Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    PerplexedPopcorn is offline Waterboy

Re:Childress says Jackson grew while watching

12purplepride28 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    PerplexedPopcorn wrote:
    awesome thread and posts.

I've enjoyed watching Tavaris play since his Alabama St. Years. Kid has a dungeon of potential, and none of the drama others have.

I've seen alot of people critize his skill sets.

Fact remains most coaching staffs don't really know how to deal with a scrambling quarterback (as far as grooming goes). His greatest assest has seemingly been one of his liabilities in the eyes of a lot of teams: his mobility.

But most teams wouldn't be insane for taking a chance on him, 6'2", 227. Kid's fast, Not Mike Vick quickeness, but on the lines of a budding Randall Cunningham.

What i mean is, look at what happened to vick:
    Atlanta didn't really instill alot of confidence in using his arm, which we all know he had one. But they made him use his legs, putting him in risk of injury (Baltimore game)

He needs to join a team that is equally adapt at grooming a scrambler, as much as a passer (like Carolina, Pittsburgh, or hell maybe even Philly. And what's more, he needs to have a coaching staff that can do all these things who will believe in him, and will FORCE him to be a passer (San Fran with Steven Young)

I love my Vikes, but lets not pretend, the staff never really seemed to back him. Hell, even thought of him as an insurance policy. The kid sees what he is worth, and you cant blame him for that.

Should he stay in Minnesota? I would like to see him here. I thhink he is an important part of the team. Shank would concur

Would it be best for him if he left? 90% sure. He's 26, turning 27, best years of career are on the field, not a bench.
    Just my two cents :laugh:

Airborne.
    A few thoughts....

First, a very interesting post, with some good discussion points......

Second, I think Vick is a poor comparisson with respect to TJ. TJ is not a scrambling QB of that ilk. I liken him more to a pocket passer that can run if needed rather than what Vick is (A one read then run cause I like to passer).

Third, I don't think this staff has given up (quick backing him) on him. Infact I think they've gone out of thier way to develop him, to the point that they were willing to risk bad publicity and follow fan discontent as they ran him out there to learn on the field in the absence of any better option.

I actually think they only put a 3rd round tender on him as a means to keep the level of contract down with respect to leverage and value.

Fourth, As to the teams looking at him. I did a quick search this morning but could readily locate them, however, if memory serves, there were 4 other teams that either had private workouts for TJ or went to see him work out.

That kindof gets lost in the shuffle of all this when one considers why the staff moved up to get him as he surely wouldn't have been there when we picked again. History proves that out when you look at what QB's were taken out of that class and who are still in the league and have actually been productive for thier respective teams.

Again, there is a strong contingent on here who don't like TJ, but he has won games and has been productive.

On a side note, watched the 1969 "Lost Rings" episode last night. I wonder how many people knew that Capp threw the jump ball?

LOL, I still marvel that posters on here hack on TJ for doing things like that when almost every QB in the league has done it at one time or another.
    Key phrase at the end, "at one time or another". The jump pass is a habit of Jacksons, not a rare occurrence.

LOL I think Doug Flutie would be mad at you for looking down on the famed jump ball. Of course, TJACK is four inches taller...
    None

PerplexedPopcorn is offline Waterboy

Marrdro wrote:
    PerplexedPopcorn wrote:
    awesome thread and posts.

I've enjoyed watching Tavaris play since his Alabama St. Years. Kid has a dungeon of potential, and none of the drama others have.

I've seen alot of people critize his skill sets.

Fact remains most coaching staffs don't really know how to deal with a scrambling quarterback (as far as grooming goes). His greatest assest has seemingly been one of his liabilities in the eyes of a lot of teams: his mobility.

But most teams wouldn't be insane for taking a chance on him, 6'2", 227. Kid's fast, Not Mike Vick quickeness, but on the lines of a budding Randall Cunningham.

What i mean is, look at what happened to vick:
    Atlanta didn't really instill alot of confidence in using his arm, which we all know he had one. But they made him use his legs, putting him in risk of injury (Baltimore game)

He needs to join a team that is equally adapt at grooming a scrambler, as much as a passer (like Carolina, Pittsburgh, or hell maybe even Philly. And what's more, he needs to have a coaching staff that can do all these things who will believe in him, and will FORCE him to be a passer (San Fran with Steven Young)

I love my Vikes, but lets not pretend, the staff never really seemed to back him. Hell, even thought of him as an insurance policy. The kid sees what he is worth, and you cant blame him for that.

Should he stay in Minnesota? I would like to see him here. I thhink he is an important part of the team. Shank would concur

Would it be best for him if he left? 90% sure. He's 26, turning 27, best years of career are on the field, not a bench.
    Just my two cents :laugh:

Airborne.
    A few thoughts....

First, a very interesting post, with some good discussion points......

Second, I think Vick is a poor comparisson with respect to TJ. TJ is not a scrambling QB of that ilk. I liken him more to a pocket passer that can run if needed rather than what Vick is (A one read then run cause I like to passer).

Third, I don't think this staff has given up (quick backing him) on him. Infact I think they've gone out of thier way to develop him, to the point that they were willing to risk bad publicity and follow fan discontent as they ran him out there to learn on the field in the absence of any better option.

I actually think they only put a 3rd round tender on him as a means to keep the level of contract down with respect to leverage and value.

Fourth, As to the teams looking at him. I did a quick search this morning but could readily locate them, however, if memory serves, there were 4 other teams that either had private workouts for TJ or went to see him work out.

That kindof gets lost in the shuffle of all this when one considers why the staff moved up to get him as he surely wouldn't have been there when we picked again. History proves that out when you look at what QB's were taken out of that class and who are still in the league and have actually been productive for thier respective teams.

Again, there is a strong contingent on here who don't like TJ, but he has won games and has been productive.

On a side note, watched the 1969 "Lost Rings" episode last night. I wonder how many people knew that Capp threw the jump ball?

LOL, I still marvel that posters on here hack on TJ for doing things like that when almost every QB in the league has done it at one time or another.

Would you say TJACK is a donovan Mcnabb type scrambler?

I never really saw Mcnabb as "fast", but he was just quick for his size...
    None

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

12purplepride28 wrote:
    Key phrase at the end, "at one time or another". The jump pass is a habit of Jacksons, not a rare occurrence.
    Habit huh. How many times have you seen him actually do it?

I can remember 3. The Noodle himself did it at least 4 times last year if you count that one shovel pass that he jumped up on.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

PerplexedPopcorn wrote:
    Would you say TJACK is a donovan Mcnabb type scrambler?

I never really saw Mcnabb as "fast", but he was just quick for his size...
    Love the word "scrambler". Better description. And yes, I think he is the same type of scrambler.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

#4kicksA$$ wrote:
    Are you serious T-Joke better than Whitehurst,wtf are you smokin. T-Joke couldn't even hold Whitehurst's jock.
    Don't do this much, but in this case, I thought it was warranted........ :dry:

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516