Childress Press Conference 10/22/07

[size=13pt]Childress Press Conference[/size]

10/22/2007

vikings.com

Head Coach Brad Childress........

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Childress Press Conference 10/22/07

Q:What did you think of Ryan´s Cook performance after watching the film.
    Chilly:He actually played decently.
    ;D
    El underdog.

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Well Chilli state's the obvious, now lets get this team playing better. A couple home games will certainly help. We should beat the Eagle's, but the Chargers are gonna be tough. Hopefully we can iron out a few things and get some momentum with a win and be playing better when San Diego comes to town.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"El" wrote:
    ;D
    Chilly is an awful evaluator of talent. The only reason we have AP is because he fell into our laps with the #7 pick.

Fire Childress. This comment should prove it.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

mblack76 is offline Pro-Bowler

"C" wrote:
    "El" wrote:
    ;D
    Chilly is an awful evaluator of talent. The only reason we have AP is because he fell into our laps with the #7 pick.

Good thing you are not a coach nor manager but just one of those 'internet coaches' or 'internet managers'. So he should run R. Cook under the bus and let the media pound on his already bruised ego and say he sucked?
    Case in point, even Andy Reid did not think Winston Justice played that bad against the Giants nor did Mangini think C. Pennington played bad on Sunday. But you know what, the coaches know who played well and who didnt and they would address that with the team and not the media.
    Its easy to sit and type and be internet coaches. Like I said... its easy to criticize.
    M. McCauley
    A Peterson
    Brian Robison
    C. Greenway
    S. Rice just to name these few...
    I guess those were brought in by other guys not Childress.
    :

"mblack76" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "El" wrote:
    ;D

Good thing you are not a coach nor manager but just one of those 'internet coaches' or 'internet managers'. So he should run R. Cook under the bus and let the media pound on his already bruised ego and say he sucked?
    Case in point, even Andy Reid did not think Winston Justice played that bad against the Giants nor did Mangini think C. Pennington played bad on Sunday.
    Its easy to sit and type and be internet coaches. Like I said... its easy to criticize.
    M. McCauley
    A Peterson
    Brian Robison
    C. Greenway
    :
    And what are you basing the fact that they're great players? They're all rookies. Not to mention Leber started over Greenway last week.

I do admit that Robison is a beast, and Rice will be... but you can't say that Childress is a great evaluator of talent off these guys... they haven't done anything. You can even go ahead and post their stats if you want.

And I already mentioned Peterson... he fell in our laps at the #7 picks.. please read posts before responding.

"C" wrote:
    "mblack76" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "El" wrote:
    ;D

Case in point, even Andy Reid did not think Winston Justice played that bad against the Giants nor did Mangini think C. Pennington played bad on Sunday.
    M. McCauley
    A Peterson
    Brian Robison
    C. Greenway
    :
    And what are you basing the fact that they're great players? They're all rookies. Not to mention Leber started over Greenway last week.

I do admit that Robison is a beast, and Rice will be... but you can't say that Childress is a great evaluator of talent off these guys... they haven't done anything. You can even go ahead and post their stats if you want.
    Add A. Peterson to the two players you just cited above and then apply the same logic to what you used to make your myopic statement then you see how shallow your thought process is.
    I never said he was a great evaluator of talent because I am waiting to see how they pan out. So far they have been good (and you even accept that) as ROOKIES even though still too early to say. But you, you already called him 'awful' cos of a statement he made which you quoted above.
    If thats not plain ignorant then I dunno what is.
    I didnt know that Leber starting over Greenway makes Greenway a bad player.
    :. Oh and I bet Peterson was the last player in the draft huh? Give credit where credit is due. The Vikings could have passed him like the other 6 teams did.
    Wish I could find a link to the story on how R. Speilman explained the origin of the AD re-injured collar bone a day before the draft and how they had an eye on him all along. But again you made up your mind already about how 'awful' Childress is.

"mblack76" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "mblack76" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "El" wrote:
    ;D

M. McCauley
    A Peterson
    Brian Robison
    C. Greenway
    :

Add A. Peterson to the two players you just cited above and then apply the same logic to what you used to make your myopic statement then you see how shallow your thought process is.
    I never said he was a great evaluator of talent because I am waiting to see how they pan out. So far they have been good (and you even accept that) as ROOKIES even though still too early to say. But you, you already called him 'awful' cos of a statement he made which you quoted above.
    :
    I rest my case.
    I already edited my comment..
    And I already mentioned Peterson... he fell in our laps at the #7 picks.. please read posts before responding.
    Well, calling my logic "shallow" because he said Ryan Cook played well... now that just shows me who I'm dealing with here. Everyone saw how poorly Cook played, you apparently did not though. Why don't you go sit at the kid's table and have a juice box.

Time will prove me right when Chilly is fired.

"C" wrote:
    "mblack76" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "mblack76" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    [quote author=El Vikingo link=topic=39056.msg660301#msg660301 date=1193141955]
    ;D

M. McCauley
    A Peterson
    Brian Robison
    C. Greenway
    :

:
    I rest my case.
    I already edited my comment..
    Well, calling my logic "shallow" because he said Ryan Cook played well... now that just shows me who I'm dealing with here. Everyone saw how poorly Cook played, you apparently did not though. Why don't you go sit at the kid's table and have a juice box.

Time will prove me right when Chilly is fired.
    [/quote]
    Of course you didn't see my explanation and examples on why he would say he played well. I saw the game and accept he didnt play well (thats not the issue under discussion). He has to protect his players and get them better and telling the media he sucked or was horrible will not help his team nor the player. That will sure be addressed with the players like I already said but selective perception will not let you comprehend that.
    Anyway, by also claiming AD fell to us and not acknowledging that he drafted good players shows how biased your reasoning is. By the way being older doesn't mean you are smarter. Again another shallow thought process.
    There are a plethora of reasons a coach could be fired and firing Childress would not mean he is a poor evaluator of talent. Case in point...Marty was fired or let go by the Chargers I guess that meant he was a poor evaluator of talent. You need a brain change. Please stop spewing immature rants over the board

"mblack76" wrote:
    Of course you didn't see my explanation and examples on why he would say he played well. I saw the game and accept he didnt play well (thats not the issue under discussion). He has to protect his players and get them better and telling the media he sucked or was horrible will not help his team nor the player. That will sure be addressed with the players like I already said but selective perception will not let you comprehend that.
    Anyway, by also claiming AD fell to us and not acknowledging that he drafted good players shows how biased your reasoning is. By the way being older doesn't mean you are smarter. Again another shallow thought process.
    There are a plethora of reasona a coach could be fired and firing Childress would not mean he is a poor evaluator of talent. Case in point...Marty was fired or let go by the Chargers I guess that meant he was a poor evaluator of talent. You need a brain change. Please stop spewing immature rants over the board
    I never said I was older or smarter (hell, I'm only 25). You're rationalization is childlike though. In all honesty, Chilly wasn't the one evaluating the talent you listed anyways, that's the job of College Scouts. Chilly was too busy sucking his thumb in the fetal position... leading us to a 6-10 record.

Marty was fired or let go by the Chargers I guess that meant he was a poor evaluator of talent.
    That's called a mass generalization, taking what I said about one coach and applying it to all coaches. Everyone knows Schotty was fired for not being able to get to the Super Bowl and win it. Do you want a fruit punch or orange juice box?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast