Childress Press Conference - 10/29/2007

[size=13pt]Childress Press Conference[/size]

10/29/2007

www.vikings.com

Head Coach Brad Childress........

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Childress Press Conference - 10/29/2007

Q: What is the overall mindset right now at 2-5? How do you keep going?

A: You keep these guys alive just because you see those glimmers. If you can play the way you played with the first kickoff, the first defensive series, even though we had a defensive (pass interference), the first offensive series, there is no reason you can’t prolong that through the football game. Obviously some of those things are self-inflicted. Some of them are not making a play when a play is available to you, whether it be on offense or defense. System-wise you show that to those guys. You know what, you have to press on and compete. These are tough times. Nobody likes it but there are opportunities that are there. Once again I need to make sure that I’m continuing to explore all of the opportunities to give our guys a chance to use their skills.
    There is the crowd that thinks Childress is not trying to adapt to the players abilities by adapting his strategy.
    Childress says, "I'm continuing to explore all of the opportunties to give our guys a chance to use their skills." The question of the masses seems to boil down to is Childress in over his head?
    I could name the fans that think he is and have yet to see a convincing argument proving it.
    I have also yet to see a convincing argument to prove that he is not in over his head.
    The only thing that will sort this out is time.
    I feel confident that by the end of this season it will be much more obvious whether Childress' team will show signs of improvement.

What I often wonder is how many of the 'offense is king' crowd would be whining and complaining if the Vikings had the same record and were losing after scoring 30+ pts.
    I don't know.
    I do know that for anyone to have a semblance of credibility in any of their arguments they need to present the pros and cons and then present their argument with information that is not pulled out of their sphincter.
    That goes for any topic, not just the Vikings.
    I'm thankful that some folks on this site at least try to do that.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Prophet" wrote:
    Q: What is the overall mindset right now at 2-5? How do you keep going?

A: You keep these guys alive just because you see those glimmers. If you can play the way you played with the first kickoff, the first defensive series, even though we had a defensive (pass interference), the first offensive series, there is no reason you can’t prolong that through the football game. Obviously some of those things are self-inflicted. Some of them are not making a play when a play is available to you, whether it be on offense or defense. System-wise you show that to those guys. You know what, you have to press on and compete. These are tough times. Nobody likes it but there are opportunities that are there. Once again I need to make sure that I’m continuing to explore all of the opportunities to give our guys a chance to use their skills.
    There is the crowd that thinks Childress is not trying to adapt to the players abilities by adapting his strategy.
    Childress says, "I'm continuing to explore all of the opportunties to give our guys a chance to use their skills." The question of the masses seems to boil down to is Childress in over his head?
    I could name the fans that think he is and have yet to see a convincing argument proving it.
    I have also yet to see a convincing argument to prove that he is not in over his head.
    The only thing that will sort this out is time.
    I feel confident that by the end of this season it will be much more obvious whether Childress' team will show signs of improvement.

What I often wonder is how many of the 'offense is king' crowd would be whining and complaining if the Vikings had the same record and were losing after scoring 30+ pts.
    I don't know.
    I do know that for anyone to have a semblance of credibility in any of their arguments they need to present the pros and cons and then present their argument with information that is not pulled out of their sphincter.
    That goes for any topic, not just the Vikings.
    I'm thankful that some folks on this site at least try to do that.
    You know, sometimes you come up with some very insightfull crap my friend.
    Nice post.

So let me get this straight.
    I just need to throw in some Cons with all my Pros and I will convince you?
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Q: Do you have an emergency list of quarterbacks if Jackson and Holcomb can’t go? I can’t imagine you would want to go into the game with only one healthy quarterback.

A:
    No, Rick (Spielman) has got an emergency list of quarterbacks that we can go through. We’ve got an emergency list on our team, but that’s just what they are, emergency quarterbacks. I’m pretty sure we can get a couple healthy somewhere along the line here within the building
    WHAT

Little Hitler doesn't have the list.
    Play that back again please.

A:
    No, Rick (Spielman) has got an emergency list of quarterbacks that we can go through.
    What the hell
    How can that be.
    The Chiller isn't in charge of the list?
    WTF?

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    ;D
    lmao, no.
    I want to see more games, I find it difficult to be totally pro or totally against a coach when it appears to me that much of the problem is in execution and a few key positions.
    To see how they do the rest of the year while being in this quagmire will help me formulate my opinion.
    I was laughing yesterday when someone posted that your optimism was destroying your marriage though, that was some funny shit.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    ;D
    lmao, no.
    I want to see more games, I find it difficult to be totally pro or totally against a coach when it appears to me that much of the problem is in execution and a few key positions.
    To see how they do the rest of the year while being in this quagmire will help me formulate my opinion.
    I was laughing yesterday when someone posted that your optimism was destroying your marriage though, that was some funny pooh.
    That was funny.
    I don't think he was serious.
    ;D

I've done much worse in life that she would/should have shit canned me for and she is still with me.
    Again, a blessing.
    ;D

soonerbornNbred is offline Pro-Bowler

you two need to get a room...Not condemning either one of you but challenging both of you to step back for 48-72 hours and not defend the coach...post about absolutely everything else about the vikings...just for 72 hours dont post rebuttals or attacks or anything defending the coach....almost like AA

4 ur own health challenge?

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

There is little doubt that Childress (Bevell) is trying to make adjustments with the players. They have gone to tighter formations, brought in extra blockers, rotated QB's, linemen and I even hear he switched his lucky ducky underwear. But as Yoda once said: "Do or do not, there is no try"

The one thing that I have to wonder though, if if there are all of these problems in the offense, shouldn't that have been apparent last season, in the offseason and the preseason? Was it wise to play TJ for a series or two in the preseason and then sit him when he needed so much more experience to be at a competitive level?

I think it is safe to say the rest of the season will be more of the same we have seen so far. The question is, what will the organization as a whole do to turn the ship around and head in the right direction. It will take different players at many positions, some changes in some coaching positions, and some direction from the top.None of that will happen this year.

"soonerbornNbred" wrote:
    you two need to get a room...Not condemning either one of you but challenging both of you to step back for 48-72 hours and not defend the coach...post about absolutely everything else about the vikings...just for 72 hours dont post rebuttals or attacks or anything defending the coach....almost like AA
    challenge?
    Perhaps reading comprehension isn't your strong point.
    I suggest finding a single post of mine, ever, that is simply defending the coach.
    You can start with this thread.
    I choose to call out people that make unsupported statements and treat them as fact.
    That, I am guilty of.

soonerbornNbred is offline Pro-Bowler

I agree with you 100% as will my wife ; I dont comprehend for crap...That said will you accept the challenge set before you?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast