Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16
  1. #11
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,403

    Re: Childress Press Conference - 12/03/2007

    "Prophet" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    I hate when they don't have the audio that you can play in the background.
    Don't they know that our reading and comprehension proficiency is hovering around the second grade level?
    Make a cartoon out of it so I can understand.
    lmao, I know exactly what you mean. You've come to expect it when you go in there. Now you think: 'Oh man, I got to read all this shit'
    Exactly.
    We have to prioritize our procrastination time.
    Now we're expected to read this too?
    What is this world coming to?
    It makes it that much harder in prioritizing. Like: 'Oh there goes my shower today'

    Thanks to PPE for the sig.

  2. #12
    Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,654

    Re: Childress Press Conference - 12/03/2007

    "cogitans" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    I hate when they don't have the audio that you can play in the background.
    Don't they know that our reading and comprehension proficiency is hovering around the second grade level?
    Make a cartoon out of it so I can understand.
    lmao, I know exactly what you mean. You've come to expect it when you go in there. Now you think: 'Oh man, I got to read all this pooh'
    Exactly.
    We have to prioritize our procrastination time.
    Now we're expected to read this too?
    What is this world coming to?
    It makes it that much harder in prioritizing. Like: 'Oh there goes my shower today'
    did you take that from jim gaffigan? i love jim gaffigan
    i m better than you, so just give up...

  3. #13
    The Dropper's Avatar
    The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Portland, Ore.
    Posts
    2,101

    Re: Childress Press Conference - 12/03/2007

    "cogitans" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    I hate when they don't have the audio that you can play in the background.
    Don't they know that our reading and comprehension proficiency is hovering around the second grade level?
    Make a cartoon out of it so I can understand.
    lmao, I know exactly what you mean. You've come to expect it when you go in there. Now you think: 'Oh man, I got to read all this shit'
    Exactly.
    We have to prioritize our procrastination time.
    Now we're expected to read this too?
    What is this world coming to?
    It makes it that much harder in prioritizing. Like: 'Oh there goes my shower today'
    No, no, no. You just need to reschedule your procrastination time to multitask. See, it's not 'Oh man, I got to read all this shit;' it should be 'Oh man, I get to read this while I shit.'

  4. #14
    jessejames09's Avatar
    jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,233

    Re: Childress Press Conference - 12/03/2007

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

    I just don't see why everyone seems to remain focused on who the hell is the starter.
    Does it really matter considering the need to rotate players in and out to keep them fresh and to get matchups based on down and distance and player packages?

    What the hell am I missing here?
    :

    Q: Did Erasmus James do enough to remain the starting right defensive end?

    A: He was the starting defensive end, so I’m not sure until I go upstairs and we have our meeting here, how many sacks, snaps that those guys traded. Yeah, he had some nice moves, as did Ray (Edwards). Ray pushed a couple of sacks to other people as well.
    Well it matters only statswise. And it matters to the players, as many of them probably have some kind of incentives in their contracts in terms of starts.

    There is a little extra focus on the player when you look back at how many starts he has racked up in a career or season.
    I guess I should have added that in there, as I am aware of that.
    The focus of my question is more fan/press related.


    Why the heck do they care who starts so much?
    Trust me it isn't because they are worried that he might make his incentives my friend.


    I believe it is because "Joe Shit the Rag Man, Average Fan" doesn't even have a clue that they actually rotate or heck, for that matter, realize, when they are named the starter, they don't actually take the first snap (ala Peterson last week).

    Again, a assinine question based on a lack of knowledge is my guess.
    My reasoning is, a starter gets more playing time. And I'd rather have Edwards start on the right over EJ. Why, you ask? Because I think Edwards adds a lot more toughness, he's quick, but he has a great bull rush.

    In short, I don't see Edwards get beat out of a play (plowed through or knocked over) as much as EJ.Edwards seems to get to the QB better too.

  5. #15
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Childress Press Conference - 12/03/2007

    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

    I just don't see why everyone seems to remain focused on who the hell is the starter.
    Does it really matter considering the need to rotate players in and out to keep them fresh and to get matchups based on down and distance and player packages?

    What the hell am I missing here?
    :

    Q: Did Erasmus James do enough to remain the starting right defensive end?

    A: He was the starting defensive end, so I’m not sure until I go upstairs and we have our meeting here, how many sacks, snaps that those guys traded. Yeah, he had some nice moves, as did Ray (Edwards). Ray pushed a couple of sacks to other people as well.
    Well it matters only statswise. And it matters to the players, as many of them probably have some kind of incentives in their contracts in terms of starts.

    There is a little extra focus on the player when you look back at how many starts he has racked up in a career or season.
    I guess I should have added that in there, as I am aware of that.
    The focus of my question is more fan/press related.


    Why the heck do they care who starts so much?
    Trust me it isn't because they are worried that he might make his incentives my friend.


    I believe it is because "Joe pooh the Rag Man, Average Fan" doesn't even have a clue that they actually rotate or heck, for that matter, realize, when they are named the starter, they don't actually take the first snap (ala Peterson last week).

    Again, a assinine question based on a lack of knowledge is my guess.
    My reasoning is, a starter gets more playing time. And I'd rather have Edwards start on the right over EJ. Why, you ask? Because I think Edwards adds a lot more toughness, he's quick, but he has a great bull rush.

    In short, I don't see Edwards get beat out of a play (plowed through or knocked over) as much as EJ.Edwards seems to get to the QB better too.
    OK, I'll give you the extra playing time but just barely.

    As to Edwards getting to the QB faster than EJ (I assume that isn't EJ Henderson) how can you make that assesment?

    Erasmus has been slowed by injury for like ever.
    In fact, coming out of college, Erasmus had a heck of alot more upside that Edwards did.

    http://football.about.com/od/playerp...asmusjames.htm

    Long story short, we haven't been getting alot of sacks from that side this year (Edwards 4.0 sacks) so lets let Erasmus get some reps if he is finally back up to 100% and see if he can help get some additional pressure on the QB.

    Win win in my book, he can't do any worse (sack wise) that Edwards, he gets some reps and gets back in the groove, adds another set of legs to the rotation ect ect ect, especially if we do make it into the playoffs.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #16
    bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,955

    Re: Childress Press Conference - 12/03/2007

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

    I just don't see why everyone seems to remain focused on who the hell is the starter.
    Does it really matter considering the need to rotate players in and out to keep them fresh and to get matchups based on down and distance and player packages?

    What the hell am I missing here?
    :

    Q: Did Erasmus James do enough to remain the starting right defensive end?

    A: He was the starting defensive end, so I’m not sure until I go upstairs and we have our meeting here, how many sacks, snaps that those guys traded. Yeah, he had some nice moves, as did Ray (Edwards). Ray pushed a couple of sacks to other people as well.
    Well it matters only statswise. And it matters to the players, as many of them probably have some kind of incentives in their contracts in terms of starts.

    There is a little extra focus on the player when you look back at how many starts he has racked up in a career or season.
    I guess I should have added that in there, as I am aware of that.
    The focus of my question is more fan/press related.


    Why the heck do they care who starts so much?
    Trust me it isn't because they are worried that he might make his incentives my friend.


    I believe it is because "Joe pooh the Rag Man, Average Fan" doesn't even have a clue that they actually rotate or heck, for that matter, realize, when they are named the starter, they don't actually take the first snap (ala Peterson last week).

    Again, a assinine question based on a lack of knowledge is my guess.
    My reasoning is, a starter gets more playing time. And I'd rather have Edwards start on the right over EJ. Why, you ask? Because I think Edwards adds a lot more toughness, he's quick, but he has a great bull rush.

    In short, I don't see Edwards get beat out of a play (plowed through or knocked over) as much as EJ.Edwards seems to get to the QB better too.
    OK, I'll give you the extra playing time but just barely.

    As to Edwards getting to the QB faster than EJ (I assume that isn't EJ Henderson) how can you make that assesment?

    Erasmus has been slowed by injury for like ever.
    In fact, coming out of college, Erasmus had a heck of alot more upside that Edwards did.

    http://football.about.com/od/playerp...asmusjames.htm

    Long story short, we haven't been getting alot of sacks from that side this year (Edwards 4.0 sacks) so lets let Erasmus get some reps if he is finally back up to 100% and see if he can help get some additional pressure on the QB.

    Win win in my book, he can't do any worse (sack wise) that Edwards, he gets some reps and gets back in the groove, adds another set of legs to the rotation ect ect ect, especially if we do make it into the playoffs.
    I like Raz back there better as well.... although edwards is good... I do think Raz has more upside.. but we also thought that about udeze....

    the thing about edwards is, if he screws up again, then he's gone for a year...

    Maybe that's why Raz got the start over him last game.. bc he knew the suspension was looming... just speculation..

    either way... I don't think it's a drop off whoever is on that side...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Childress Press Conference - 12/18/2007
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-19-2007, 06:49 AM
  2. Childress Press Conference - 11/26/2007
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-28-2007, 07:43 AM
  3. Brad Childress Press Conference 11/19/2007
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-20-2007, 07:09 AM
  4. Childress Press Conference - 10/29/2007
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-31-2007, 05:09 PM
  5. Childress Press Conference
    By PurplePumpkin in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-05-2006, 03:04 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •