Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 156
  1. #101
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: Childress sticks up for AD in AD vs.LT debate


    "soonerbornNbred" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    AD still struggles with blitz pick-ups but he IS improving over last year from what I've seen.
    your kidding right ?
    The first sack on Favre was AD's pass protection.

    He got one hit on his guy. Him and McKinnie's guy got slid in and collapsed the pocket.

    AD could have done better.

  2. #102
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,889

    Re: Childress sticks up for AD in AD vs.LT debate

    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    "soonerbornNbred" wrote:
    This right heres what cracks me up about a few on here...No player gives more to the Vikings and Delivers more, yet a "few fans" want to critique one of the best to ever play the game...as if they are some great football mind, its laughable
    Jim Brown, Marshall Faulk, Emmit Smith all rave about his abilities but a few on here love to point at their perceived expertize that he falls short...
    even after he pukes his guts out to try to get back on the field... Pumps in a IV to get back on the field, bandage him up because hes spewing blood to help this team WIN...and still a few go back and look at replay after replay and say oooo see here he missed this or that. Truly laughable
    You say my remark about his improving, but not yet good, blocking is so absurd that it must be a joke.
    Then you criticize others (myself included) for supporting what we said... THAT is laughable...

    There is NO other back I would rather have. Period. End of argument. I say that in skill alone, let alone the heart and character you point out (and I completely agree with).
    However, he is not perfect.
    He does not get "100"'s in every Madden category as you seem to feel he should get.
    That's just life, he's the best there is at what he does, but he's not perfect.
    You need to realize that just having things to work on does not mean one is awful at what they do...
    He's a guy with 2 years of experience, he shouldn't be the best at everything.
    This is the first level in which he has been asked to do anything other than hang on to the ball and run like hell because he was so amazing at it, nobody needed more from him.
    He didn't catch many passes or block as much in college because he didn't have to.
    Now he needs to learn; he's making progress - and great progress according to the coaches.

    My original statement is as much a testament to his progress and work ethic as it is pointing out he isn't perfect...
    Very good post Thor.
    No doubt there are areas of his game he could improve on, but that takes nothing away from the fact that he is the best RB in the NFL right now and no one I would rather have on our team.
    Right EJ?
    Or are you still hanging on to Michael Turner?

  3. #103
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,281

    Re: Childress sticks up for AD in AD vs.LT debate

    "tastywaves" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    "soonerbornNbred" wrote:
    This right heres what cracks me up about a few on here...No player gives more to the Vikings and Delivers more, yet a "few fans" want to critique one of the best to ever play the game...as if they are some great football mind, its laughable
    Jim Brown, Marshall Faulk, Emmit Smith all rave about his abilities but a few on here love to point at their perceived expertize that he falls short...
    even after he pukes his guts out to try to get back on the field... Pumps in a IV to get back on the field, bandage him up because hes spewing blood to help this team WIN...and still a few go back and look at replay after replay and say oooo see here he missed this or that. Truly laughable
    You say my remark about his improving, but not yet good, blocking is so absurd that it must be a joke.
    Then you criticize others (myself included) for supporting what we said... THAT is laughable...

    There is NO other back I would rather have. Period. End of argument.
    I say that in skill alone, let alone the heart and character you point out (and I completely agree with).
    However, he is not perfect.
    He does not get "100"'s in every Madden category as you seem to feel he should get.
    That's just life, he's the best there is at what he does, but he's not perfect.
    You need to realize that just having things to work on does not mean one is awful at what they do...
    He's a guy with 2 years of experience, he shouldn't be the best at everything.
    This is the first level in which he has been asked to do anything other than hang on to the ball and run like hell because he was so amazing at it, nobody needed more from him.
    He didn't catch many passes or block as much in college because he didn't have to.
    Now he needs to learn; he's making progress - and great progress according to the coaches.

    My original statement is as much a testament to his progress and work ethic as it is pointing out he isn't perfect...
    Very good post Thor.
    No doubt there are areas of his game he could improve on, but that takes nothing away from the fact that he is the best RB in the NFL right now and no one I would rather have on our team.
    Right EJ?
    Or are you still hanging on to Michael Turner?

    I think the fact that Peterson has so much room for improvement actually makes him a more valuable player. If he ever realizes his full potential in blocking and recieving he will be the best back ever.

  4. #104
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Childress sticks up for AD in AD vs.LT debate

    "tastywaves" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    "soonerbornNbred" wrote:
    This right heres what cracks me up about a few on here...No player gives more to the Vikings and Delivers more, yet a "few fans" want to critique one of the best to ever play the game...as if they are some great football mind, its laughable
    Jim Brown, Marshall Faulk, Emmit Smith all rave about his abilities but a few on here love to point at their perceived expertize that he falls short...
    even after he pukes his guts out to try to get back on the field... Pumps in a IV to get back on the field, bandage him up because hes spewing blood to help this team WIN...and still a few go back and look at replay after replay and say oooo see here he missed this or that. Truly laughable
    You say my remark about his improving, but not yet good, blocking is so absurd that it must be a joke.
    Then you criticize others (myself included) for supporting what we said... THAT is laughable...

    There is NO other back I would rather have. Period. End of argument. I say that in skill alone, let alone the heart and character you point out (and I completely agree with).
    However, he is not perfect.
    He does not get "100"'s in every Madden category as you seem to feel he should get.
    That's just life, he's the best there is at what he does, but he's not perfect.
    You need to realize that just having things to work on does not mean one is awful at what they do...
    He's a guy with 2 years of experience, he shouldn't be the best at everything.
    This is the first level in which he has been asked to do anything other than hang on to the ball and run like hell because he was so amazing at it, nobody needed more from him.
    He didn't catch many passes or block as much in college because he didn't have to.
    Now he needs to learn; he's making progress - and great progress according to the coaches.

    My original statement is as much a testament to his progress and work ethic as it is pointing out he isn't perfect...
    Very good post Thor.
    No doubt there are areas of his game he could improve on, but that takes nothing away from the fact that he is the best RB in the NFL right now and no one I would rather have on our team.
    Right EJ?
    Or are you still hanging on to Michael Turner?
    ;D Like I stated I would highly think about it.
    I won't change my mind from just one game.
    I still think AP is the best pure runner in the NFL.
    But I also believe Turner is better at coming out of the backfield and blocking.
    Plus he hasn't put the ball on the ground as much.
    If APs first game was a sign of things to come then there is no way in hell I would say Turner is a better all around back.
    But still it takes more than one game for me to change my mind.
    Fair enough?

  5. #105
    soonerbornNbred is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    357

    Re: Childress sticks up for AD in AD vs.LT debate

    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    "soonerbornNbred" wrote:
    This right heres what cracks me up about a few on here...No player gives more to the Vikings and Delivers more, yet a "few fans" want to critique one of the best to ever play the game...as if they are some great football mind, its laughable
    Jim Brown, Marshall Faulk, Emmit Smith all rave about his abilities but a few on here love to point at their perceived expertize that he falls short...
    even after he pukes his guts out to try to get back on the field... Pumps in a IV to get back on the field, bandage him up because hes spewing blood to help this team WIN...and still a few go back and look at replay after replay and say oooo see here he missed this or that. Truly laughable
    You say my remark about his improving, but not yet good, blocking is so absurd that it must be a joke.
    Then you criticize others (myself included) for supporting what we said... THAT is laughable...

    There is NO other back I would rather have. Period. End of argument.
    I say that in skill alone, let alone the heart and character you point out (and I completely agree with).
    However, he is not perfect.
    [glow=red,2,300]He does not get "100"'s in every Madden category as you seem to feel he should get. [/glow]
    That's just life, he's the best there is at what he does, but he's not perfect.
    You need to realize that just having things to work on does not mean one is awful at what they do...
    He's a guy with 2 years of experience, he shouldn't be the best at everything.
    This is the first level in which he has been asked to do anything other than hang on to the ball and run like hell because he was so amazing at it, nobody needed more from him.
    He didn't catch many passes or block as much in college because he didn't have to.
    Now he needs to learn; he's making progress - and great progress according to the coaches.

    My original statement is as much a testament to his progress and work ethic as it is pointing out he isn't perfect...
    Ok so Im not going to go back and forth on this as we both seem to agree He is the answer to the RB position...fact I never stated he has no faults or he gets 100s

    My Thing is
    He Absolutely Lays it on the line everytime he laces up those cleats, and then to see someone pick him apart on a few plays here and there

    Never will I say he is the best blocking back
    Never will I say he is the best Recieving back, yet I think given the chance he will complete this
    But I will say he is the best RunningBack in the National Football League
    And he is very fun to watch, been seeing it since he was in HS and he still amazes on every level from pop warner on up
    Not saying he walks on water...just that he is #1 and his position and he will work to get better every day

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    148

    Re: Childress sticks up for AD in AD vs.LT debate

    In an effort to completely stick up for AD, I have one question. Now I was young when A Mr. Barry Sanders was exploiting the NFL every game, but I can't really bring myself to say he was a blocker. He may have been decent but I just don't recall him being great at it. Now with that said Barry Sanders has my vote for the greatest of all time and I wish we could have seen him run about 3 or 4 more years. AD is the best back in the NFL. He will win games with a team on his shoulders.
    The same can't be said about LT. Maybe once but not anymore.

  7. #107
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,778
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Childress sticks up for AD in AD vs.LT debate

    "hillshaveeyesPA" wrote:
    In an effort to completely stick up for AD, I have one question. Now I was young when A Mr. Barry Sanders was exploiting the NFL every game, but I can't really bring myself to say he was a blocker. He may have been decent but I just don't recall him being great at it. Now with that said Barry Sanders has my vote for the greatest of all time and I wish we could have seen him run about 3 or 4 more years. AD is the best back in the NFL. He will win games with a team on his shoulders.
    The same can't be said about LT. Maybe once but not anymore.
    well put.
    One of the "best" backs, emmit smith, was a good all-around player.
    however, you'd be hard-pressed to find someone who picks Smith ast the best back ever unless they're a cowboys fan or a bitter lions fan.
    Peterson does have the same "wow" factor as smith, Peyton, Brown, etc.
    He could be one of the best, he doensn't need to be the next Marshall Faulk, just keep being productive.

  8. #108
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,916

    Re: Childress sticks up for AD in AD vs.LT debate

    You are all wrong....
    Bo Jackson!
    /thread

  9. #109
    ThorSPL's Avatar
    ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    3,422

    Re: Childress sticks up for AD in AD vs.LT debate

    "ejmat" wrote:
    "tastywaves" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    "soonerbornNbred" wrote:
    This right heres what cracks me up about a few on here...No player gives more to the Vikings and Delivers more, yet a "few fans" want to critique one of the best to ever play the game...as if they are some great football mind, its laughable
    Jim Brown, Marshall Faulk, Emmit Smith all rave about his abilities but a few on here love to point at their perceived expertize that he falls short...
    even after he pukes his guts out to try to get back on the field... Pumps in a IV to get back on the field, bandage him up because hes spewing blood to help this team WIN...and still a few go back and look at replay after replay and say oooo see here he missed this or that. Truly laughable
    You say my remark about his improving, but not yet good, blocking is so absurd that it must be a joke.
    Then you criticize others (myself included) for supporting what we said... THAT is laughable...

    There is NO other back I would rather have. Period. End of argument. I say that in skill alone, let alone the heart and character you point out (and I completely agree with).
    However, he is not perfect.
    He does not get "100"'s in every Madden category as you seem to feel he should get.
    That's just life, he's the best there is at what he does, but he's not perfect.
    You need to realize that just having things to work on does not mean one is awful at what they do...
    He's a guy with 2 years of experience, he shouldn't be the best at everything.
    This is the first level in which he has been asked to do anything other than hang on to the ball and run like hell because he was so amazing at it, nobody needed more from him.
    He didn't catch many passes or block as much in college because he didn't have to.
    Now he needs to learn; he's making progress - and great progress according to the coaches.

    My original statement is as much a testament to his progress and work ethic as it is pointing out he isn't perfect...
    Very good post Thor.
    No doubt there are areas of his game he could improve on, but that takes nothing away from the fact that he is the best RB in the NFL right now and no one I would rather have on our team.
    Right EJ?
    Or are you still hanging on to Michael Turner?
    ;D Like I stated I would highly think about it.
    I won't change my mind from just one game.
    I still think AP is the best pure runner in the NFL.
    But I also believe Turner is better at coming out of the backfield and blocking.
    Plus he hasn't put the ball on the ground as much.
    If APs first game was a sign of things to come then there is no way in hell I would say Turner is a better all around back.
    But still it takes more than one game for me to change my mind.
    Fair enough?
    Fair enough!


    Trust me, I'm a doctor.

    www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

  10. #110
    ThorSPL's Avatar
    ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    3,422

    Re: Childress sticks up for AD in AD vs.LT debate

    "soonerbornNbred" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    "soonerbornNbred" wrote:
    This right heres what cracks me up about a few on here...No player gives more to the Vikings and Delivers more, yet a "few fans" want to critique one of the best to ever play the game...as if they are some great football mind, its laughable
    Jim Brown, Marshall Faulk, Emmit Smith all rave about his abilities but a few on here love to point at their perceived expertize that he falls short...
    even after he pukes his guts out to try to get back on the field... Pumps in a IV to get back on the field, bandage him up because hes spewing blood to help this team WIN...and still a few go back and look at replay after replay and say oooo see here he missed this or that. Truly laughable
    You say my remark about his improving, but not yet good, blocking is so absurd that it must be a joke.
    Then you criticize others (myself included) for supporting what we said... THAT is laughable...

    There is NO other back I would rather have. Period. End of argument.
    I say that in skill alone, let alone the heart and character you point out (and I completely agree with).
    However, he is not perfect.
    [glow=red,2,300]He does not get "100"'s in every Madden category as you seem to feel he should get. [/glow]
    That's just life, he's the best there is at what he does, but he's not perfect.
    You need to realize that just having things to work on does not mean one is awful at what they do...
    He's a guy with 2 years of experience, he shouldn't be the best at everything.
    This is the first level in which he has been asked to do anything other than hang on to the ball and run like hell because he was so amazing at it, nobody needed more from him.
    He didn't catch many passes or block as much in college because he didn't have to.
    Now he needs to learn; he's making progress - and great progress according to the coaches.

    My original statement is as much a testament to his progress and work ethic as it is pointing out he isn't perfect...
    Ok so Im not going to go back and forth on this as we both seem to agree He is the answer to the RB position...fact I never stated he has no faults or he gets 100s

    My Thing is
    He Absolutely Lays it on the line everytime he laces up those cleats, and then to see someone pick him apart on a few plays here and there

    Never will I say he is the best blocking back
    Never will I say he is the best Recieving back, yet I think given the chance he will complete this
    But I will say he is the best RunningBack in the National Football League
    And he is very fun to watch, been seeing it since he was in HS and he still amazes on every level from pop warner on up
    Not saying he walks on water...just that he is #1 and his position and he will work to get better every day
    My previoius statement supports your statements in orange -I'm not disagreeing with you at all...
    However, you seemed to take offense when I pointed out that he has things to work on.... he has those things which, if he can improve on, will put him on a far different playing field than we have seen yet....

    We don't disagree, we just have different levels of admiration.


    Trust me, I'm a doctor.

    www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. BBQ Ate Too Many Pixie Sticks for Breakfast This Morning...
    By BBQ Platypus in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 768
    Last Post: 10-13-2012, 12:44 PM
  2. Spygate stench sticks to Belichick
    By cajunvike in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 08-29-2008, 08:14 PM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-16-2007, 12:07 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-15-2007, 10:39 PM
  5. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-08-2006, 12:55 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •