Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:Childress says Jackson grew while watching

hoytlakesviking wrote:
    i'm comfortable with TJ we can make the playoffs. but i dont see him taking the vikings to the nfcc game
    as much as i love mcnabb i cant see us mortgaging our future by giving away top draft picks for him. favre playing another season,TJ and sage battling it out for the #2 spot and drafting tebow or colt mccoy is the best scenario.
    One pick for a gauranteed starter can't quite be considered mortgaging the bank.

Heck, you would probably use a pick on a QB anyway.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    hoytlakesviking wrote:
    i'm comfortable with TJ we can make the playoffs. but i dont see him taking the vikings to the nfcc game
    as much as i love mcnabb i cant see us mortgaging our future by giving away top draft picks for him. favre playing another season,TJ and sage battling it out for the #2 spot and drafting tebow or colt mccoy is the best scenario.
    One pick for a gauranteed starter can't quite be considered mortgaging the bank.

Its mortgaging our "big picture" future, but our near future? no.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

12purplepride28 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    hoytlakesviking wrote:

Its mortgaging our "big picture" future, but our near future? no.
    Again, I'm not so sure my friend.

We gave up 2 picks for JA, how did that mortage our "Big Picture" future?

We moved up and got Jasper. Again, 2 picks. Seemed to work out this year.

2 Picks for TJ. Again, he isn't he HOF'r everyone wanted right out of the gate, but he has given us good reps, won games and seems to be as tough as nails when it comes to putting up with press/fan shit.

Now if you were to burn 2 or 3 picks to move up and take a Bradford and his arm popped again, yes, I would agree, however, if the picks are used to get a valuable player/contributor, then no, I don't see any near or long term affects.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

The Chiller is very crafty in his words.

Says he grew in the "intangibles." Coach speak for: Brett showed him how to lead, both by example, and by approach to his job. QB's need to hold themselves accountable, yet, they need to hold their teammates accountable for missing an assignment...albeit, not publicly. Brett has a passion for the game which cannot be coached; hopefully that is another "intangible" that TJ picked up. Also, I should hope TJ learned while observing...a crafty, public, confidence building comment by Chiller...a positive way of stating the obvious.

I like TJ, but, I just don't see him grabbing the Team and leading the way top flite QBs do. Favre grabbed that Team by the nose ring and led them to 12-4...he wasn't obnoxious or public about it (according to Shanc, Rice, Berrian interview on Fox), rather, he tore himself down in front of the Team in the locker room right after he arrived.

I realize this is comparing apples to oranges, however, I just don't see TJ ever being a Super Bowl QB...I hope I'm wrong.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

In '07, Chiller said Jackson was ready to lead the team...he obviously wasn't.

In '08, Chiller AGAIN said JAckson was ready to step up and be the man...he benched him for Gus Frerotte 2 weeks later.

In '09, Chiller said he was confident in the abilities of the guys on the roster...then he BEGGED Favre to come out of retirement.

Now he's back trying to convince us that Jackson has AGAIN improved?

C'mon, Chiller....enough already. It was funny the first couple times, but you're really starting to make people who believe you look bad...

Caine

Mark_The_Viking is online now Asst. Coach

It's what most of us beleive and most also hope they are wrong about. TJ will be a backup, he isn't good enough to be a starter anywhere and I like him as a player.

What else is there for him to learn? If he couldn't get all the tangibles and intangibles sorted throughout an entire season (his fourth) then when will he.

I suppose some would argue through playing games, but as has been discussed at length when he was given the chance for the most part he blew it. He did show signs of being a good QB but there is nothing to suggest that he has the most prized possesion of all. Consistency.

As a team this whole QB situation is the most dissapointing thing for me, wondering whether Favre will play again and doing seemingly nothing about it. I hope he does play again and maybe another year watching and learning with a hot shot, hungry draft pick sitting on his shoulder will be the final kick up the pants that opens the door for him and we have our frnachise player for the next 5 years.

But if BF doesn't want another year and we haven't done anything about it can anyone on this forum honestly say that Tavaris Jackson can lead this team to a superbowl or even the post season?
    Purple till i die

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Mark_The_Viking wrote:
    It's what most of us beleive and most also hope they are wrong about. TJ will be a backup, he isn't good enough to be a starter anywhere and I like him as a player.

What else is there for him to learn? If he couldn't get all the tangibles and intangibles sorted throughout an entire season (his fourth) then when will he.

I suppose some would argue through playing games, but as has been discussed at length when he was given the chance for the most part he blew it. He did show signs of being a good QB but there is nothing to suggest that he has the most prized possesion of all. Consistency.

As a team this whole QB situation is the most dissapointing thing for me, wondering whether Favre will play again and doing seemingly nothing about it. I hope he does play again and maybe another year watching and learning with a hot shot, hungry draft pick sitting on his shoulder will be the final kick up the pants that opens the door for him and we have our frnachise player for the next 5 years.

But if BF doesn't want another year and we haven't done anything about it can anyone on this forum honestly say that Tavaris Jackson can lead this team to a superbowl or even the post season?

To phrase my good friend Marrdro..top notch post my friend, that just knocked you up a few notches on the old spreadsheet.

There's probably 1 or 2 that could answer yes to your last question, but I doubt there would be much conviction...mostly just hope.

The QB position is and has been the most frustrating part of the Chilly era as Caine likes to point out in great detail as often as he can.

Until we draft a legitimate future franchise QB we will be forced to keep looking for old vets to hold this thing together. I understand the reasons why we haven't gone big in the draft to date, but at some point it needs to be a priority. It is a problem that is shared by a great number of teams, there can only be 10 top 10 qb's.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Mark_The_Viking wrote:

To phrase my good friend Marrdro..top notch post my friend, that just knocked you up a few notches on the old spreadsheet.

There's probably 1 or 2 that could answer yes to your last question, but I doubt there would be much conviction...mostly just hope.

The QB position is and has been the most frustrating part of the Chilly era as Caine likes to point out in great detail as often as he can.

Until we draft a legitimate future franchise QB we will be forced to keep looking for old vets to hold this thing together. I understand the reasons why we haven't gone big in the draft to date, but at some point it needs to be a priority. It is a problem that is shared by a great number of teams, there can only be 10 top 10 qb's.

Caine wrote:
    In '07, Chiller said Jackson was ready to lead the team...he obviously wasn't.

In '08, Chiller AGAIN said JAckson was ready to step up and be the man...he benched him for Gus Frerotte 2 weeks later.

In '09, Chiller said he was confident in the abilities of the guys on the roster...then he BEGGED Favre to come out of retirement.

Now he's back trying to convince us that Jackson has AGAIN improved?

C'mon, Chiller....enough already. It was funny the first couple times, but you're really starting to make people who believe you look bad...

Caine
    What the heck is he supposed to say?

I can hear the press conference now.....

Reporter: Hey Chiller, how is that young QB doing that you just drafted?

Chiller: What can I say. He is a piece of shit but we think he has some potential in a few years.

Anyway, back to your questions, a few specifics so that you and the other teams can get a good scouting report on him.....

a. The guy is still struggling reading defenses.
    b. His pocket pressence is getting better but he still takes to long to decide to move or just step up.

Comeon, if he came out and talked about the flaws of his players everyone of us, including you, would be hacking on him for throwing them under the bus.

tastywaves wrote:
    Mark_The_Viking wrote:

LOL, well played my friend, well played.

Problem is, everyone keeps saying that he and he alone failed when he was given his shot.

Additionally, everyone keeps saying that he was given multiple shots.

Heres a quick clue........Go look at teams like the Giants. How long of a shot did Eli get? A few random starts behind a shacky OL and crappy WR's or was he run out there each and every week behind a pretty stable offense.

How about Rivers? Matt Ryan slipped last year. Is he condsidered a bust and won't be given another year under Center?

Given a shot my ass. Come on people, quite talking like the ESPN talking heads.

Did he get chances to play were he looked bad? Yes. I'm not saying he didn't struggle, I'm just tired of everyone saying that his opportunities were taylored to support his success when in fact his chances were given on a team that was in the infancy of its rebuilding process and probably not the correct environment to run a young, unpolished cat out there.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast