Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Childress sticks up for AD in AD vs.LT debate

"soonerbornNbred" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    AD still struggles with blitz pick-ups but he IS improving over last year from what I've seen.
    your kidding right ?
    The first sack on Favre was AD's pass protection.

He got one hit on his guy. Him and McKinnie's guy got slid in and collapsed the pocket.

AD could have done better.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

"ThorSPL" wrote:
    "soonerbornNbred" wrote:
    This right heres what cracks me up about a few on here...No player gives more to the Vikings and Delivers more, yet a "few fans" want to critique one of the best to ever play the game...as if they are some great football mind, its laughable
    Jim Brown, Marshall Faulk, Emmit Smith all rave about his abilities but a few on here love to point at their perceived expertize that he falls short...
    even after he pukes his guts out to try to get back on the field... Pumps in a IV to get back on the field, bandage him up because hes spewing blood to help this team WIN...and still a few go back and look at replay after replay and say oooo see here he missed this or that. Truly laughable
    You say my remark about his improving, but not yet good, blocking is so absurd that it must be a joke.
    Then you criticize others (myself included) for supporting what we said... THAT is laughable...

There is NO other back I would rather have. Period. End of argument. I say that in skill alone, let alone the heart and character you point out (and I completely agree with).
    However, he is not perfect.
    He does not get "100"'s in every Madden category as you seem to feel he should get.
    That's just life, he's the best there is at what he does, but he's not perfect.
    You need to realize that just having things to work on does not mean one is awful at what they do...
    He's a guy with 2 years of experience, he shouldn't be the best at everything.
    This is the first level in which he has been asked to do anything other than hang on to the ball and run like hell because he was so amazing at it, nobody needed more from him.
    He didn't catch many passes or block as much in college because he didn't have to.
    Now he needs to learn; he's making progress - and great progress according to the coaches.

My original statement is as much a testament to his progress and work ethic as it is pointing out he isn't perfect...
    Very good post Thor.
    No doubt there are areas of his game he could improve on, but that takes nothing away from the fact that he is the best RB in the NFL right now and no one I would rather have on our team.
    Right EJ?
    Or are you still hanging on to Michael Turner?

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"tastywaves" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    "soonerbornNbred" wrote:
    This right heres what cracks me up about a few on here...No player gives more to the Vikings and Delivers more, yet a "few fans" want to critique one of the best to ever play the game...as if they are some great football mind, its laughable
    Jim Brown, Marshall Faulk, Emmit Smith all rave about his abilities but a few on here love to point at their perceived expertize that he falls short...
    even after he pukes his guts out to try to get back on the field... Pumps in a IV to get back on the field, bandage him up because hes spewing blood to help this team WIN...and still a few go back and look at replay after replay and say oooo see here he missed this or that. Truly laughable
    You say my remark about his improving, but not yet good, blocking is so absurd that it must be a joke.
    Then you criticize others (myself included) for supporting what we said... THAT is laughable...

There is NO other back I would rather have. Period. End of argument.
    I say that in skill alone, let alone the heart and character you point out (and I completely agree with).
    He does not get "100"'s in every Madden category as you seem to feel he should get.
    You need to realize that just having things to work on does not mean one is awful at what they do...
    This is the first level in which he has been asked to do anything other than hang on to the ball and run like hell because he was so amazing at it, nobody needed more from him.
    He didn't catch many passes or block as much in college because he didn't have to.
    Now he needs to learn; he's making progress - and great progress according to the coaches.

My original statement is as much a testament to his progress and work ethic as it is pointing out he isn't perfect...
    Very good post Thor.
    No doubt there are areas of his game he could improve on, but that takes nothing away from the fact that he is the best RB in the NFL right now and no one I would rather have on our team.
    Right EJ?

I think the fact that Peterson has so much room for improvement actually makes him a more valuable player. If he ever realizes his full potential in blocking and recieving he will be the best back ever.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"tastywaves" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    "soonerbornNbred" wrote:

There is NO other back I would rather have. Period. End of argument. I say that in skill alone, let alone the heart and character you point out (and I completely agree with).

Very good post Thor.
    Right EJ?
    ;D Like I stated I would highly think about it.
    I won't change my mind from just one game.
    I still think AP is the best pure runner in the NFL.
    But I also believe Turner is better at coming out of the backfield and blocking.
    Plus he hasn't put the ball on the ground as much.
    If APs first game was a sign of things to come then there is no way in hell I would say Turner is a better all around back.
    But still it takes more than one game for me to change my mind.
    Fair enough?

soonerbornNbred is offline Pro-Bowler

"ThorSPL" wrote:
    "soonerbornNbred" wrote:

I say that in skill alone, let alone the heart and character you point out (and I completely agree with).
    [glow=red,2,300]He does not get "100"'s in every Madden category as you seem to feel he should get. [/glow]

Ok so Im not going to go back and forth on this as we both seem to agree He is the answer to the RB position...fact I never stated he has no faults or he gets 100s

My Thing is
    He Absolutely Lays it on the line everytime he laces up those cleats, and then to see someone pick him apart on a few plays here and there

Never will I say he is the best blocking back
    Never will I say he is the best Recieving back, yet I think given the chance he will complete this
    But I will say he is the best RunningBack in the National Football League
    And he is very fun to watch, been seeing it since he was in HS and he still amazes on every level from pop warner on up
    Not saying he walks on water...just that he is #1 and his position and he will work to get better every day

In an effort to completely stick up for AD, I have one question. Now I was young when A Mr. Barry Sanders was exploiting the NFL every game, but I can't really bring myself to say he was a blocker. He may have been decent but I just don't recall him being great at it. Now with that said Barry Sanders has my vote for the greatest of all time and I wish we could have seen him run about 3 or 4 more years. AD is the best back in the NFL. He will win games with a team on his shoulders.
    The same can't be said about LT. Maybe once but not anymore.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"hillshaveeyesPA" wrote:
    In an effort to completely stick up for AD, I have one question. Now I was young when A Mr. Barry Sanders was exploiting the NFL every game, but I can't really bring myself to say he was a blocker. He may have been decent but I just don't recall him being great at it. Now with that said Barry Sanders has my vote for the greatest of all time and I wish we could have seen him run about 3 or 4 more years. AD is the best back in the NFL. He will win games with a team on his shoulders.
    The same can't be said about LT. Maybe once but not anymore.
    well put.
    One of the "best" backs, emmit smith, was a good all-around player.
    however, you'd be hard-pressed to find someone who picks Smith ast the best back ever unless they're a cowboys fan or a bitter lions fan.
    Peterson does have the same "wow" factor as smith, Peyton, Brown, etc.
    He could be one of the best, he doensn't need to be the next Marshall Faulk, just keep being productive.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

You are all wrong....
    Bo Jackson!
    /thread

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

"ejmat" wrote:
    "tastywaves" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    "soonerbornNbred" wrote:

Very good post Thor.
    Right EJ?
    ;D Like I stated I would highly think about it.
    I won't change my mind from just one game.
    I still think AP is the best pure runner in the NFL.
    But I also believe Turner is better at coming out of the backfield and blocking.
    Plus he hasn't put the ball on the ground as much.
    If APs first game was a sign of things to come then there is no way in hell I would say Turner is a better all around back.
    But still it takes more than one game for me to change my mind.
    Fair enough?
    Fair enough!

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

"soonerbornNbred" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    "soonerbornNbred" wrote:

[glow=red,2,300]He does not get "100"'s in every Madden category as you seem to feel he should get. [/glow]

Ok so Im not going to go back and forth on this as we both seem to agree He is the answer to the RB position...fact I never stated he has no faults or he gets 100s

My Thing is
    He Absolutely Lays it on the line everytime he laces up those cleats, and then to see someone pick him apart on a few plays here and there

Never will I say he is the best blocking back
    Never will I say he is the best Recieving back, yet I think given the chance he will complete this
    But I will say he is the best RunningBack in the National Football League
    And he is very fun to watch, been seeing it since he was in HS and he still amazes on every level from pop warner on up
    Not saying he walks on water...just that he is #1 and his position and he will work to get better every day
    My previoius statement supports your statements in orange -I'm not disagreeing with you at all...
    However, you seemed to take offense when I pointed out that he has things to work on.... he has those things which, if he can improve on, will put him on a far different playing field than we have seen yet....

We don't disagree, we just have different levels of admiration.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast