Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Childress' Press Conference.

NFL coaches wearing a suit are 2-0 this week.
    Put a suit on him.

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries

Is it a bad thing if I hope Brad gets knocked out of the game?
    Nothing serious but something minor.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Here are some things I have questions about..

Q: Is it possible the defensive line's success against the run is working against the defense?
    A: I mean you can only do two things, run it or pass it. So you know when you force somebody, as they say, to be one dimensional, I can't see the downside to that, I really can't. Everybody has a little different version of that open backfield or the empty sets. It just takes you a second to get up to speed with that. And throw in the no huddle on top of it. I think that they made some nice adjustments and obviously settled down..

Exactly.. They shut down the run, so they knew they were going to pass right? It is f'n Joey Harrington for crying out loud.. They should have had no problems shutting their passing game down knowing full well that they were going to abandoned the running game.. No f'n excuses there, that is the sign of a crappy team..

Q: Given the 10 turnovers by Brad Johnson in the last four games, when do you think it might be time to switch things up?
    A: I'm not contemplating that right now.

This right here is what has me second guessing Brad Childress as a leader.. He should know that with the poor play basically all season long, we are not going anywhere but home after the last game of the season.. At least make a statement and put in Brooks Bollinger or Tarvaris Jackson for the remainder of the season.. This is a joke..

AROD is offline Waterboy

Brad Childress has to be dumbest coach in the league... How many times can you watch your quarterback play like poo and then tell everyone after the game that it wasnt his fault.
    Every team in the league has recievers that drop the ball from time to time but they get more chances.
    It seams with brad that ours dont, he never throws to them..
    Chester could drop a ball here and there and we wouldnt even notice it because he get gets 10 balls thrown to him a game. And our offensive line has played fine, what do you expect from them.

He also said in his press conference that he owns it to the team to play the best players he's got.
    Brad does not give us the best chance to win and i dont how he hasnt figured that out.
    We have the worst offense in the league and somehow that not brads fault.
    The guy is scared to throw the ball to anyone unless they are wide open...

I have questioned every single move Childress has made since hes been the coach and now i know why!

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

I honestly believe that Childress will improve next season, especially after getting a better idea of the players on the team, he will hopefully make moves in the offseason for players more suitable to our styles of play.

That being said, from a fan's perspective, it doesn't look like he's doing a whole lot to try and salvage the season.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

purplepete is offline Training Camp

!

Not good coaching! How many times this year has it been 4th and 1... the Offense is on the field. No hard count or nothing and we call time out. After the break it comes back with our punting unit on. Why not just send the unit out in the first place and save the time out for the end of the game or half when we usually could have used them. Anyone ever seen more pointless challenges that what Childress does? Once again, just give the timeout away!

Property0f is offline Pro-Bowler

I think he just really really really really really...really doesn't want to play TJ right now...Due to the fact that he believes it's just too early for him to step on the field and would do more harm than good for his development. It just seems like he is delaying the inevitable as long as he possibly can.

Thus you have him keeping Brad in because he believes he is the best player that we have at the position as of now. And I know that this isn't saying much, but that just goes to show how much trust Childress has in Bollinger (I.E. waste of draft pick).

I would love to see TJ get some game time, but I have to give Childress the benefit of the doubt and pray that the guy isnt a moron. Hopefully, we just have to go through one more game of torture with Brad at qb. Hopefully.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"Property0f" wrote:
    I think he just really really really really really...really doesn't want to play TJ right now...Due to the fact that he believes it's just too early for him to step on the field and would do more harm than good for his development. It just seems like he is delaying the inevitable as long as he possibly can.

Thus you have him keeping Brad in because he believes he is the best player that we have at the position as of now. And I know that this isn't saying much, but that just goes to show how much trust Childress has in Bollinger (I.E. waste of draft pick).

I would love to see TJ get some game time, but I have to give Childress the benefit of the doubt and pray that the guy isnt a silly guy. Hopefully, we just have to go through one more game of torture with Brad at qb. Hopefully.
    What draft pick?
    I thought we just traded Bollinger for CJ mosley straight up

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Property0f is offline Pro-Bowler

September 1, 2006 Acquired quarterback Brooks Bollinger from the New York Jets for defensive tackle C.J. Mosley and an undisclosed draft pick.

http://sports-att.espn.go.com/nfl/te...tions?team=min

baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

"AROD" wrote:
    Brad Childress has to be dumbest coach in the league... How many times can you watch your quarterback play like poo and then tell everyone after the game that it wasnt his fault.
    Every team in the league has recievers that drop the ball from time to time but they get more chances.
    It seams with brad that ours dont, he never throws to them..
    Chester could drop a ball here and there and we wouldnt even notice it because he get gets 10 balls thrown to him a game. And our offensive line has played fine, what do you expect from them.

He also said in his press conference that he owns it to the team to play the best players he's got.
    Brad does not give us the best chance to win and i dont how he hasnt figured that out.
    We have the worst offense in the league and somehow that not brads fault.
    The guy is scared to throw the ball to anyone unless they are wide open...

I have questioned every single move Childress has made since hes been the coach and now i know why!
    First post I have seen of yours.

I love it.

Just had to quote it for the truth.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast