Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Childress Press Conference 10/22/07

"Frostbite" wrote:
    You guys are making some great points in debate....both sides. For me personally it's not a question that Chilly doesn't recognize tallent. It is more like he isn't sure when and how to use what he has effectively or in the most effecient ways, and part of that is also on the O-coordinator.

I have thought about this a lot and read a lot of posts on both sides of this Chilly issue. I am not going to sit here and try to make any excuses for him or other coaches. We all know performance and getting the job done is all that really matters, but with said I am not sure any coach in the League could have come here and taken over for Tice...basically a
    team that was embarrased...demoralized....floundering with little if any unity and direction and been able to make quality competitors out of them in 2 years. I think we have made some positive strides since last season.....especially defensively. The team scouts and player personal manager took a chance on T.J.....it's not working out....so maybe next year Chilly and the coaches get a quality QB and a Top WR...maybe a Top TE...and then the Viking Ship will have the Oarsman to make a run at the Division title....maybe further.

Some of the strategy and play calling have been weak.....but on the other hand....some of the execution on offense has been worse.

JMHO....Cheers Everyone.
    Very good assessment IMO.

I am now in the camp that think TJ may not work out. And I think Childress has yet to learn how to get the most out of his players talents.

But it is without a doubt he has a great running game and run stopping defense. The special teams have come around as well despite the blocked field goal.

These are very key ingredients to a team that needs an accurate poised QB, one good wide receiver, more pass rushing pressure, and probably a right tackle, to be a very good team.

Just a poised accurate QB would be enough to make this team MUCH better. Too bad there aren't any on the roster. We have to stick with TJ and hope he comes around. The other two aren't very good or likely to improve.
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"CCthebest" wrote:
    Yeah Wade, Ferggie, Cook, Brooks, Holcolm, Hicks, etc. all show what a great judge in talent Childress has. Childress wouldnt know a good WR or QB if one bit him in the jiggly butt.

Anyone that says Cook played decent needs their head examined.

Any coach that doesnt have AD on the field ALL the time when the game is on the line is an idiot. Keep AD fresh? He could prolly play every single down and still be fresh. Other RBs have. AD was drafted to make plays, not stay fresh. Play him! First drive they threw it to AD, what, twice right? And they scored. How many passes went his way after that? If they put 8-9 in the box, throw a screen pass to him, Let him catch the ball in the open field and see what he can do. At least TJ should be able to complete a short pass right?
    Again I will beg you to respond so we can have a logical discussion on your posts..........

Are you aware of any organization in the league that has never made a bad personnel move?

Further more, why are you one of the primary posters on here who continually ignore the fact that the coaching staff isn't the only evaluater of talent?

Please please enlighten me.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "CCthebest" wrote:
    Yeah Wade, Ferggie, Cook, Brooks, Holcolm, Hicks, etc. all show what a great judge in talent Childress has. Childress wouldnt know a good WR or QB if one bit him in the jiggly butt.

Any coach that doesnt have AD on the field ALL the time when the game is on the line is an idiot. Keep AD fresh? He could prolly play every single down and still be fresh. Other RBs have. AD was drafted to make plays, not stay fresh. Play him! First drive they threw it to AD, what, twice right? And they scored. How many passes went his way after that? If they put 8-9 in the box, throw a screen pass to him, Let him catch the ball in the open field and see what he can do. At least TJ should be able to complete a short pass right?
    Again I will beg you to respond so we can have a logical discussion on your posts..........

Are you aware of any organization in the league that has never made a bad personnel move?

Further more, why are you one of the primary posters on here who continually ignore the fact that the coaching staff isn't the only evaluater of talent?

You are wasting your time.
    I have yet to see even one occasion where he gets into a discussion defending his viewpoint.
    He spouts off how much he hates Childress in almost every post including minutes after they announced the decision.
    Then, somehow, twists it into a Childress crotch sniffing comment for people that use reasoning behind their posts that are supported.

There is not even one person on this site that thinks Childress is some hero.
    The best case scenario I have seen is the relatively small group of fans that is willing to give him three years.
    It appears to me that most on this site are in the neutral swaying toward negative support.
    Is there even one person that has ever said he is a hero?

Personally, I get a kick out of CCthebest's posts.
    They are all pretty much the exact same thing and they make me laugh.
    Good humor.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

...and to add to that being an author we try to not do something call repitition.CC you are so repetitive it makes me want to puke. Why don't you post something worth peoples, time, effort and answers.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I think that the Vikings talent evaluators,whoever they have been, have been overall pretty successful at evaluating talent and bringing that talent to the team and that has not changed with the new management. You can never be 100% guaranteed that a player will work out no matter how hard you try.

What the Vikings have never been able to do is take that talent and use it to produce a Super Bowl Champion. They have been a bridesmaid, a personal attendant, an usher and a few times the drunk uncle in the last pew, but never the bride.

I see more of the same right now from the current management. They keep brining in pieces but I am losing faith that they will ever put the puzzle together.

Redmption is offline Pro-Bowler

Give Childress his third year. He nailed it and said exactly what I was trying to a few weeks ago, even Peyton Manning sucked in his first year playing. It takes development or an QB at any level... Just like we all want to trash players who hold out for more money managment should be accountable too and held to the contracts they give out

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Wow, totally overblown comments based on one statement. In the end, I can't believe Chilly haters still take what he says literally. In fact, Chilly has never revealed much in his press conferences, and he always lies in them. My advice is top listening and judge from the actions that he takes.

We have underacheived up to this point. That is just a fact. KC, Detroit, and GB were bullshit losses. Not all of it can be blamed on the coach, but losing winnable games is something that coach is eventually held responsible for. The pattern was apparent last this, and it has resurfaced again this year.

In fact, that is the most frustrating part about Childress. It seems that this team has the exact same problems it had last year:
    No QB
    Underacheiving OL
    No TE
    No WR
    Weak Pass Defense

So the question is, what has Chilly really done to improve this team. I think he has brought in some great talent, but he has done nothing with that talent.

That being said. Look at the rest of our schedule. Anything less than 7-9 is unacceptable.

In the end, all I want to see is PROGRESS
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

"Nephilim" wrote:
    ...and to add to that being an author we try to not do something call repitition.CC you are so repetitive it makes me want to puke. Why don't you post something worth peoples, time, effort and answers.
    For God's sake, dont read my posts if it makes ya feel that way.

I dont like Childress. I dont think hes a good HC. I dont care if hes been in the legue 50 years, he still doesnt have what I think it takes to be a HC. He was a joke in Philly and hes a joke here. He has no eye for talent at the QB or WR spots. How have I not backed this up? Just look at the personal hes broght in, even if only partially responsible.

Look at his judgement calls. Like caling that challenge when Barber scored the TD. Why waste a challenge and TO on that???? It makes no sense. Look at the play calling and not involving AD more. Our only offense IS AD, so he needs to play more.

I could go on and on and on about this. Just asked me what I havent 'backed up'. Just because some feel that Childress or his QB needs more time doesnt mean im wrong in saying they both seem to be so bad now giving them more time will only hurt the vikes. If some sort of improvements were seen then yeah maybe another year might be good. But its the same ole same ole this year.

Again please post what I havent backed up or how my opion is wrong. What facts dont you understand?

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "CCthebest" wrote:

You are wasting your time.
    I have yet to see even one occasion where he gets into a discussion defending his viewpoint.
    He spouts off how much he hates Childress in almost every post including minutes after they announced the decision.
    Then, somehow, twists it into a Childress crotch sniffing comment for people that use reasoning behind their posts that are supported.

There is not even one person on this site that thinks Childress is some hero.
    The best case scenario I have seen is the relatively small group of fans that is willing to give him three years.
    It appears to me that most on this site are in the neutral swaying toward negative support.
    Is there even one person that has ever said he is a hero?

Personally, I get a kick out of CCthebest's posts.
    They are all pretty much the exact same thing and they make me laugh.
    Good humor.
    I agree.
    I just see it as a challenge to get him to engage just once.
    He is lurking and thinking about it, I sense it.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

Wooow,what a debate for a "little" sentence.
    It ´s obvious Chilly is a liar,but it makes me laugh the way He evades the questions,and all that cliches he likes to use like"ehhm we are a development team" "We have to improve " ,"football is a sport team".I know is his job and He does what He can but IMO I don´t know If someone could difference one press conference from another
    ;D
    El underdog.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast