Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I disagree with you completely. I wouldn't give Chiller a job waiting tables at an A&W.

First, the two Divison Titles were courtesy of Gus Frerotte and Brett Favre - both of whom won despite Chiller.

Further, the article lists a few of the more egregious errors Chiller made, but only touches on the fact that the lack of critical depth we are currently laboring with is the direct result of Chiller's talent acquisition abilities.

As I've stated numerous times before, touting his win-loss record alone as validation of him as a coach is empty. Look at what else was happening in the Division. In '08, we were the beneficiaries of Chicago and Green Bay melting down. In '09, it was Favre.

Chiller is a poor HC. He was a poor OC as well as Andy Reid called all the plays in Philly, and Barry Alveraz called all the plays at Wisconsin.

That said, I would LOVE for Chiller to get the job in Chicago if Lovie gets fired...

...because I know that the Bears would suck balls the entire time he was there.

Caine
    LOL, this is funny. Didn't we hear the following from you?

TJ will never be a starter in the NFL. (Oooops starting).
    TJ will never get starters money. (Oooops getting starters money).
    TJ will never pass for 300 yards. (Oooops did it twice this year. Once it was in a bit over 2 quarters and against the number 2 defense).
    TJ will never make players better. (Ooooops, compare the production of he Seahawks with Whitehurst under center vs TJ under center).
    TJ will never command respect from his teamates (Oooooops, better go read what they are saying about him)
    TJ will never be a NFL level QB. (Oooops, even national announcers - along with most of the Seahawks local press, are now recanting that).

As with your blind hatred for TJ, you are missing the mark on the Chiller as well. He will not only be a HC again, he will probably, in all likelyhood make the team better than when he found it, just like he did in MN.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Funny- If that is the case then you should put it in your sig line. lol

Actually it is my way of saying it was not worthy of a response, but feel free to try again and maybe next time.....
    Not worthy of a resonse, and yet you responded. Comeon my friend. Pretty lame.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    If you call what TJ is doing successful it certainly explains a lot. All he is doing is what a backup quality QB should be able to do and that is all that most people feel he was. And if you would be happier with him on the team than what we have had so far even in 2 games with Ponder then I feel bad for you.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Not worthy of a resonse, and yet you responded. Comeon my friend. Pretty lame.
    My response was to you, not to him. You are always worthy of responding to.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    LOL, this is funny. Didn't we hear the following from you?

TJ will never be a starter in the NFL. (Oooops starting).
    TJ will never get starters money. (Oooops getting starters money).
    TJ will never pass for 300 yards. (Oooops did it twice this year. Once it was in a bit over 2 quarters and against the number 2 defense).
    TJ will never make players better. (Ooooops, compare the production of he Seahawks with Whitehurst under center vs TJ under center).
    TJ will never command respect from his teamates (Oooooops, better go read what they are saying about him)
    TJ will never be a NFL level QB. (Oooops, even national announcers - along with most of the Seahawks local press, are now recanting that).

As with your blind hatred for TJ, you are missing the mark on the Chiller as well. He will not only be a HC again, he will probably, in all likelyhood make the team better than when he found it, just like he did in MN.
    Again, twisting what I said doesn't make me wrong or you right.

If you want to consider Jackson a viable QB, feel free - I certainly don't.

He starts on a team that has Charlie Whithurst as a backup.... YOU would start on that team.

He was signed by the team that hired Darrel Bevell to be their OC...DARREL BEVELL!!!! If you don't know what I think of Bevell by know, you haven't been reading.

He "commanded the respect" of his team mates here too. Remember when the Favre noise first started and the vocal few started clamoring about how much they believed in Jackson? That tune sure changed in a hurry in '09...and we let his "confidence building" ass go in '11. But we sure did respect him...

I will allow the writer at Rotowire.com to sum up how I feel about this weeks Jackson debacle:

Jackson, who entered Sunday's game in the second quarter, unexpectedly did not start because coach Pete Carroll thought "he could have used another week" to heal his injured pectoral, the Tacoma News Tribune reports.

And yet in his very next breath, Carroll said, "In my mind I knew he could play." If Jackson, as Carroll also affirmed, gives the team the best chance to win, and if he's healthy enough to play, why hold him out? Perhaps there's something behind the scenes that excuses the move. Other than that, it's hard to understand why an NFL head coach would use his inferior backup to see if he "can get something going." Jackson finished 21-of-40 for a career-high 323 yards, though it was a hollow 300-yard game as he failed to move the offense effectively.
    (Rotowire.com)

You were saying?

Oh, and Chiller left this team better than he found it? Really? Red *sucks squirrels* used to try and make that claim about himself too...we laughed then as well.

Caine
    Last edited by Caine; 11-01-2011 at 08:17 AM.

Again, twisting what I said doesn't make me wrong or you right.

If you want to consider Jackson a viable QB, feel free - I certainly don't. I will allow the writer at Rotowire.com to sum up how I feel about this weeks Jackson debacle:

Jackson, who entered Sunday's game in the second quarter, unexpectedly did not start because coach Pete Carroll thought "he could have used another week" to heal his injured pectoral, the Tacoma News Tribune reports.

And yet in his very next breath, Carroll said, "n my mind I knew he could play." If Jackson, as Carroll also affirmed, gives the team the best chance to win, and if he's healthy enough to play, why hold him out? Perhaps there's something behind the scenes that excuses the move. Other than that, it's hard to understand why an NFL head coach would use his inferior backup to see if he "can get something going." Jackson finished 21-of-40 for a career-high 323 yards, though it was a hollow 300-yard game as he failed to move the offense effectively.
    (Rotowire.com)

You were saying?

Caine
    LOL, I raise your yutz with several other yutz's.

Coach Pete Carroll and Jackson both said they’d hoped they could rest him for another week before bringing him back. The plan was to see if Whitehurst would come out and be functional, and if not, then bring on Jackson
    Why use Whitehurst needlessly? | Seattle Seahawks - The News Tribune

Whitehurst, Seattle's backup quarterback, started for the second consecutive game because Jackson is still dealing with a strained pectoral muscle, suffered in an Oct. 9 game against the New York Giants. Jackson has practiced sparingly since his injury, though a promising workout on Friday left his status a game-time decision.

"I was hoping to see if we could rest (Jackson) another week," Carroll said. "He could throw the ball well enough to play, but he could've used another week. ... I was going to see if Charlie could pull it together, get something going and help us out, but it just didn't look like we were moving anywhere."
    Seahawks' offense sputters against Bengals | HeraldNet.com - Sports

Some other interesting quotes in this ESPN article that kindof lend credence to our little beer bet.

Rapid Reaction: Bengals 34, Seahawks 12 - NFC West Blog - ESPN

Alls I can say is, Freeeeeeeee Beeeeeerrrrrrr......MMMMMMMM GOOOOD.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Gift View Post
    It's wrong. 2 Division Titles, a trip to the NFC championship in 5 years is not a terrible resume.

Chilly's Record
    6-10
    8-8
    10-6
    12-4
    3-7
    39-35 (.527)

Here is another head coaches first 5 years...
    6-10
    7-9
    7-9
    11-5
    5-11
    36-44 (.450)
    But I'm sure William Stephen Belichick didn't deserve another chance either.
    So what you're saying is that if Childress does happen to get another chance, he should start cheating?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    LOL, I raise your yutz with several other yutz's.

Why use Whitehurst needlessly? | Seattle Seahawks - The News Tribune

Seahawks' offense sputters against Bengals | HeraldNet.com - Sports

Some other interesting quotes in this ESPN article that kindof lend credence to our little beer bet.

Rapid Reaction: Bengals 34, Seahawks 12 - NFC West Blog - ESPN

Alls I can say is, Freeeeeeeee Beeeeeerrrrrrr......MMMMMMMM GOOOOD.
    Are you serious?

When you're a 2-4 team in a weak Division, you don't leave your best option on the bench and "hope" that a shitty back up will be "functional"....you put in your BEST option all day, every day.

If Jackson is so good, if he gave them the best chance to win, WHY WAS HE ON THE PINE? Don't say to rest/heal, because REAL QB's can play through some pain.

Look at it another way...why are we NOT protecting Ponder and allowing him to grow within the system by playing McNabb in a clearly lost season? Because we are still PLAYING TO WIN.

What in the hell is Seattle doing?

Caine

Are you serious?

When you're a 2-4 team in a weak Division, you don't leave your best option on the bench and "hope" that a shitty back up will be "functional"....you put in your BEST option all day, every day.

If Jackson is so good, if he gave them the best chance to win, WHY WAS HE ON THE PINE? Don't say to rest/heal, because REAL QB's can play through some pain.

Look at it another way...why are we NOT protecting Ponder and allowing him to grow within the system by playing McNabb in a clearly lost season? Because we are still PLAYING TO WIN.

What in the hell is Seattle doing?

Caine
    Why you arguing with me over the starter. I'm not the lame duck HC who made a butt load of stupid, very stupid decisions last Sunday.

Look, I'm not trying to explain WHY the HC did it. I just gave you quotes from him on the subject.

MMMMMMM, Beeeeeeer. I might even send TJ a couple that you buy me as a reward.

TFD: Brad Childress a hot NFL head coaching prospect for 2012?

Former Vikings coach Brad Childress is looking like a better coach with each passing week. A few months ago, some people were predicting Childress would never be a head coach again. Front offices are starting to take a harder look at what Childress accomplished in Minnesota within the context of how the Vikings are performing now. It will be an upset if Childress isn’t a candidate for a head coaching job or two in the offseason.

TFD: Brad Childress a hot NFL head coaching prospect for 2012? | StarTribune.com

WOW. This is starting to get some traction. LOL. I know alot of you will be upset when it happens.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast