Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Childress says Hicks should be just fine

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/27791724.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiUo8cyaiUiD3aPc:_Yyc:a ULPQL7PQLanchO7DiU
    Brad Childress hopes the four-game suspension Bryant McKinnie received from the NFL last week will serve as a wake-up call. But right now the primary concern of the Vikings coach is replacing his starting left tackle for the first quarter of the season...
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Childress says Hicks should be just fine

I guess it should be said "What else could he say?" Well yeah we think he will be horrible and we will just have to hope for the best?

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Just the other day I was wondering if Hicks had more experience on the left side and here Childress is quoted "he's more comfortable on the left side".

I think Hicks can play well enough with the help of his teamates to get us through this stretch. More importantly we'll find out just how expendable Bryant McKinnie is or isn't.

thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

im thinking we just put kleinsauser on the left side to help in protection for the first 4 games

"thevikingfan" wrote:
    im thinking we just put kleinsauser on the left side to help in protection for the first 4 games
    I think we will give him the help and we certainly have the tools to do that.

PurplePowerPunch is offline Pro-Bowler

Well I hope he's ready while Mt. McKinnie is out. Hicks has to face KGB, Freeney, Peppers, and Vanden Bosch in all four weeks. I say we slide Dugan or Shank over to give him a hand, cause it's going to get tough!

ALL DAY!!!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    Just the other day I was wondering if Hicks had more experience on the left side and here Childress is quoted "he's more comfortable on the left side".

I think Hicks can play well enough
    with the help of his teamates to get us through this stretch. More importantly we'll find out just how expendable Bryant McKinnie is or isn't.

Why?

Is there something you have seen in him that others haven't? Or is it blind faith?

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:

with the help of his teamates to get us through this stretch. More importantly we'll find out just how expendable Bryant McKinnie is or isn't.

Why?

Is there something you have seen in him that others haven't? Or is it blind faith?
    I'll say Hicks hasn't exactly surprised me but the fact that Childress is comfortable with the situation eases my mind a bit. Childress has witnessed Hicks step in and play fine LT, we're yet to see him play much on the left side if at all. I watched him during preseason he did well, the competition will be at a much higher level once the season begins but like I said with the help of his teamates we can make it through the stretch. Hicks won't be dead weight and we have a very very talented overall team and this exactly why I feel good about the upcoming games.

We'll see how it all boils down but to be quite honest I don't expect to have to have a powerhouse offense to win games, our defense has even gotten better and their used to scoring on there own.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:

Why?

How about the game he played last year for McKinnie when he was out with an injury?

One thing is for certain, Hicks is faster getting out of his stance & stands a better chance against speed rushers than McKinnie can give.

Blind faith is believing that McKinnie is something he's not. We all know that McKinnie was one of the worst in the league for giving up sacks & we also know that our run game is better when they are running behind the other players on the line.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"singersp" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:

Why?

How about the game he played last year for McKinnie when he was out with an injury?

One thing is for certain, Hicks is faster getting out of his stance & stands a better chance against speed rushers than McKinnie can give.

Blind faith is believing that McKinnie is something he's not. We all know that McKinnie was one of the worst in the league for giving up sacks & we also know that our run game is better when they are running behind the other players on the line.

If McKinnie was to play I think he could handle the situation. I noticed something though when reading on Trib, Gabaja had 4 sacks on McKinnie last season, 2 in each game. JA had two so that adds up to 6 sacks given up to two great players at there position. 1 Sack is remaining, other than that McKinnie was solid on his man. I don't know exactly what went wrong Vs Gabaja he's had better games VS's him, IMO its all a matter of McKinnie staying focused and poised, when he starts to wonder mentaly is when he's beat off the ball. IMO McKinnie's issues arn't in his physical set but his mental set.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast