Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Vikerliker76 is offline Training Camp

Re: Childress shows he's serious about putting team first

The man has come from very disciplined programs. Andy Reid and Barry Alvarez ran tight ships and look at the success those 2 have had. I'm excited for our future. Spend Zigi, spend!!!!!
    "Everything I lack, I make up in denial."

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    I posted this elsewhere but thought it belonged again here...

I think this quote from Childres is very telling:

Childress said the Vikings wouldn't have been looking for a coach unless something was wrong — "or at least, obviously in the perception of the ownership, something needed to be changed"
    This has a couple of "hidden" meanings in it I believe. One is that Tice was fired not because of a losing season so much as that Wilf didn't like the image Tice presented by selling Super Bowl tickets. Wilf wants the image of this team to be squeeky clean and so the same went for Culpepper. Secondly, The "Love Boat" thing hurt him a lot and Tice did nothing about it. Then after that he has the gall to ask for more money. I'm sure Wilf and Childress had a talk about this. When Wilf sent the e-mails to Pep concerning this and other things, Daunte took it as he wasn't wanted (which he probably wasn't) and that's why the playbook was never sent. (A smart move on Childress' part.)

So it wasn't Childress at the bottom of Pep's firing at all. It was Wilf's decision all the way.
    My jury is out on both of them.

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

Vikerliker76 is offline Training Camp

My jury is out on both of them.[/quote]

You have to admit that ANYTHING is an improvement though!!! Hopefully we add Neal and/or Runyan and the o-line is set for a VERY long time. That onlone is impessive to me. It all starts up front and our lines have improved 3 fold. SKOL
    "Everything I lack, I make up in denial."

"Vikerliker76" wrote:
    My jury is out on both of them.

You have to admit that ANYTHING is an improvement though!!! Hopefully we add Neal and/or Runyan and the o-line is set for a VERY long time. That onlone is impessive to me. It all starts up front and our lines have improved 3 fold. SKOL[/quote]

I have been crying all year about the O Line...it's pretty basic to me that that is what you build your team around. So I am not that impressed by people who make a lot of money to do what they do realizing that. I hear ya but my jury is still out is all. I am trying not to make defnitive statements against them because I do not like eating crow LOL

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"DCPologirl" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    I like Childress's attitude...we are moving forward and everyone there is single-minded of purpose...to do the things that get things going in the right direction!!!

Super Bowl, here we come! Maybe not this year or next, but here we come nonetheless!!!
    You are personally responsible for drying my tears if that doesn't happen

That is a very open ended statement DCPologirl, I would not leave Cajun and open like that!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "DCPologirl" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    I like Childress's attitude...we are moving forward and everyone there is single-minded of purpose...to do the things that get things going in the right direction!!!

Super Bowl, here we come! Maybe not this year or next, but here we come nonetheless!!!
    You are personally responsible for drying my tears if that doesn't happen

That is a very open ended statement DCPologirl, I would not leave Cajun and open like that!

Hmmmm you have a point there lol

shawn9876uss is offline Coordinator

I am glad childress is putting his foot down, they need to change the attitude of the team

Thanks PurpleMafia

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

I was sick of having player coaches.

Burns did not have the backbone to stand up to his players, and they ran the show!

Green came in saying he was the new sheriff in town, but after a few years he let the players get away with anything!

Tice who had favorites, and was as much at fault for letting the players do things like the rookie party (boat party) and having no guidelines for the players to follow. There was to few years between his playing and being the head coach.

I want somebody that is fair, but tough! Who is control of the team, and does not except crap from the players. He has to let the players be their own man, but when it comes down to decisions about the team that his word is the final one!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

whateva, we'll regret trading Culpepper but im with this team through the good and bad
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

I am glad we have someone ruling with an Iron fist like Cowher and Bellichek.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12