Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 86
  1. #1
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Childress shouldn’t get a second chance

    Yeah, he is no longer with the team but this is a good one...


    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/page/2/


    True phrase:


    Childress proved the Peter Principle at the NFL level, rising through the ranks to a level that ultimately was above his head. Childress is less deserving of another shot than Super Bowl-winner Brian Billick, two-time NFC finalist Dennis Green, or even NFC champion Jim Fassel.

  2. #2
    Gift's Avatar
    Gift is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    811
    It's wrong. 2 Division Titles, a trip to the NFC championship in 5 years is not a terrible resume.

    Chilly's Record
    6-10
    8-8
    10-6
    12-4
    3-7
    39-35 (.527)

    Here is another head coaches first 5 years...
    6-10
    7-9
    7-9
    11-5
    5-11
    36-44 (.450)
    But I'm sure William Stephen Belichick didn't deserve another chance either.
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

  3. #3
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gift View Post
    It's wrong. 2 Division Titles, a trip to the NFC championship in 5 years is not a terrible resume.

    Chilly's Record
    6-10
    8-8
    10-6
    12-4
    3-7
    39-35 (.527)

    Here is another head coaches first 5 years...
    6-10
    7-9
    7-9
    11-5
    5-11
    36-44 (.450)
    But I'm sure William Stephen Belichick didn't deserve another chance either.
    At first I checked the calendar in case that was an April Fools joke but I guess Halloween is the next best thing.

  4. #4
    Gift's Avatar
    Gift is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    811
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    At first I checked the calendar in case that was an April Fools joke but I guess Halloween is the next best thing.
    I assume that you then agree with me since you offered absolutely nothing to dispute my statement.
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

  5. #5
    Caine's Avatar
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,135
    Quote Originally Posted by Gift View Post
    I assume that you then agree with me since you offered absolutely nothing to dispute my statement.
    I disagree with you completely. I wouldn't give Chiller a job waiting tables at an A&W.

    First, the two Divison Titles were courtesy of Gus Frerotte and Brett Favre - both of whom won despite Chiller.

    Further, the article lists a few of the more egregious errors Chiller made, but only touches on the fact that the lack of critical depth we are currently laboring with is the direct result of Chiller's talent acquisition abilities.

    As I've stated numerous times before, touting his win-loss record alone as validation of him as a coach is empty. Look at what else was happening in the Division. In '08, we were the beneficiaries of Chicago and Green Bay melting down. In '09, it was Favre.

    Chiller is a poor HC. He was a poor OC as well as Andy Reid called all the plays in Philly, and Barry Alveraz called all the plays at Wisconsin.

    That said, I would LOVE for Chiller to get the job in Chicago if Lovie gets fired...


    ...because I know that the Bears would suck balls the entire time he was there.

    Caine

  6. #6
    Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    880
    In general terms, I'm all in favor of giving anyone a second chance. If some team out there is desperate enough for a new HC and can't see that there are so many better candidates out there, then let them hire him.

    As a Head Coach, your record is never really your own. Like Quarterbacks, they get too much of the credit as well as too much of the blame. But there are some very telling things that Childress did (or didn't do) that just scream of incompetence and, IMO general immaturity. Public flareups with players, vast overreactions, poor clock management... the lost goes on and on.

    If at some point he shows that he has matured as a person, then maybe he might do the same as a Coach. But until I see it, I would not be offering him a job.

    My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

  7. #7
    MulletMullitia's Avatar
    MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    943
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I disagree with you completely. I wouldn't give Chiller a job waiting tables at an A&W.

    First, the two Divison Titles were courtesy of Gus Frerotte and Brett Favre - both of whom won despite Chiller.

    Further, the article lists a few of the more egregious errors Chiller made, but only touches on the fact that the lack of critical depth we are currently laboring with is the direct result of Chiller's talent acquisition abilities.

    As I've stated numerous times before, touting his win-loss record alone as validation of him as a coach is empty. Look at what else was happening in the Division. In '08, we were the beneficiaries of Chicago and Green Bay melting down. In '09, it was Favre.

    Chiller is a poor HC. He was a poor OC as well as Andy Reid called all the plays in Philly, and Barry Alveraz called all the plays at Wisconsin.

    That said, I would LOVE for Chiller to get the job in Chicago if Lovie gets fired...


    ...because I know that the Bears would suck balls the entire time he was there.

    Caine
    Um... holy shit... I think I need to lay down. This can't be right. I'm about to add a +1 to the end of a Caine quote. And I also will say that I couldn't have said it better myself.

    Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

  8. #8
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,207
    Who cares if he gets another HC job on another team. I would welcome it. Especially if we play that team during the year. It's one less team we would need to worry about.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  9. #9
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899
    Quote Originally Posted by Gift View Post
    I assume that you then agree with me since you offered absolutely nothing to dispute my statement.
    Don't worry my friend. Thats the PPO way of admitting that they are wrong on a certain discussion point.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #10
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Don't worry my friend. Thats the PPO way of admitting that they are wrong on a certain discussion point.
    Funny- If that is the case then you should put it in your sig line. lol

    Actually it is my way of saying it was not worthy of a response, but feel free to try again and maybe next time.....

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •