Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Re: Childress sticks up for AD in AD vs.LT debate

That's one thing I really like about AP, he's humble and he let's his actions speak for him. He does set lofty goals for himself, but that's not bragging or being arrogant, it's just setting your sights high and going for it. Big difference.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries

LT may be able to do more things.....

Take the NBA from 2000-2003 (for those that watch it) as an example.
    During those years you had players with very diverse games (Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett, etc..) but none of them was better than Shaquille O'neal.
    Shaq didn't have many moves.
    He wasn't going to shoot jumpers against you and would often air ball a free throw.
    However, what he did do he was flat out dominate at it and would make an opponent focus their entire defense around stopping him.

That is how I look at AD.

He can no doubt still improve but right now it takes 8-9 guys in the box just to slow him down.
    Like I said during the last preseason game.
    Tackling him is like trying to bring down a horse.
    You cannot hit him high and tackle him.
    Your only chance is to go low.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

The key in this debate is that LT has multiple seasons to back him up...
    when AD has as many season, then we can compare.

1.) Career so far
    2.) Age
    3.) health
    4.) Career at their respective ends

If this debate is about the here and now, then AD wins.

Freya is offline Team Alumni

"snowinapril" wrote:
    [size=13pt]L.T., the truth hurts: Peterson clearly is the best running back in the NFL[/size]

Septemper 3rd, 2009

By Vic Carucci
    |
    NFL.com
    Senior Columnist

Sorry, LaDainian Tomlinson, but you've got it wrong.

Adrian Peterson is, in fact, the best running back in the NFL. You're not.

At one time, you held that distinction. At one time, the comparisons between you and Jim Brown, the all-time gold standard for the position, were legitimate. At one time, you carried both the football and the fortunes of the San Diego Chargers
    Wow. How things change in a matter of a couple of years, in the NFL.

My condolences to LaDainian.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

"Prophet" wrote:
    I think Childress is Challenged Hillbilly Lover'd for getting sucked into the discussion.
    AD cannot hold a candle to LT until he learns to block effectivley and catch passes out of the backfield.

I like AD's response:

"The only thing I try to do is try to be the best, most complete player that I can be. And that means during the offseason if there's things that I can improve on, that make my game better, that will help the team, then those are things that I do. So that's what I'm going to continue to focus on and continue to do, and I'll let everyone else voice their opinion."
    I was in the same boat as you but then I re-read it... it was almost like Chilly was saying "duh, I'm going to say my football player is best".
    I'm not sure he was directly saying AD was better than LT... I think he was just saying "of course I'm going to think my player is the best".
    Maybe I misread it but I got the impression the author was twisting a bit for effect.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    I think Childress is Challenged Hillbilly Lover'd for getting sucked into the discussion.
    AD cannot hold a candle to LT until he learns to block effectivley and catch passes out of the backfield.

I like AD's response:

"The only thing I try to do is try to be the best, most complete player that I can be. And that means during the offseason if there's things that I can improve on, that make my game better, that will help the team, then those are things that I do. So that's what I'm going to continue to focus on and continue to do, and I'll let everyone else voice their opinion."
    I was in the same boat as you but then I re-read it... it was almost like Chilly was saying "duh, I'm going to say my football player is best".
    I'm not sure he was directly saying AD was better than LT... I think he was just saying "of course I'm going to think my player is the best".
    Maybe I misread it but I got the impression the author was twisting a bit for effect.
    Probably true.
    Your explanation of Childress' response is more plausible.

Sponge Bob Square Pants - Patrick finds his head
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Freya is offline Team Alumni

"Prophet" wrote:

I like AD's response:

Yes, I like that response too.
    It sounded kinda similar to TJacks comments on that other thread. Humble, not braggish.
    ;D

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Freya" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

I like AD's response:

It sounded kinda similar to TJacks comments on that other thread. Humble, not braggish.
    ;D
    Yes, both seem humble.
    One has something to be humble about and the other does not.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Freya" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

I like AD's response:

;D
    Yes, both seem humble.
    One has something to be humble about and the other does not.
    Until he stops fumbling, learns to pass block, and can route great routes and catch the ball he has plenty to be humble about... Peterson may be the best NFL player in the league with the ball in his hands but when it's not, he has some things to improve on.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

lol, it was my understanding that its not even AD vs. LT anymore, its more AD vs. Portis, Deangelo, etc.
    LT's way down everyones list now.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast