

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "baumy300" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    What makes you think Brad had any input on the draft?
    Oh I don't know, maybe the fact he's the head coach and all could have something to do with it
    Most people want to either hang or salute the head coaches by how a team drafts.
    Most head coaches are the minority when it comes to their input.
    I would assume (yes I know...) that the HC gives some pretty valuable input as far as coachability of a player and how well they fit into the scheme.
    But you're right, in the end Speilman probably had more say in it.
    As it should be.
    I never liked the whole general manager/head coach mix idea.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  9. #19
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Childress' stock

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "baumy300" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    What makes you think Brad had any input on the draft?
    Oh I don't know, maybe the fact he's the head coach and all could have something to do with it
    Most people want to either hang or salute the head coaches by how a team drafts.
    Most head coaches are the minority when it comes to their input.
    I would assume (yes I know...) that the HC gives some pretty valuable input as far as coachability of a player and how well they fit into the scheme.
    But you're right, in the end Speilman probably had more say in it.
    As it should be.
    I never liked the whole general manager/head coach mix idea.
    Just look at the Titans last year.
    The front office wanted Young, and I believe Fisher want Lineart (sp).

  10. #20
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Childress' stock

    His stock will be determined by how he coaches the players that he has brought in. Last year he was out coached by every rookie coach he faced except Detroit's. If he gets his own guys and can turn it all around his stock will go up a great deal. If he gets his guys in place and still gets out coached, he will probably end up as a position coach somewhere in a few years.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How I See It: NFC North Stock Watch
    By Marrdro in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-28-2010, 03:33 PM
  2. How I See It: NFC North Stock Watch
    By Marrdro in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-29-2010, 01:32 PM
  3. MOVED: Childress' stock
    By ultravikingfan in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-30-2007, 02:34 PM
  4. Kellen Clemens: Duck's stock has made healthy gains
    By singersp in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-17-2006, 01:24 PM
  5. Are we the Laughing stock!?
    By PAvikesfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-23-2005, 01:54 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •