Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Re: Childress sticks up for AD in AD vs.LT debate

"vikinggreg" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "vikinggreg" wrote:
    LT where were you for your teams last drive?
    Was he injured?
    Nope, don't think so, he was having a bad day and the Bolts went with Sproles and left LT on the bench
    Ya I was LMAO the whole time, and had his comments lingering at the back of my mind for the majority of the game. AD all the way!!!!

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"idahovikefan7" wrote:
    "vikinggreg" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "vikinggreg" wrote:
    Was he injured?
    Nope, don't think so, he was having a bad day and the Bolts went with Sproles and left LT on the bench
    Ya I was LMAO the whole time, and had his comments lingering at the back of my mind for the majority of the game. AD all the way!!!!
    Personally, I was happy because the guy I played against in FF had LT.

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "hillshaveeyesPA" wrote:
    LT really proved today who the best was.... He's not elusive anymore and their backup can carry the ball better then most starters. AD! He is a beast.
    I heard this morning ont he radio that LT injured his ankle in the first quarter and by the 4th it was extremely sore and stiff.

Probably just an excuse, but might explain why he was riding so much pine.
    Yep probably just another cover up excuse. He even asked to see more time on the field for preseason to get more reps in, and looked just fine. I think he's just covering his own ass for what was said. He knows deep down who the number 1 back is....

"ejmat" wrote:
    "idahovikefan7" wrote:
    "vikinggreg" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "vikinggreg" wrote:
    Was he injured?
    Personally, I was happy because the guy I played against in FF had LT.
    Haha a reason to be that much more happy

soonerbornNbred is offline Pro-Bowler

"ThorSPL" wrote:
    AD still struggles with blitz pick-ups but he IS improving over last year from what I've seen.
    your kidding right ?

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

"soonerbornNbred" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    AD still struggles with blitz pick-ups but he IS improving over last year from what I've seen.
    your kidding right ?
    Not at all, I have seen him pick more up this year/preseason than the last two years, but he does not seem to see the stunts or LB creeping behind the line to come around.
    There are times he may need to block a blitzer on the R side even if he lines up on the left; that is where I still see his struggles.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

soonerbornNbred is offline Pro-Bowler

This right heres what cracks me up about a few on here...No player gives more to the Vikings and Delivers more, yet a "few fans" want to critique one of the best to ever play the game...as if they are some great football mind, its laughable
    Jim Brown, Marshall Faulk, Emmit Smith all rave about his abilities but a few on here love to point at their perceived expertize that he falls short...
    even after he pukes his guts out to try to get back on the field... Pumps in a IV to get back on the field, bandage him up because hes spewing blood to help this team WIN...and still a few go back and look at replay after replay and say oooo see here he missed this or that. Truly laughable

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"soonerbornNbred" wrote:
    This right heres what cracks me up about a few on here...No player gives more to the Vikings and Delivers more, yet a "few fans" want to critique one of the best to ever play the game...as if they are some great football mind, its laughable
    Jim Brown, Marshall Faulk, Emmit Smith all rave about his abilities but a few on here love to point at their perceived expertize that he falls short...
    even after he pukes his guts out to try to get back on the field... Pumps in a IV to get back on the field, bandage him up because hes spewing blood to help this team WIN...and still a few go back and look at replay after replay and say oooo see here he missed this or that. Truly laughable
    So what you are saying is the guy has absolutely no faults?
    Yes, AP is a great player and we all love that he's a Viking.
    But sometimes you have to take your purple shades off and realize he still has maturing to do.
    Blocking is a major part of his game and his job whether you want to admit it or not.
    Why don't you ask TJ or Favre or whatever QB how much missed blocks affect their game.

You are misunderstanding the criticism.
    No one is criticizing what a great back he is and how much he contributes to the team.
    But the fact remains he still needs to polish up in the blocking game.
    He definitely seems to have improved coming out of the backfield for screens which is great.
    He hasn't put the ball on the turf yet which is great.
    But he has missed a couple of blocks.
    It doesn't make him a bad RB at all.
    It means he has to polish up one of the major aspects of his position.

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

"soonerbornNbred" wrote:
    You say my remark about his improving, but not yet good, blocking is so absurd that it must be a joke.
    Then you criticize others (myself included) for supporting what we said... THAT is laughable...

There is NO other back I would rather have. Period. End of argument.
    I say that in skill alone, let alone the heart and character you point out (and I completely agree with).
    However, he is not perfect.
    He does not get "100"'s in every Madden category as you seem to feel he should get.
    That's just life, he's the best there is at what he does, but he's not perfect.
    You need to realize that just having things to work on does not mean one is awful at what they do...
    He's a guy with 2 years of experience, he shouldn't be the best at everything.
    This is the first level in which he has been asked to do anything other than hang on to the ball and run like hell because he was so amazing at it, nobody needed more from him.
    He didn't catch many passes or block as much in college because he didn't have to.
    Now he needs to learn; he's making progress - and great progress according to the coaches.

My original statement is as much a testament to his progress and work ethic as it is pointing out he isn't perfect...

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"ThorSPL" wrote:
    "soonerbornNbred" wrote:
    You say my remark about his improving, but not yet good, blocking is so absurd that it must be a joke.
    Then you criticize others (myself included) for supporting what we said... THAT is laughable...

There is NO other back I would rather have. Period. End of argument.
    I say that in skill alone, let alone the heart and character you point out (and I completely agree with).
    However, he is not perfect.
    He does not get "100"'s in every Madden category as you seem to feel he should get.
    That's just life, he's the best there is at what he does, but he's not perfect.
    You need to realize that just having things to work on does not mean one is awful at what they do...
    He's a guy with 2 years of experience, he shouldn't be the best at everything.
    This is the first level in which he has been asked to do anything other than hang on to the ball and run like hell because he was so amazing at it, nobody needed more from him.
    He didn't catch many passes or block as much in college because he didn't have to.
    Now he needs to learn; he's making progress - and great progress according to the coaches.

My original statement is as much a testament to his progress and work ethic as it is pointing out he isn't perfect...
    Good post Thor!

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast