Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 37
  1. #11
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Childress Press Conference 10/22/07

    "mblack76" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "El" wrote:
    Q:What did you think of Ryan´s Cook performance after watching the film.
    Chilly:He actually played decently.
    ;D
    Chilly is an awful evaluator of talent. The only reason we have AP is because he fell into our laps with the #7 pick.

    Fire Childress. This comment should prove it.
    Good thing you are not a coach nor manager but just one of those 'internet coaches' or 'internet managers'. So he should run R. Cook under the bus and let the media pound on his already bruised ego and say he sucked?
    Case in point, even Andy Reid did not think Winston Justice played that bad against the Giants nor did Mangini think C. Pennington played bad on Sunday. But you know what, the coaches know who played well and who didnt and they would address that with the team and not the media.
    Its easy to sit and type and be internet coaches. Like I said... its easy to criticize.
    M. McCauley
    A Peterson
    Brian Robison
    C. Greenway
    S. Rice just to name these few...
    I guess those were brought in by other guys not Childress.
    :
    Very nice post my friend.

    You also should have highlighted the fact that the Chiller isn't the primary evaluator of talent.
    That falls to someone else and his staff of scouts.

    I am sure the Chiller has been pretty happy with the talent those people have found.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #12
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Childress Press Conference 10/22/07

    Very nice read my friend.
    Alot of good stuff in there but I found the whole exchange on Shank interesting.

    Q: Do you need him in more to help out with the tackles?
    A:
    It hasn’t been in terms of pass protection that we need him more in there.
    At times we are going to leave a tight end in but it’s just driven on us wanting to play with two tight ends, he and (Jim) Kleinssaser and using that makeup against those two outside linebackers that they had.
    And yet we still have people (this reporter included) who supposedly watch the game and don't see things like this and ask.........

    Were is Shank.......
    Why isn't Shank catching the ball.......Shank is over paid........ etc etc.

    I find tidbits like that simply amazing?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #13
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,467

    Re: Childress Press Conference 10/22/07

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "mblack76" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "El" wrote:
    Q:What did you think of Ryan´s Cook performance after watching the film.
    Chilly:He actually played decently.
    ;D
    Chilly is an awful evaluator of talent. The only reason we have AP is because he fell into our laps with the #7 pick.

    Fire Childress. This comment should prove it.
    Good thing you are not a coach nor manager but just one of those 'internet coaches' or 'internet managers'. So he should run R. Cook under the bus and let the media pound on his already bruised ego and say he sucked?
    Case in point, even Andy Reid did not think Winston Justice played that bad against the Giants nor did Mangini think C. Pennington played bad on Sunday. But you know what, the coaches know who played well and who didnt and they would address that with the team and not the media.
    Its easy to sit and type and be internet coaches. Like I said... its easy to criticize.
    M. McCauley
    A Peterson
    Brian Robison
    C. Greenway
    S. Rice just to name these few...
    I guess those were brought in by other guys not Childress.
    :
    Very nice post my friend.

    You also should have highlighted the fact that the Chiller isn't the primary evaluator of talent.
    That falls to someone else and his staff of scouts.


    I am sure the Chiller has been pretty happy with the talent those people have found.
    ;D
    Well... I pointed that out:
    Chilly wasn't the one evaluating the talent you listed anyways, that's the job of College Scouts.
    No love for C Mac D?
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  4. #14
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Childress Press Conference 10/22/07

    Q: Where do you think you are with that? (TJack's development)

    A: Five games into his career. That’s the easiest thing I would say to you. If I think about five games into Peyton Manning’s career and where he was at from a touchdown to interception ratio, if you were doing the logic, you would say whoa, not very good. It’s a curve.

    Personally, I am glad that there is a coach that uses his brain instead of overreacting to everything.
    He is basically saying the same thing that any logical person would say, it is too early to tell.
    The difference, which some ignore or say is irrelevant, is that he has 30 years of professional coaching experience and he sees Tarvaris every day.
    According to some he is such an idiot because he does not stop by pp.o and read a maddenites version of what is happening and change his gameplan based on that.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  5. #15
    mblack76's Avatar
    mblack76 is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    412

    Re: Childress Press Conference 10/22/07

    "C" wrote:
    "El" wrote:
    Q:What did you think of Ryan´s Cook performance after watching the film.
    Chilly:He actually played decently.
    ;D
    Chilly is an awful evaluator of talent. The only reason we have AP is because he fell into our laps with the #7 pick.

    Fire Childress. This comment should prove it.
    Will continue this discussion when you start thinking outside the box than cutting parts of it to suit your half baked statements.
    Going back to your original post...
    You insinuate he should be fired cos he is an awful evaluator of talent. You take your bias a step further saying the only reason we have AD is cos he fell to us. So here you are talking draft.
    Now you bring in the college scouts (who are PART of the process like Childress). Take a stand.
    By me saying older is not smarter was a reference to saying '..sit at the kid's table...'
    But again you have a comprehension problem
    You can not grasp a statement more than 10 word thats why you keep rambling

  6. #16
    mblack76's Avatar
    mblack76 is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    412

    Re: Childress Press Conference 10/22/07

    "C" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "mblack76" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "El" wrote:
    Q:What did you think of Ryan´s Cook performance after watching the film.
    Chilly:He actually played decently.
    ;D
    Chilly is an awful evaluator of talent. The only reason we have AP is because he fell into our laps with the #7 pick.

    Fire Childress. This comment should prove it.
    Good thing you are not a coach nor manager but just one of those 'internet coaches' or 'internet managers'. So he should run R. Cook under the bus and let the media pound on his already bruised ego and say he sucked?
    Case in point, even Andy Reid did not think Winston Justice played that bad against the Giants nor did Mangini think C. Pennington played bad on Sunday. But you know what, the coaches know who played well and who didnt and they would address that with the team and not the media.
    Its easy to sit and type and be internet coaches. Like I said... its easy to criticize.
    M. McCauley
    A Peterson
    Brian Robison
    C. Greenway
    S. Rice just to name these few...
    I guess those were brought in by other guys not Childress.
    :
    Very nice post my friend.

    You also should have highlighted the fact that the Chiller isn't the primary evaluator of talent.
    That falls to someone else and his staff of scouts.


    I am sure the Chiller has been pretty happy with the talent those people have found.
    ;D
    Well... I pointed that out:
    Chilly wasn't the one evaluating the talent you listed anyways, that's the job of College Scouts.
    No love for C Mac D?
    Like I said comprehension issues. There is a difference between Primary and not doing it. Chilly is part of the evaluation process. You claim he is not but again flip it to call him an awful evaluator of talent so which is which?

  7. #17
    Frostbite is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    966

    Re: Childress Press Conference 10/22/07

    You guys are making some great points in debate....both sides. For me personally it's not a question that Chilly doesn't recognize tallent. It is more like he isn't sure when and how to use what he has effectively or in the most effecient ways, and part of that is also on the O-coordinator.

    I have thought about this a lot and read a lot of posts on both sides of this Chilly issue. I am not going to sit here and try to make any excuses for him or other coaches. We all know performance and getting the job done is all that really matters, but with said I am not sure any coach in the League could have come here and taken over for Tice...basically a
    team that was embarrased...demoralized....floundering with little if any unity and direction and been able to make quality competitors out of them in 2 years. I think we have made some positive strides since last season.....especially defensively. The team scouts and player personal manager took a chance on T.J.....it's not working out....so maybe next year Chilly and the coaches get a quality QB and a Top WR...maybe a Top TE...and then the Viking Ship will have the Oarsman to make a run at the Division title....maybe further.

    Some of the strategy and play calling have been weak.....but on the other hand....some of the execution on offense has been worse.

    JMHO....Cheers Everyone.
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

  8. #18
    CCthebest's Avatar
    CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,270

    Re: Childress Press Conference 10/22/07

    Yeah Wade, Ferggie, Cook, Brooks, Holcolm, Hicks, etc. all show what a great judge in talent Childress has. Childress wouldnt know a good WR or QB if one bit him in the ass.

    Anyone that says Cook played decent needs their head examined.

    Any coach that doesnt have AD on the field ALL the time when the game is on the line is an idiot. Keep AD fresh? He could prolly play every single down and still be fresh. Other RBs have. AD was drafted to make plays, not stay fresh. Play him! First drive they threw it to AD, what, twice right? And they scored. How many passes went his way after that? If they put 8-9 in the box, throw a screen pass to him, Let him catch the ball in the open field and see what he can do. At least TJ should be able to complete a short pass right?

  9. #19
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Childress Press Conference 10/22/07

    "C" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "mblack76" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "El" wrote:
    Q:What did you think of Ryan´s Cook performance after watching the film.
    Chilly:He actually played decently.
    ;D
    Chilly is an awful evaluator of talent. The only reason we have AP is because he fell into our laps with the #7 pick.

    Fire Childress. This comment should prove it.
    Good thing you are not a coach nor manager but just one of those 'internet coaches' or 'internet managers'. So he should run R. Cook under the bus and let the media pound on his already bruised ego and say he sucked?
    Case in point, even Andy Reid did not think Winston Justice played that bad against the Giants nor did Mangini think C. Pennington played bad on Sunday. But you know what, the coaches know who played well and who didnt and they would address that with the team and not the media.
    Its easy to sit and type and be internet coaches. Like I said... its easy to criticize.
    M. McCauley
    A Peterson
    Brian Robison
    C. Greenway
    S. Rice just to name these few...
    I guess those were brought in by other guys not Childress.
    :
    Very nice post my friend.

    You also should have highlighted the fact that the Chiller isn't the primary evaluator of talent.
    That falls to someone else and his staff of scouts.


    I am sure the Chiller has been pretty happy with the talent those people have found.

    ;D
    Well... I pointed that out:
    Chilly wasn't the one evaluating the talent you listed anyways, that's the job of College Scouts.
    No love for C Mac D?
    No, infact you made the point that he fell in his lap.

    Much different perspective than a scouting and the whole evaluation process or is falling in ones lap part of that process.
    ;D

    I did leave your post in there as part of the quote though as a honorable mention.

    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #20
    josdin00's Avatar
    josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,619

    Re: Childress Press Conference 10/22/07

    "CCthebest" wrote:
    Yeah Wade, Ferggie, Cook, Brooks, Holcolm, Hicks, etc. all show what a great judge in talent Childress has. Childress wouldnt know a good WR or QB if one bit him in the ass.
    He's had some bad pick-ups, but there have been some good choices as well. And besides, as it's been said before, he's not the only one responsible for evaluating talent.

    "CCthebest" wrote:
    Anyone that says Cook played decent needs their head examined.
    Any coach who tells the media that one of his players sucked is calling for more of a headache than that player's worth. A smart coach deals with an underperforming player in the tape room, not the press room.

    "CCthebest" wrote:
    Any coach that doesnt have AD on the field ALL the time when the game is on the line is an idiot. Keep AD fresh? He could prolly play every single down and still be fresh. Other RBs have. AD was drafted to make plays, not stay fresh. Play him! First drive they threw it to AD, what, twice right? And they scored. How many passes went his way after that? If they put 8-9 in the box, throw a screen pass to him, Let him catch the ball in the open field and see what he can do. At least TJ should be able to complete a short pass right?
    Yes, because there has never been an instance of a rookie running back who's not used to playing a 16 game schedule hitting a wall late in the season.

    Listen. I don't think Childress has shown himself to be a great coach. I think he has shown himself to be a mediocre coach that has had some good moments, and some bad. If he keeps performing like this, I think he'll get fired after next season.

    However, your constant harping on him makes me want to defend him. Your ability to blame him for everything makes me wonder if we'll finally be able to pull out of the Iraq war when he gets fired. In the same way that the tactics used by some evangellical christians have been said to create more athiests, your posts, I think, have made more childress supporters on this site than the other way around.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Childress Press Conference 12/24/08
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-26-2008, 08:34 AM
  2. Childress Press Conference 10/15/07
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-16-2007, 08:56 AM
  3. Childress Press conference
    By PurplePeopleEaters in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-03-2007, 04:01 AM
  4. Childress Press Conference
    By PurplePumpkin in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-05-2006, 03:04 AM
  5. Childress' Press Conference.
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-21-2006, 06:14 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •