Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Childress says Hicks should be just fine

"singersp" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    Just the other day I was wondering if Hicks had more experience on the left side and here Childress is quoted "he's more comfortable on the left side".

I think Hicks can play well enough
    with the help of his teamates to get us through this stretch. More importantly we'll find out just how expendable Bryant McKinnie is or isn't.

Why?

Is there something you have seen in him that others haven't? Or is it blind faith?
    How about the game he played last year for McKinnie when he was out with an injury?

One thing is for certain, Hicks is faster getting out of his stance & stands a better chance against speed rushers than McKinnie can give

Blind faith is believing that McKinnie is something he's not. We all know that McKinnie was one of the worst in the league for giving up sacks & we also know that our run game is better when they are running behind the other players on the line.

No, Blind faith is rubber stamping every move and comment that the organization does without scrutinizing it first.

What you are saying is that in this offense(which has been best described as difficult to learn and one that after 2 years has yet to be mastered by the starters) he is now somehow going to step in and be as productive as the rest of the line?

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    Just the other day I was wondering if Hicks had more experience on the left side and here Childress is quoted "he's more comfortable on the left side".

with the help of his teamates to get us through this stretch. More importantly we'll find out just how expendable Bryant McKinnie is or isn't.

Why?

Is there something you have seen in him that others haven't? Or is it blind faith?
    How about the game he played last year for McKinnie when he was out with an injury?

One thing is for certain, Hicks is faster getting out of his stance & stands a better chance against speed rushers than McKinnie can give

Blind faith is believing that McKinnie is something he's not. We all know that McKinnie was one of the worst in the league for giving up sacks & we also know that our run game is better when they are running behind the other players on the line.

No, Blind faith is rubber stamping every move and comment that the organization does without scrutinizing it first.

What you are saying is that in this offense(which has been best described as difficult to learn and one that after 2 years has yet to be mastered by the starters) he is now somehow going to step in and be as productive as the rest of the line?
    I for one didn't rubber stamp the FO's move of not adding sufficient depth to the O-Line this past year. Two of the rookie players they did add are no longer with the team.

What I am saying about Hicks is that if he gives us at least better pass protection than McKinnie, that could be a plus over McKinnie. McKinnie gave up 7 sacks last year. Our run game last year ran behind the LT only 8% or 13% of the time we ran the ball & that was the least productive to run behind.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:

Why?

I for one didn't rubber stamp the FO's move of not adding sufficient depth to the O-Line this past year. Two of the rookie players they did add are no longer with the team.

What I am saying about Hicks is that if he gives us at least better pass protection than McKinnie, that could be a plus over McKinnie. McKinnie gave up 7 sacks last year. Our run game last year ran behind the LT only 8% or 13% of the time we ran the ball & that was the least productive to run behind.
    I think the FO did a fine job of not reaching for players in the draft. John Sullivan is one guy we did get and so far he's stout, smart and a quick learner. Drew Rodavich is a guy who might turn out, I like Mike Mayock and he says Drew's his man. Guys like Marcus Johnson and Artis Hicks are good to have around for veteran backups that are are multi-position and familair with the system.

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:

Why?

Scrutinizing is fine when theres a time for it, Like the way we used Troy Williamson as a kick returner.

I know I certainly avoided scrutinizing the addition of FA aquisitions or the past three drafts. IMO there is less to scrutinize then ever before and once Tarvaris silents the critics its gonna get even more mum. The number one factor being, Win Games.

Mikecarter81 is offline Coordinator

I think time will tell,
    I've never been a big fan of Artis but what else could Childress say?

I doubt very much that he will sit up in front of the podium be like "Oh
    Jesus were screwed! I never saw this coming.
    We had better prepare or shit sandwhich!
    Oh what was your question again... Judd?"

Mike
    I am an avid Viking fan, but also am an avid restoration guy of vintage Mopar(Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth)B bodies

"Mikecarter81" wrote:
    I think time will tell,
    I've never been a big fan of Artis but what else could Childress say?

I doubt very much that he will sit up in front of the podium be like "Oh
    Jesus were screwed! I never saw this coming.
    We had better prepare or pooh sandwhich!
    Oh what was your question again... Judd?"

Mike
    I know he wouldn't say that. They new the suspension was a possibility and they new that Artis Hicks was the backup.

Mikecarter81 is offline Coordinator

I know man, I'm just adding a little levity to the post!
    ;D

mike
    I am an avid Viking fan, but also am an avid restoration guy of vintage Mopar(Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth)B bodies

[size=16pt]Teammates confident in Artis Hicks[/size]

Posted by Sean Jensen on September 2, 2008 2:59 PM

http://blogs.twincities.com/Vikings/..._in_hicks.html

Take it for what its worth. Sounds to me like they prepared him for what happened.

[size=16pt]Minnesota Vikings trust in Artis Hicks as Bryant McKinnie's stand-in[/size]

By Sean Jensen
    [email protected]
    Article Last Updated: 09/03/2008 12:35:43 AM CDT

http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_10366730

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

[size=12pt]Timing of McKinnie's Suspension Is Awful[/size]
    Posted Sep 3rd 2008 8:24AM
    by JJ Cooper
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast