Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Childress serious about letting reporters take part in a 9-on-7...

http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/

Childress, slightly amused and mildly annoyed by how the media portrayed his training-camp practices as not being very physical, challenged a member of the press to take part in a 9-on-7 inside running drill. This challenge came while the Vikings were in Mankato.

While I did throw out Mark Craig’s name at the time, Childress evidently didn’t hear me because on Tuesday he said no one had accepted or nominated someone for the challenge. And then Childress said a freelance journalist from New Jersey had faxed in a letter and wanted to participate in a practice.

Craig, to his credit, first asked what type of contract he would get if he accepted and then said he would have to check with the people who run his front office — actually, just his wife — to see if he could give it a go. Meanwhile, it sounds as if Alexander Alperin of Upper Saddle River, N.J., has some publications interested in buying his story about what it would be like to practice with the Vikings. One word comes to mind Alexander: painful.
    Sounds like he really does want some local media types to take part in a practice to show them how "easy" the team has had it...
    That's awesome!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Childress serious about letting reporters take part in a 9-on-7...

The hacks might actually learn something about the game they cover.
    Well, maybe.
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"NodakPaul" wrote:

Childress, slightly amused and mildly annoyed by how the media portrayed his training-camp practices as not being very physical, challenged a member of the press to take part in a 9-on-7 inside running drill. This challenge came while the Vikings were in Mankato.

While I did throw out Mark Craig’s name at the time, Childress evidently didn’t hear me because on Tuesday he said no one had accepted or nominated someone for the challenge. And then Childress said a freelance journalist from New Jersey had faxed in a letter and wanted to participate in a practice.

Craig, to his credit, first asked what type of contract he would get if he accepted and then said he would have to check with the people who run his front office — actually, just his wife — to see if he could give it a go. Meanwhile, it sounds as if Alexander Alperin of Upper Saddle River, N.J., has some publications interested in buying his story about what it would be like to practice with the Vikings. One word comes to mind Alexander: painful.
    Sounds like he really does want some local media types to take part in a practice to show them how "easy" the team has had it...
    That's awesome!
    He'll be going after the PP.O folks next. I nominate you and Marrdro!
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

That's awesome!
    Marrdro is a great nomination.
    And Ned - but only if he can bring his cane.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

That's awesome!
    The difference between me and the hacks is that I know something about football and know that I am not good enough to play.

They on the other hand probably have never even played sandlot ball and think they can play.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

That's awesome!
    The difference between me and the hacks is that I know something about football and know that I am not good enough to play.

They on the other hand probably have never even played sandlot ball and think they can play.

;D
    LOL! The truth has been spoken.
    I loved seeing that little guy from the NFL network trying to throw or punt a football. Adam Shefter or something like that I think. Hillarious.
    I also get a charge out of watching boxing announcers who haven't been in a fight since some girl beat them up in the third grade. Real credibility.
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

That's awesome!

;D
    I loved seeing that little guy from the NFL network trying to throw or punt a football. Adam Shefter or something like that I think. Hillarious.
    I also get a charge out of watching boxing announcers who haven't been in a fight since some girl beat them up in the third grade. Real credibility.

Where's George Plimpton when you need him? ;D
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

That's awesome!

;D
    LOL, I always giggle a bit when I watch this guy.

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

That's awesome!

;D
    LOL, I always giggle a bit when I watch this guy.

lmao!
    Dilfer

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

yay ! lets get the local hacks in and see how they perform. Then we'll write about what a waste of space they are
    ;D
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast