Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Childress Press Conference 10/22/07

"El" wrote:
    Wooow,what a debate for a "little" sentence.
    It ´s obvious Chilly is a liar,but it makes me laugh the way He evades the questions,and all that cliches he likes to use like"ehhm we are a development team" "We have to improve " ,"football is a sport team".I know is his job and He does what He can but IMO I don´t know If someone could difference one press conference from another
    ;D
    My friend, were you around for the Denny Green era.

His double talk in an effort to ensure no one had any information on the team was coined as "Denny Speak".

That guy had a personnality that would put the Chiller to shame.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"V" wrote:
    Wow, totally overblown comments based on one statement. In the end, I can't believe Chilly haters still take what he says literally. In fact, Chilly has never revealed much in his press conferences, and he always lies in them. My advice is top listening and judge from the actions that he takes.

We have underacheived up to this point. That is just a fact. KC, Detroit, and GB were kaka del rio losses. Not all of it can be blamed on the coach, but losing winnable games is something that coach is eventually held responsible for. The pattern was apparent last this, and it has resurfaced again this year.

In fact, that is the most frustrating part about Childress. It seems that this team has the exact same problems it had last year:
    No QB
    Underacheiving OL
    No TE
    No WR
    Weak Pass Defense

So the question is, what has Chilly really done to improve this team. I think he has brought in some great talent, but he has done nothing with that talent.

That being said. Look at the rest of our schedule. Anything less than 7-9 is unacceptable.

In the end, all I want to see is PROGRESS
    I think that is a very fair evaluation at this point.
    Although I am surprised that you would be happy with a 7-9 record.
    I was a Chilly supporter all last season and through the beginning of this one.
    Now I am decidedly neutral.
    I will accept nothing less than 8-8, and that is ONLY if we are playing very well at the end of the season.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Blog Entries

"CCthebest" wrote:
    Yeah Wade, Ferggie, Cook, Brooks, Holcolm, Hicks, etc. all show what a great judge in talent Childress has. Childress wouldnt know a good WR or QB if one bit him in the jiggly butt.

Anyone that says Cook played decent needs their head examined.

Any coach that doesnt have AD on the field ALL the time when the game is on the line is an idiot. Keep AD fresh? He could prolly play every single down and still be fresh. Other RBs have. AD was drafted to make plays, not stay fresh. Play him! First drive they threw it to AD, what, twice right? And they scored. How many passes went his way after that? If they put 8-9 in the box, throw a screen pass to him, Let him catch the ball in the open field and see what he can do. At least TJ should be able to complete a short pass right?
    I actually dropped the F-bomb out loud (at work) when I read that.
    CC, despite your constant and at times inexplicable hatred for Childress, you at least come out sounding intelligent more times than not.
    Or at a minimum not wholly uneducated, like C Mac (OK, just kidding, couldn't resist ).
    But what the hell happened here?

Reread you comments and you will know that isn't true.
    You can't, CAN'T, expect a rookie RB to come out and be not only an every down back, but also one that is involved in every play.
    In fact, you can't ask any veteran running back to do that consistently either.

Yes, you can make an argument that he could be involved more.
    I don't know if it is the correct thing to do, but I can see the argument.
    But every single play?
    Are you kidding me?
    Involved on every single play?
    Come on.
    That sounds like the Randy Ratio regurgitated.
    And we know how well that worked out...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

NodakPaul

My point about AD is they have to use him more. He needs to be in handling the ball more in the second half. No one knows how tough he is, and other rookies have played alot more time then he has. Just look at what hes done when he has had the ball. Feed it to him till he asks for a breather.

Blog Entries

"CCthebest" wrote:
    NodakPaul

My point about AD is they have to use him more. He needs to be in handling the ball more in the second half. No one knows how tough he is, and other rookies have played alot more time then he has. Just look at what hes done when he has had the ball. Feed it to him till he asks for a breather.
    I understand that point of view.
    I am just looking at it more long term.
    Rookies very rarely ask for a breather.
    They want to prove they are the greatest, especially when there is the possibility of them actually being the greatest.
    At about week 13 or 14 though, they hit what is known as the rookie wall.
    Their bodies simply aren't used to playing an extended schedule.
    Add to that the fact that AD didn't even have a complete season since his sophomore year, and even when he did he never saw the amount of touches or punishment that he does not, and I worry that this rookie wall is going to hit hard.

I am OK with using AD more, especially in the second half.
    But I am not OK with working him until he breaks down.
    I want to have AD dominating the league for years to come.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "CCthebest" wrote:
    NodakPaul

I understand that point of view.
    I am just looking at it more long term.
    Rookies very rarely ask for a breather.
    They want to prove they are the greatest, especially when there is the possibility of them actually being the greatest.
    At about week 13 or 14 though, they hit what is known as the rookie wall.
    Their bodies simply aren't used to playing an extended schedule.
    Add to that the fact that AD didn't even have a complete season since his sophomore year, and even when he did he never saw the amount of touches or punishment that he does not, and I worry that this rookie wall is going to hit hard.

I am OK with using AD more, especially in the second half.
    But I am not OK with working him until he breaks down.
    I want to have AD dominating the league for years to come.
    What are they saving him for? If they don't start winning the last month of the season is going to be pointles anyway. I personally don't think that he will hit a wall, you still think he is human instead of the cyborg from the future he really is. But is he does hit a wall I don't think it will effect his play next year, he will have the entire off season to get healthy. The extra carries might have an affect on how many seasons he can play but i would rather he have seven 2,000yard seasons than ten 1,500yard seasons, and who knows if he will even be with the vikings that far in the future. By then he could be relegated to the "official Adrian Peterson thread, where anyone that still appreciates what he did for the vikings is
    called a "crotch sniffer" with "man love". Think about it.

x-ray jeff is offline Coordinator

They shouldn't save AP. They should use him until he needs to catch his breath, then spell him with Chester. There is a chance they won't have the luxury of two good backs next year, so they better do it now. The average career of an NFL back is like three years or something, use 'em while you got 'em!! The only thing in the league that has stopped Peterson this year is his own head coach, fer chrissakes!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234