COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Childress Press Conference After AZ game

Childress: All right, let's talk about the injuries here first. Ray Edwards has a little sprain, strain excuse me, in his biceps. He reported after the game yesterday. He appears to be okay today. He'll be treating that. Marcus Robinson, an ankle contusion there. X-ray is negative. (His) back is fine. Dwight Smith, AC sprain, he should be okay. (He) had some residual soreness there. Chester Taylor just overall body soreness, and then Jermaine Wiggins has a slight MCL sprain. We'll see how Artis (Hicks) comes back, Marcus (Johnson) comes back. In their treatment they are moving around a little bit. We will see what that brings on Wednesday. Overall, just good to get back in the win column. You want to get on a roll here and play your best ball in December. I think the takeaways were significant, four on defense, one on special teams. Obviously equally significant was the kickoff return for a touchdown and the fumble return for a touchdown. You have to take care of that football and to have four in two weeks, we have to rectify that and we are moving to do that. I'm excited about playing the Bears. You know Vikings-Bears is a hell of a rivalry and we had a hell of a game the first time. I expect nothing less when we go down to Soldier field, which is a tough environment to play in weather-wise, and since the new Soldier Field is there it really bowls in the noise, so we'll have to be about our business. Obviously that's a good football team.

Q: Coach Tomlin talks about not caring about the specifics. Does it concern you though that the Cardinals threw 50 times for over 400 yards?
    A: You know, it's not, I mean people aren't going to try and run it as much as normally would happen when you are a good run defense. They obviously decided five times, I mean five run attempts, that they had a different plan on moving the football. And they are set up that way; they have a nice core of wide receivers, and they are comfortable with their one-back offense, and their quarterback back in the shotgun, so they just weren't going to hammer their head against the wall. I guess the bottom line is always points. The guys are stiffened up fairly well in the redzone. You hate the fact that they move it back and forth in between the red areas, but you are moving to try to create a better pass rush and give them some trouble as well.

For the rest of the article go to:
    http://www.vikings.com/news_detail_objectname_ChildressPc112706.html

Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Childress Press Conference After AZ game

Chilldres talks here about limiting Troys reps. Do you feel a bit of frustration in the answer as I do.

Q: Is your staff baffled or do you know why (Troy) Williamson keeps dropping passes?
    A: No, in a word. You don't get into what's wrong. He's dropping them, and obviously we've cut down his turns, his reps. He's got to play through. He's a first-round draft pick, the seventh pick in the draft. You've got to be able to catch the football.

I also think it is pretty interesting that we went to the 3-4 to get Leber on the field, if I understand this quote corectly.

Q: Can you just talk about the pass rush? Was it a 3-4 to get (Ben) Leber out there?
    A: Just wanting Ben in there as a good football player. He's smart, he has physical ability, and obviously he has a nose for the football. He caused both of those fumbles. So just wanting to elevate his turns and figuring out a way to be able to do that. I think we got him up to about 25 snaps. Again, if you want good football players on the field, you need to find a way to get them on the field.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Childress Press Conference After AZ game

Q: Can you just talk about the pass rush? Was it a 3-4 to get (Ben) Leber out there?
    A: Just wanting Ben in there as a good football player. He's smart, he has physical ability, and obviously he has a nose for the football. He caused both of those fumbles. So just wanting to elevate his turns and figuring out a way to be able to do that. I think we got him up to about 25 snaps. Again, if you want good football players on the field, you need to find a way to get them on the field.
    I really really really like this idea!!!

get leber on the field more often!!!

B.chill has in the last few weeks shown at least to me that he is seeing a larger picture and tweeking the team here and there to fine tune some key parts, while trying to solidify others. Most of us have stated we wanted to see what he did with a team if started having a loosing record. well. we have, and I can honestly say i like the coaching thats going on.

B.chill
    show us that your vision is not tainted and that u can guide the VIkes to a powerhouse status!!

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall