Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Childress shouldn’t get a second chance

Yeah, he is no longer with the team but this is a good one...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/page/2/

True phrase:

Childress proved the Peter Principle at the NFL level, rising through the ranks to a level that ultimately was above his head. Childress is less deserving of another shot than Super Bowl-winner Brian Billick, two-time NFC finalist Dennis Green, or even NFC champion Jim Fassel.

Gift is offline Coordinator
    It's wrong. 2 Division Titles, a trip to the NFC championship in 5 years is not a terrible resume.

Chilly's Record
    6-10
    8-8
    10-6
    12-4
    3-7
    39-35 (.527)

Here is another head coaches first 5 years...
    6-10
    7-9
    7-9
    11-5
    5-11
    36-44 (.450)
    But I'm sure William Stephen Belichick didn't deserve another chance either.
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gift View Post
    It's wrong. 2 Division Titles, a trip to the NFC championship in 5 years is not a terrible resume.

Chilly's Record
    6-10
    8-8
    10-6
    12-4
    3-7
    39-35 (.527)

Here is another head coaches first 5 years...
    6-10
    7-9
    7-9
    11-5
    5-11
    36-44 (.450)
    But I'm sure William Stephen Belichick didn't deserve another chance either.
    At first I checked the calendar in case that was an April Fools joke but I guess Halloween is the next best thing.

Gift is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    At first I checked the calendar in case that was an April Fools joke but I guess Halloween is the next best thing.
    I assume that you then agree with me since you offered absolutely nothing to dispute my statement.
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    I assume that you then agree with me since you offered absolutely nothing to dispute my statement.
    I disagree with you completely. I wouldn't give Chiller a job waiting tables at an A&W.

First, the two Divison Titles were courtesy of Gus Frerotte and Brett Favre - both of whom won despite Chiller.

Further, the article lists a few of the more egregious errors Chiller made, but only touches on the fact that the lack of critical depth we are currently laboring with is the direct result of Chiller's talent acquisition abilities.

As I've stated numerous times before, touting his win-loss record alone as validation of him as a coach is empty. Look at what else was happening in the Division. In '08, we were the beneficiaries of Chicago and Green Bay melting down. In '09, it was Favre.

Chiller is a poor HC. He was a poor OC as well as Andy Reid called all the plays in Philly, and Barry Alveraz called all the plays at Wisconsin.

That said, I would LOVE for Chiller to get the job in Chicago if Lovie gets fired...

...because I know that the Bears would suck balls the entire time he was there.

Caine

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator
    In general terms, I'm all in favor of giving anyone a second chance. If some team out there is desperate enough for a new HC and can't see that there are so many better candidates out there, then let them hire him.

As a Head Coach, your record is never really your own. Like Quarterbacks, they get too much of the credit as well as too much of the blame. But there are some very telling things that Childress did (or didn't do) that just scream of incompetence and, IMO general immaturity. Public flareups with players, vast overreactions, poor clock management... the lost goes on and on.

If at some point he shows that he has matured as a person, then maybe he might do the same as a Coach. But until I see it, I would not be offering him a job.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I disagree with you completely. I wouldn't give Chiller a job waiting tables at an A&W.

First, the two Divison Titles were courtesy of Gus Frerotte and Brett Favre - both of whom won despite Chiller.

Further, the article lists a few of the more egregious errors Chiller made, but only touches on the fact that the lack of critical depth we are currently laboring with is the direct result of Chiller's talent acquisition abilities.

As I've stated numerous times before, touting his win-loss record alone as validation of him as a coach is empty. Look at what else was happening in the Division. In '08, we were the beneficiaries of Chicago and Green Bay melting down. In '09, it was Favre.

Chiller is a poor HC. He was a poor OC as well as Andy Reid called all the plays in Philly, and Barry Alveraz called all the plays at Wisconsin.

That said, I would LOVE for Chiller to get the job in Chicago if Lovie gets fired...

...because I know that the Bears would suck balls the entire time he was there.

Caine
    Um... holy shit... I think I need to lay down. This can't be right. I'm about to add a +1 to the end of a Caine quote. And I also will say that I couldn't have said it better myself.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Who cares if he gets another HC job on another team. I would welcome it. Especially if we play that team during the year. It's one less team we would need to worry about.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Don't worry my friend. Thats the PPO way of admitting that they are wrong on a certain discussion point.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Don't worry my friend. Thats the PPO way of admitting that they are wrong on a certain discussion point.
    Funny- If that is the case then you should put it in your sig line. lol

Actually it is my way of saying it was not worthy of a response, but feel free to try again and maybe next time.....

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast