cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Childress radio/Chilly for lunch?

"Zeus" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "FuadFan" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    What I get from the first article:
    We are going after Carr

What I get from the second article: We had better be drafting at least TWO WRs in the first three picks!!!!
    Huh? I wouldn't look at him not liking Carr's throwing motion and saying he can't make all the throws as having interest in him.
    I agree. This pretty much all indicate that we're NOT going after Carr.

I don't think they have ruled out fx. to bring in T. Green, but I see the most likely scenario in that they'll end up selecting a guy somewhere in the draft to supplement TJack and Bollinger.
    The thing with The Big Chill (TBC?) is that he's not going to tip his hand on a radio show.
    Saying he has problems with Carr might very well be a smoke-screen to keep the price down.

=Z=
    But the way he said it suggested otherwise.

It was not that he said they were not going for him directly, he just criticized his release.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"cogitans" wrote:
    But the way he said it suggested otherwise.

It was not that he said they were not going for him directly, he just criticized his release.
    Pretty much, I think my point is that we can't draw any conclusions from what TBC says, yay or nay, because he just isn't going to give up much info, unlike the knucklehead who came before him.
    Randy Ratio my ass.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

It could be a smoke screen, or it could be him wanting to devalue Carr so we can make a lower offer for him, or he could be telling the truth.
    "I always struggled with where [Carr's] release came from," Childress said. "It's kind of a drop-down, three-quarter, not overhand, over the top release. Just in the tape I've watched [since] he's been in the league, he can make some of the throws, he can't make all the throws. He gets some balls batted [down] at the line of scrimmage just because of where that ball comes from. ...

"He's a smart guy, he's a decent athlete but when you're buying a quarterback at this level and you kick the tires, there shouldn't be a lot of things that you're trying to straighten out."
    The biggest problem is that Carr has had several years to let the bad habit grow.
    Changing your throwing motion and release is not like teaching someone a new system.
    You have to completely retrain the muscles.

It wouldn't be impossible to correct, but it would be damn hard after so many years.
    Kubiak thought he could fix him too...

I wonder if Childress has decided that TJ will be less work for a bigger payoff is in the long run.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    ...I wonder if Childress has decided that TJ will be less work for a bigger payoff is in the long run.
    Indications look like that, willing to take a few lumps up front hoping it pays off and he excells.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    It wouldn't be impossible to correct, but it would be damn hard after so many years.
    Kubiak thought he could fix him too...
    Kubiak got the best season of Carr's NFL career out of him - and that still was with a horrible O-Line and a negligent running attack.

I'm not a Carr-crotch-sniffer by any means (I reserve all of my crotch-sniffing for Antoine Winfield and Scarlett Johannson) but I don't buy that "3/4-arm" crap for one second.
    If that truly was a problem, Carr never would have been drafted #1.

Hell - Dan Marino had a 3/4-arm release, too.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123